Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Note to self: Don't try to run your batteries down in the backyard..

Reaction score
...Because when you fly too close to your house and clip the siding this can happen!

PXL_20220701_152751667.jpg

Thankfully it just bounced off and didn't crash! First time breaking a prop, won't be my last I'm sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
Landing in a garden is too short for a typhoon, better on a large place.
I could be flying in a 10 acre field, that wouldn't change the fact that I flew a little too close to a building!

You guys might aspire to only capture videos of empty fields and waterways, but I'm hoping to take video and photos of infrastructure. That sometimes means flying near buildings (fascia inspection, for example), underpasses, bridges, statues, etc. Better to learn lessons on my own property than someone else's.

Last edited:
In front of a house my typhoon had not stability. But when i take off, and fly higher the roof the position was in good condition. When landing quickly the typhoon stay ok, but slowly it lost satelite and it turn around the house. Then i repeat and i operate.

In front of a house my typhoon had not stability. But when i take off, and fly higher the roof the position was in good condition. When landing quickly the typhoon stay ok, but slowly it lost satelite and it turn around the house. Then i repeat and i operate.
It could be a GPS problem.

This effect is calling "Multipath" for GPS receivers.
A good explanation is here: Multipath errors in GPS signals

It feels as if the wall is attracting the copter sometimes. I lost one drone while flying inside a ruined castle. In such cases it is much better to fly without GPS support. (switched off GPS).

br HE

Last edited:
This effect is calling "Multipath" for GPS receivers.
A good explanation is here: Multipath errors in GPS signals

It feels as if the wall is attracting the copter sometimes. I lost on drone while flying inside a ruined castle. In such cases it is much better to fly without GPS support. (switched off GPS).

br HE
Thanks a lot, i see pages on the " multipath errors in gps signals " . I'll try to clean the typhoon gps signals, and to update the firmware on the st16. I change of forum page in yuneecpilots. I'm not in the theme GooG6694 sorry.

...Because when you fly too close to your house and clip the siding this can happen!

View attachment 28344

Thankfully it just bounced off and didn't crash! First time breaking a prop, won't be my last I'm sure.
Consider yourself lucky! Ilearned a lot the hard way. Aluminum ladders,travel trailers and wire fences have messed up more than a few drones for me. KC

Reactions: GooG6695
I can launch in my backyard just fine... One of the benefits of living in a smaller, rural town. Large yards, and in our case, an empty park-like area straight out the back gate.

Reactions: Pier2162
Most modern RC lipo chargers also have a discharge function, and often a storage function that balances the cells at a storage voltage.

I really should pull mine out and check them. Partly due to the Rona, I haven't flown it for 18 months 😬

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval