Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NFZ Issues

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently got my 107 and the tower nearby has LAANC capability for instant approval.

Here's the fun part: My Typhoon H won't let me fly because of the firmware.

I've gone into their NFZ firmware portal and plugged all my info in. When I submit their form, I get this message:

"Sorry, time machines don't exist yet. Please select a date in the present or future".

That is a complete load of bologna. I've tried every start and end date possible but nothing works. Of course I'd like to go out today (and had authorization to fly) but can't because of this error.

Of course I can't speak with their tech support for two days (which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of).

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Did you go through Yuneec for NFZ approval? Once you submit your 107 they will send you a firmware to unlock the NFZ.

Once your 107 submission moves to the register, they'll issue you your number. You could wait until your card arrives, but it's not necessary. Once you have your license number, go through the NFZ unlock process with Yuneec.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
The LAANC authorization process has only been available to recreational users for about a week as of this writing. It is not reasonable to expect ANY manufacturer to alter their systems to make use of LAANC recreational access within such a short time period.

Commercial users have known what they had to do to remove NFZ restrictions for quite some time so they should not be an affected group.

The LAANC authorization process has only been available to recreational users for about a week as of this writing. It is not reasonable to expect ANY manufacturer to alter their systems to make use of LAANC recreational access within such a short time period.

Commercial users have known what they had to do to remove NFZ restrictions for quite some time so they should not be an affected group.

Completely reasonable. I will say with my Q500, I just plopped the firmware in it and I was off and running. I didn't realize that Yuneec made the NFZ Typhoon H firmware such a pain in the caboose...

All I wanted to do was fly around the park ?

The OP’s complaint referenced the firmware used in the Typhoon H preventing him/her from flying in an area serviced by LAANC. The reference to the Q-500 was a red herring.

As the OP has only made 8 posts, with 7 of them directly complaining about the H and the 8th indirectly complaining with reference to H battery supplies, from my perspective the complaint appears to be just another cheap shot at Yuneec.

There’s no shortage of battery supply for the H. Eventually everyone will need to adapt to a different battery but there are plenty available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred Garvin
The OP’s complaint referenced the firmware used in the Typhoon H preventing him/her from flying in an area serviced by LAANC. The reference to the Q-500 was a red herring.

As the OP has only made 8 posts, with 7 of them directly complaining about the H and the 8th indirectly complaining with reference to H battery supplies, from my perspective the complaint appears to be just another cheap shot at Yuneec.

There’s no shortage of battery supply for the H. Eventually everyone will need to adapt to a different battery but there are plenty available.

Aren't you sweet. I had a referb Q500 that I was able to get the NFZ firmware through their portal very easily and quickly. I thought the process would be the same for the Typhoon H. I was apparently incorrect in this assumption.

I did previously complain about battery supplies because they dried up for a little bit. I had an order on eBay cancelled by a seller because they ran out of supplies on the Ultrax batteries and weren't sure when they would get more. I'm not sure how that would be a cheap shot. I did luckily get a hold of a new Typhoon H battery, fairly cheaply.

True I don't have many posts here, but I just bought my first drone only a few months ago after upgrading from a little Syma X5C.

I'm glad I found a board where I can ask questions about my drone and then be accused of, somehow, attacking Yuneec as a manufacturer. Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

Hey everyone,

Recently got my 107 and the tower nearby has LAANC capability for instant approval.

Here's the fun part: My Typhoon H won't let me fly because of the firmware.

I've gone into their NFZ firmware portal and plugged all my info in. When I submit their form, I get this message:

"Sorry, time machines don't exist yet. Please select a date in the present or future".

That is a complete load of bologna. I've tried every start and end date possible but nothing works. Of course I'd like to go out today (and had authorization to fly) but can't because of this error.

Of course I can't speak with their tech support for two days (which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of).

Anyone have any ideas on this?
Start date cannot be the same day you request it and not more than 90 days from the requested start date. Then you will have to provide 107 certification, Gov issued photo Id and proof of insurance.

Reactions: admiralriker
You can get same day approval through LAANC, sometimes in less than 30 minutes!
No more waiting 90 days.

You can get same day approval through LAANC, sometimes in less than 30 minutes!
No more waiting 90 days.

The above poster, Mikeomni1, is referencing the NFZ firmware I believe. I got approval from my local tower in about 15 seconds for LAANC. 'Twas the drone that wouldn't cooperate with me.

Reactions: Mikeomni1
Yuneec’s NFZ firmware was never designed nor intended to interface with the FAA’s LAANC system. Neither does the firmware used in the Q-500. LAANC and Yuneec firmware are totally independent of each other.

That takes us to Yuneec’s recreational and commercial NFZ waivers and how they function in critical areas. A recreational waiver holder will still have some restrictions within a controlled zone while a commercial waiver holder will not. So a commercial waiver holder will be able to operate within a LAANC zone’s lower altitude restricted areas than a recreational holder. LAANC has absolutely nothing to do and zero interaction with a Yuneec NFZ waiver or NFZ software. If you’re flying a restricted drone, obtaining a LAANC authorization will do nothing to remove the manufacturer limitations.

If an operator has not bothered to obtain NFZ removal software from Yuneec the problem they are having is not one that belongs to Yuneec, it’s their own for failing to understand how things work or not meeting the requirements necessary to remove manufacturer restrictions. Blaming the manufacturer is like blaming a car for running out of gas when you forgot to put gas in it.

Reactions: WernerJB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro