Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Fly Zone Heaven!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I made my 1st post last Tuesday in the Q500 4K board! So happy find this forum. Hoping to contribute a lot in here. I have been creating videos with professional gear for a few years now and doing photography for about 25 years. This is my 1st taste of aerial art.

My only dismay is this! I live right in the middle of San Diego. Acres of grassy open parks and beaches but, pretty much a NO FLY ZONE everywhere! :( Had to drive out to the mountains for my 1st flight yesterday and barely legal because I was on the border of a National Forest with pesky ranges patrolling all day! There is a nice huge park by my house where I'd like practice within the safe geofence. I've got my FAA registration cardaaaa1111.jpg and my drone is labeled etc. Will the drone start if I don't enable GPS? I know I'm subject to getting shot by the authorities if caught. :) Thanks!

Gps will not control the wifi of H and ST16 so think you will still have GEO? Not positive though, let me know LOL !:rolleyes:

Your only turning off the gps on the drone not the tx controller so no it will not start. If you have the Q500 there was firmware posted by someone on here that lifted the NFZ so you can fly anywhere. Try searching for that post.

Reactions: m5zealot
hi, I live in Naples and almost the entire city is no fly zone for Yuneec while all the phantom fly regularly at 4 km from the 'airport . I'd love to give me one yuneec Q500 4k but at my house only does the phantom phantom 3 or 4. Any of you can ' confirm that the v1.07 firmware Q500 10 05 2015 no airport runs the yuneec regularly? without making changes to the firmware of the radio st10 ?
if it works I order it right away and make myself a nice birthday gift, thank you very much.

Last edited:
hi, I live in Naples and almost the entire city is no fly zone for Yuneec while all the phantom fly regularly at 4 km from the 'airport . I'd love to give me one yuneec Q500 4k but at my house only does the phantom phantom 3 or 4. Any of you can ' confirm that the v1.07 firmware Q500 10 05 2015 no airport runs the yuneec regularly? without making changes to the firmware of the radio st10 ?
if it works I order it right away and make myself a nice birthday gift, thank you very much.
Did you find this firmware for the no fly zone

You can turn off the GPS on the St16 I think. You can on the St10.
Take the Typhoon G or H under a bunch of trees or inside a building.
Turn on the controller. Turn on the copter about 5 seconds after the controller.
As soon as the controller gets to the start screen turn OFF the GPS.
Then hit the red button and start the props.
Carry the drone out RUNNING to the take off place and it will take off in no GPS mode.
Do this AT YOUR OWN RISK.
This is for testing with no GPS only.
The drone is unstable without GPS and will be carried by the wind.
The Typhoon G is a lot harder to fly without GPS. Not sure about the H.
Well as soon as you come down and turn off the motors - you will not be able to
restart them.
Unless you turn off everything and hide under a tree or in a building and turn off GPS again and restart the motors. Not easy. Dangerous really as you can get sliced by the props.
The H is probably too big to carry around when it is running and you risk injury or worse.
And if you are filmed flying in a no - fly zone - it will NOT be a good time for you later.
Just saying.
If you are just test flying with no GPS then stay below the trees, fly with no wind and stay away from nearby trees.

Reactions: m5zealot
Thank s for reply but i install the new firmware for the nonfly zone and eveythink is ok now.thank s

Hey guys,

I made my 1st post last Tuesday in the Q500 4K board! So happy find this forum. Hoping to contribute a lot in here. I have been creating videos with professional gear for a few years now and doing photography for about 25 years. This is my 1st taste of aerial art.

My only dismay is this! I live right in the middle of San Diego. Acres of grassy open parks and beaches but, pretty much a NO FLY ZONE everywhere! :( Had to drive out to the mountains for my 1st flight yesterday and barely legal because I was on the border of a National Forest with pesky ranges patrolling all day! There is a nice huge park by my house where I'd like practice within the safe geofence. I've got my FAA registration cardView attachment 1942 and my drone is labeled etc. Will the drone start if I don't enable GPS? I know I'm subject to getting shot by the authorities if caught. :) Thanks!

I was told by yuneec that if you put in angle mode you can fly. But if you call the tower and give them your exact location.....altitude planning to fly and how long....yhen you can fly within that 5 mile limit.

Hello
In angle mode without gps and the new firmware no fly zone, the quad will start the engine eveywhere,but no easy to fly with wind.
I see a lot of youtube video, the yuneec q500+ is very nervous without gps and wind and he is fast,over 50km/h.
A lot of people say it s not good for the camera without gps but in think in will try.
For the tower and your location,i don t know your regulation in the Usa,i m from Luxembourg in Europe.

I was told by yuneec that if you put in angle mode you can fly. But if you call the tower and give them your exact location.....altitude planning to fly and how long....yhen you can fly within that 5 mile limit.

SOrry for late replies. I lost this post. The problem is w//out the update, the quad will not start within 5 miles of any Class B airport even with the president's permission. The software grounds the bird.

I think that you can fly it in La Jolla area as it is outside the 5 nm radius of airports. I will test mine this weekend there and let you know. I use hover app and that shows the no fly zones for drones. Any one else have a Yuneec drone in San Diego and know some good places to fly it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval