Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No fly zone

Reaction score
Is there a Map or App that shows what Yuneec considers the airport no fly zone? I'm using Hover, but is marking areas that does not have airports.

I know this isn't actually what you're asking, but the relevant FAA app is called "B4UFLY"
It is VERY restrictive since it includes all helipads. The FAA considers helipads airports as far as UAS are concerned.

I plan to take mine to the airport my EAA chapter is at. Even the airport manager is interested in how it reacts. I want to know if it will even let me take off while at the airport and how it reacts when I fly into the airport air space.

I plan to take mine to the airport my EAA chapter is at. Even the airport manager is interested in how it reacts. I want to know if it will even let me take off while at the airport and how it reacts when I fly into the airport air space.
If it's like my P3 it will not even lift off if it is a class one airport, and may even fly radically and crash, as mine did once, beware!

I just want to know if it i a 1 mile no take off or fly in or what. I have a small airport 7 miles form my home and on the UAV forecast app it has the 2 circles. the outer is notify and inner is no fly. this app uses the DJI no fly zones.

According to the FAA UAS seminar I took last week, you have to notify the tower of a controlled airport (Class B, C, or D) within 5 miles and the airport manager of an uncontrolled airport (Class E, G) within 3 miles. I don't know how Yuneec has implemented this into their geo fence. Both r/c flying fields I fly at are within 5 miles of a towered airport, but they are both sanctioned AMA fields and the YT-H flew at both.

ps. Yes, I know there are some towers within Class E and G airspace, but they are rare.

Thanks for the app info. Is working great!

I will now try validate son areas during this and the next weekends.

The B4UFLY is anything but complete or correct. It includes every Pixley International Airport ma and pa grass strips that haven't been in operation since Petticoat Junction stopped airing.

The B4UFLY is anything but complete or correct. It includes every Pixley International Airport ma and pa grass strips that haven't been in operation since Petticoat Junction stopped airing.
It's a start ! **** you are right behind me! Petticoat Junction !

It's a start ! **** you are right behind me! Petticoat Junction !
If B4UFLY were enforced, I couldn't fly; surrounded by 5 uncontrolled "airports"; no tele #, no tower, most grown over with trees.

Who was the hottest babe? Sorry, I'm not PC.

The worst piece of crap ever written is B4UFLY which makes sense because it was written for the FAA and paid for with tax money. The only one I have found that seems useable is UAV Forecast. The settings allow you to control more of what is displayed.

If B4UFLY were enforced, I couldn't fly; surrounded by 5 uncontrolled "airports"; no tele #, no tower, most grown over with trees.

Who was the hottest babe? Sorry, I'm not PC.
Bobbie Jo, Billie Jo and Bettie Jo, Gunilla Hutton from Sweden alway made me "Salute the Flag" LOL ! If you know what I mean !

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval