Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No take off, prop. start on a Typhoon H with added realsence

Thanks Guy's, The buttons are responding normal on the monitor test. yes the camera pans tilts and shows video. It shows 12 satellites.
It shows a light blue and a green rear indicator. I did get the communication and the red button worked, BUT! I keep getting a 5 motor error please land quickly. Where did that come from?
All the above.
Also, I see by the green tail LED that you are in "smart" mode.
The H wants to be 26ft away from the ST16 for pilot safety.
If you arm in "angle" mode (purple LED) the safety zone.is disregarded.

The battery can be replaced, if you are a micro soldering aficionado. Otherwise you'll just make a mess of the GPS board.

Reactions: PatR
What's the storage life on that battery in an on the shelf spare?

I believe that the battery gets recharged when the TH is turned on. Someone with more knowledge should confirm that.

It does, but once discharged through lack of use or old age will not hold a charge. That’s part of what that 10-15 minute GPS ground warm up is all about, charging up the GPS back up battery. Once it’s discharged the GPS is unreliable until it obtains a new charge from the flight battery.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
The GPS back up battery is a common, COTS lithium button battery. Shelf life of roughly 2 years.
So stored spares will have to be removed and replaced in approximately 2years, depending when and how long they've been standing. I suppose plugging into a copter to recharge, every six months or so, could extend their life.

Reactions: h-elsner
My guess would have the “plug in” more frequent. When removed from terminal contact a battery experiences no active discharge. With terminals engaged to create a circuit the battery will be discharging. I don’t know what is used to interrupt the GPS/compass circuit when the aircraft is switched off so it’s possible the GPS unit might be “live” all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval