Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Fly Zones Geofence Test Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K

Reaction score
This is a test of the build in No Fly Zones Geofence of the Yuneec Typhoon Q500.
My expectation was that the quadcopter could not take of because of the No Fly Zones Geofence restrictions. But there was no warning on my transmitter and I could fly the quadcopter on both locations.

DISCLAIMER: This test and video are for educational purposes only.

Wow. I live by 4 major airports - 2 are military. My quad won't even start if I'm with 3+ miles of all airports. The restrictions Yuneec has the quads only work for class A airports with a control tower and large passenger planes taking off every 2 minutes all day. There is a class B airport (small planes w/ or w/out tower) across the street from my work and my quad is able to start and fly there. The FAA app I downloaded on my cell phone is pretty accurate. (B4UFLY) I get a message on my transmitter stating GPS has confirmed I'm in a no fly zone and to contact Yuneec if I want to challenge the location. It's funny because there are two RC aircraft parks within 4 miles of the main airport here in San Diego that have been around for 20 years +. I can send them these GPS coordinates but, I really don't want to fly in these parks because there are full of grumpy old guys who don't like drones! :p

Last edited:
In The United States we do not have Classes of airports as you state.
We do have Air Space Classifications.
The number of operations i.e. Take Off and Landings do not classify the airspace in which the airdrome is located, nor does the type of aircraft operating from said airport.

This is why the FAA is mandating that CFR 333 waiver holders be a certificates pilot. So that one does know air space classification.

I suggest you read "aeronautical information manual"
http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/media/aim.pdf

In The United States we do not have Classes of airports as you state.
We do have Air Space Classifications.
The number of operations i.e. Take Off and Landings do not classify the airspace in which the airdrome is located, nor does the type of aircraft operating from said airport.

This is why the FAA is mandating that CFR 333 waiver holders be a certificates pilot. So that one does know air space classification.

I suggest you read "aeronautical information manual"
http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/media/aim.pdf

I got most of this info by Google search. ::D I think this is one link I found on Wikipedia and it showed Class B etc. So do you know how Yuneec classifies airports and how they decided to exclude certain airspace? I work across the street from Montgomery Field. Montgomery Field | City of San Diego Official Website There is a control tower with helicopters, single engine and Learjets using it. My quad starts up and flies. Of course I only fly it for a few minutes on my break and never above the parking light poles.
List of Class B airports in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I stand corrected! As of November 2013 37 airports have been designated as Class B airports. I am a retired Airline and Corporate Pilot. I retired in 2012 so I have nor kept up with the details of Regulation Changes.

Thank you for gently correcting me.

I stand corrected! As of November 2013 37 airports have been designated as Class B airports. I am a retired Airline and Corporate Pilot. I retired in 2012 so I have nor kept up with the details of Regulation Changes.

Thank you for gently correcting me.

No worries sir! That's what I love about this forum, everyone is respectful and tactful. I think we are all more mature than other forums I belong to. :) I was only a flight attendant for 10 years - Northwest Orient. I was too math challenged to be a pilot! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone