Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Noisy video

Reaction score
So, my H's maiden flight was today. I flew from my front yard in Pilot mode. So far I am pretty comfortable with the controls but will get a few more flights under my belt before I start getting too adventurous. The drone flies like a dream so far!

Just one problem, and that is the video came out all screwed up. A ton of noise with some occasional decent footage. Any ideas? Yuneec said to upgrade the firmware, but somehow I doubt that's going to help.
Maybe I'll try resetting the camera settings?? I did notice the SD card was formatted to FAT 32.

Thanks in advance.

Well, my 2nd flight did not go as well. I was hovering about 40' in the air, then it decided to drop like a rock. POOF!. Just before it hit ground I thought it might recover, but it was too late.

It seems flying around houses is providing the same issues as yours, I suspect, reinforced concrete, house wifi, power lines to houses, low and high voltage, Can't prove it, but many who are dropping and flying erratic are stating they are flying in their front or back yards?:rolleyes:

Reactions: SkyEye
I live in a crowded neighborhood with homes, trees, and power lines all over the place. I have not experienced any of those problems. However, I have read similar posts as you have, DroneClone. I can't explain the pattern either.

Just in case, I am in the process of upgrading my ST16 with Itelite and boosters. I am not taking any chances.

Last edited:
I'm just now noticing other reports of this problem. Mine took a real beating - the gimbal/camera is totally whacked, as are a few of the rotor arms and 1 side of each of the landing apparatus. 4 of the props are toast, one rotor arm is severely bent, and the body is cracked near the gimbal mount. It's a mess. The video is un-viewable at all. Not sure how to get that to work since the whole unit shut down when it crashed (the battery popped out)

This surely doesn't inspire any confidence.

Last edited:
If you put the battery back in and try and power on again (assuming it still works), it should finish writing the video file to the SD card and you may be able to view on your computer.

Battery was in nice and secure on the flight?

I'm just now noticing other reports of this problem. Mine took a real beating - the gimbal/camera is totally whacked, as are a few of the rotor arms and 1 side of each of the landing apparatus. All the props are toast. It's a mess. The video is unviewable at all. Not sure how to get that to work since the whole unit shut down when it crashed (the battery popped out)

This surely doesn't inspire any confidence.

The good news is that does not sound like anything you did so I am sure Yuneec will take care of you. You did call them right?

Well, my 2nd flight did not go as well. I was hovering about 40' in the air, then it decided to drop like a rock. POOF!. Just before it hit ground I thought it might recover, but it was too late.

You are not the first to report this problem. Provide a detailed, well-written e-mail to Yuneec explaining what happened. Your ST16 has telemetry data that you can also send to Yuneec. I know there is a YouTube video that explains how to access that data (sorry, I do not have the precise link). The telemetry data may show how quickly your drone dropped for apparently no reason.

You are not the first to report this problem. Provide a detailed, well-written e-mail to Yuneec explaining what happened. Your ST16 has telemetry data that you can also send to Yuneec. I know there is a YouTube video that explains how to access that data (sorry, I do not have the precise link). The telemetry data may show how quickly your drone dropped for apparently no reason.

Thanks for the tip on the telemetry - I will snag what I can from the controller before it gets sent back.

I just spoke with Yuneec. I talked to Brandon. He didn't say much, but created an RMA and is issuing a call tag. I have to box up everything and send it in for them to make a determination as to whether to repair or replace. Pretty sure it's beyond repair - it's a mess.

I am beginning to think I would be better off getting a refund and looking at something else at this point. My confidence has been shattered.

The good news is that does not sound like anything you did so I am sure Yuneec will take care of you. You did call them right?

They certainly had better! I did call - see reply to other message below. Thanks!

If you put the battery back in and try and power on again (assuming it still works), it should finish writing the video file to the SD card and you may be able to view on your computer.

Battery was in nice and secure on the flight?

Indeed it was, but the force of the crash caused it to pop out a bit..

Its an RF jungle out there! Everything from wifi to the power companies.. In an urban area your rolling the dice to get a clean signal on anything!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval