Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Noob question - Can ST16 record the stream or android screen

I think the only way is to connect another device to the HDMI output and record on that device. Maybe someone has a better solution.

Theoretically you could use an android app to do it... but the android OS on the st16 its faulty to say the least...

Any body know if this is possible? Had H a week. Still new

It is recording. Look in gallery from android home page of tablet. Your ST16 stores stand alone 780 video clips you can view post flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Nesher

Noob question - Can ST16 record the stream or android screen

YES and YES. When you fly and hit the VIDEO record or CAMERA record buttons, the ST16 will record the video stream and/or picture taken. You can review this information immediately by pressing the large Triangle on the bottom right of the ST16, or just go into PAD on the ST16 and then go into GALLERY and all your records are there. Everything is in a 720p or less mode. Obviously the good quality video and/or picture is the video recorded on your CGO3+ camera's micro-SD card.

Reactions: Nesher
Everything seen on, streamed to, or output from the ST-16 is 720p. That was made clear by Yuneec marketing staff during the early days of H advertising. As the Captain mentioned, if you want the good stuff you have to obtain it from the card.

I want to get all the side data... the stuff stored on the st16 automatically does not show side bars and what your doing on screen. Does it when you use HDMI out and the capture? You could use an android app if the version of kitkat being used wasn't so janky. I have tried 10 or more apps now... none of them will actually store the video. Its like root is not functioning properly...

could you elaborate on this?
There are tons of screen recording apps for the android OS... You download them from the playstore. Of course... out of the box the play store is busted on the st16. With a round about you can fix it... but still can't get screen recording apps to function as of yet.

Reactions: Marty Westguard
Yes following this thread. I've flown 3DR Solo in the past with an Android tablet using Az screen recorder. Tried loading this but says not compatible with this device... Anyone know of a work around please? I'd like to record the whole screen with battery info, satellite etc "as you see it" while flying. exactly what "sabrewalt" is asking

Download an install "Amazon Underground apk"
In Amazon underground search for "recordable app"
Download and install "recordable pro (free)"
Follow on screen instructions to activate (free)
Enjoy

Please note - you do this at your own risk

Enjoy

I understand the caveat, have you tried or used this way on your ST16? Looking for experiences from others here to please?

Enjoy

The Amazon Underground site looked promising, but it gave no matches for "recordable".
After backing up the ST16, I tried most of the "screen recorders".
They mostly gave parsing errors, or needed "lollypop" or above.
The only one that started was Mobizen, but it wouldn't run without force installing stuff I didn't want.
11 dead ends so far... Has anyone had any luck installing a screen recorder?
-Bill

Last edited:
No matches for "recordable"
After backing up the ST16, I tried most of the "screen recorders".
They mostly gave parsing errors, or needed "lollypop" or above.
You are responding to a very old thread. The only app that can be installed on the ST16 is UAV Toolbox which has been approved by Yuneec. You cannot safely install any other software. To do so compromises the flight control system which may cause the loss of the aircraft.

Hi All, I think that Typilot has some sort of gear that does all that , and he tells you what it is and where to get it . It's on his videos for CCC , just look up on the looking Glass for Typilot of CCC and I am sure it will come up. I hope that this helps.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass .

You are responding to a very old thread. The only app that can be installed on the ST16 is UAV Toolbox which has been approved by Yuneec. You cannot safely install any other software. To do so compromises the flight control system which may cause the loss of the aircraft.
I see what your saying. I have restored the back-up I made before poking around.
So, my best option seems to be an external HDMI recorder with its own battery.

That method works just fine. Image resolution is limited to the ST-16 recording and screen resolution though, which is 720p.

@Ty Pilot uses an external device to record the ST16 screen for his flights using the HDMI port on the top of the ST16. As mentioned by @PatR it is limited to 720P. The external device is fairly reasonably priced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval