Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Yuneec or Dealer Support - need commercial support

Reaction score
I had a suspected issue with the ST16S recently after buying and shipping a new H520 / E90 to NZ from Vertigo Drones in the US.

I contacted Vertigo and Yuneec US, raising tickets in their respective support applications.

Yuneec responded saying that whilst the product was correctly registered, etc that they couldn't help as I was outside the US and that I should contact the company I purchased it from.

Vertigo Drones said that due to Yuneec, they are no longer able to service H520 customers, and I should contact Yuneec.

That leaves me with no one.

1. Does anyone know what's going on with support and dealers, as the carefully worded answer from Vertigo suggests there is come politics / commercial constraints involved
  2. Does anyone know how I can get on going support / cover for an H520 in Australasia so I can use it commercially in NZ (as I need to state who will overhaul and service the drone - it can be someone off shore, but I need to document who...)
Any help (especially to point 2) would be welcome.

I had a suspected issue with the ST16S recently after buying and shipping a new H520 / E90 to NZ from Vertigo Drones in the US.

I contacted Vertigo and Yuneec US, raising tickets in their respective support applications.

Yuneec responded saying that whilst the product was correctly registered, etc that they couldn't help as I was outside the US and that I should contact the company I purchased it from.

Vertigo Drones said that due to Yuneec, they are no longer able to service H520 customers, and I should contact Yuneec.

That leaves me with no one.

1. Does anyone know what's going on with support and dealers, as the carefully worded answer from Vertigo suggests there is come politics / commercial constraints involved
  2. Does anyone know how I can get on going support / cover for an H520 in Australasia so I can use it commercially in NZ (as I need to state who will overhaul and service the drone - it can be someone off shore, but I need to document who...)
Any help (especially to point 2) would be welcome.
@Haydn any input on this one?

Reactions: journeyman
Sent a PM .
Will update here after I have spoken to him.

There’s a lesson here for people considering purchasing from out of their own country. Another lesson encompasses where Yuneec will allow repair work will be performed.

Agreed Pat,
I tried to advise people a month ago about issues... but unfortunately at least two did not listen. I will try and help out as best as I can but they don't make it easy.
And Lastly the prices I am offering them for in Australia are the same as your prices (just do a currency conversion with XE and compare) and they INCLUDE local GST (10%)
When people bring them in for them selves they are subject to USA Cost + shipping + 5% Duty +10% of total.
from me... USA Cost+ local delivery ($50 approx.)

Now I just need journeyman, to wake up :p

@Haydn just replied with contact details.

Vertigo are very apologetic, and say they would be willing to help, but are in a stale mate with Yuneec over the H520.

If you can provide servicing and overhaul cover for Yuneec you have my (small, but appreciative) business. I'm not opposed to taking out some level of extended cover with Yuneec under their Yes! program, but need to know what that means.

I appreciate purchasing from overseas comes with risk, but I was in a tight decision spot, and really didn't want to purchase DJI.

Cheers.

@Haydn but I was in a tight decision spot, and really didn't want to purchase DJI.

Cheers.

I really know how you feel;)

There are times when decisions have to be made and the direction we take may not be ideal, but the only feasible option at the time. I chose a very different path but remained with the brand.

Something I saw today in a Vertigo advertisement, but don't know if it's true. The 520 is the only drone approved for use by our Department of Defense: Yuneec H520 vs H480

That doesn't ring true as our DoD backs a lot of different drones and configurations. The Programs of Record cover things like Shadow, X-300/Integrator, Raven/Puma, Reaper, Hunter, and many others. Those are very much DoD "approved" drones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval