Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ny H Plus?

Reaction score
Hi all. I am new to drone flying and need to learn a lot in regards of setup and flying. I am trying to find my way around the new 16s and am wondering if the controller still has the cruise control function? The reason I want to use the cruise control is for slow flight photography. What is the best setup for this kind of photography.
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
@Mike Irish,

The TH Plus/ST-16S does not have the Cruise Control function on the trim pads like the TH/ST-16 system.

There is an inexpensive alternative called the SteadyDrive that works very well. It is manufactured by @Ty Pilot. You can find it here Typhoon, and there are threads about its use here on the forum.

Reactions: Mike Irish
@Mike Irish,

The TH Plus/ST-16S does not have the Cruise Control function on the trim pads like the TH/ST-16 system.

There is an inexpensive alternative called the SteadyDrive that works very well. It is manufactured by @Ty Pilot. You can find it here Typhoon, and there are threads about its use here on the forum.

Thank you so much for the information and link. It does look good but I feel could lead to a panic situation if you had it locked down.. I was hoping their was a software setup by Yuneec that could be dropped out by hitting a button or moving a stick? You know just like the cruise control in your car.
Regards.
Mike

Thank you so much for the information and link. It does look good but I feel could lead to a panic situation if you had it locked down.. I was hoping their was a software setup by Yuneec that could be dropped out by hitting a button or moving a stick? You know just like the cruise control in your car.
Regards.
Mike
I believe the Steady Drive has adjustable friction so you can still move the stick if you need to.

Reactions: Docdor
I believe the Steady Drive has adjustable friction so you can still move the stick if you need to.
Yes it does have adjustable friction, so it can be set to hold its position or snap back when released, or anywhere in between. And it can always be pulled back with your finger or thumb at any time. It's very easy to dial it into perfection on the fly -pun most definitely intended! :cool:

The Steady Drive is so much better in every way than the Cruise Control on the H480, in fact I would get one if I still had my H480. It is infinitely better for precise and fluid smooth videography and it dramatically increases your possibilities for creative effects. @Ty Pilot's video doesn't even scratch the surface of the possibilities. It might not be for everybody, and not everybody will immediately see the true benefit of it. But for those of us who it clicks with, it's a fantastic tool, one I use with every flight. Once you start to use it you will be wowed and understand what I mean.

I absolutely LOVE mine. In fact I never take it off because I never have a reason to. It took a little getting use to, but I have become so confident using it, I have installed a knob back on the exposed control stick to make easy and accurate changes in speed, and I made a thumb wheel out of a lens cap to put on it to make it super quick and easy to spin in any direction.

SD Mods.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes it does have adjustable friction, so it can be set to hold its position or snap back when released, or anywhere in between. And it can always be pulled back with your finger or thumb at any time. It's very easy to dial it into perfection on the fly -pun most definitely intended! :cool:

The Steady Drive is so much better in every way than the Cruise Control on the H480, in fact I would get one if I still had my H480. It is infinitely better for precise and fluid smooth videography and it dramatically increases your possibilities for creative effects. @Ty Pilot's video doesn't even scratch the surface of the possibilities. It might not be for everybody, and not everybody will immediately see the true benefit of it. But for those of us who it clicks with, it's a fantastic tool, one I use with every flight. Once you start to use it you will be wowed and understand what I mean.

I absolutely LOVE mine. In fact I never take it off because I never have a reason to. It took a little getting use to, but I have become so confident using it, I have installed a knob back on the exposed control stick to make easy and accurate changes in speed, and I made a thumb wheel out of a lens cap to put on it to make it super quick and easy to spin in any direction.

View attachment 19105

Wonce again you have come to the rescue Steve. The addition of the lens cap brings much needed both (quick and fine control) to the Steady drive unit. I could see myself using the Steady cam now but only with your improvement added to it
Kindest regards.
Mike

@DCH,

I love your lens cap mod for the SteadyDrive! That makes the direction changes even easier to control to get that perfectly straight flight path.

Reactions: DCH and Mike Irish
Ye
I love your lens cap mod for the SteadyDrive! That makes the direction changes even easier to control to get that perfectly straight flight path.
Yes it does! And it is fantastic! You never have to look down to find the right spot to grab the Steady Drive, anywhere will do.

Technically it's not a lens cap, it's a camera body cap (for a Nikon). It had all the right dimensions and a handy knurled edge. It was a natural choice, plus I have several laying around.

The goal was to have quick, easy, and full control over the Steady Drive, making it less of an accessory that needs to be removed often -and quickly, to a permanent fixture complete with a control stick knob for accurate and easy pitch input, as well as the ability to cancel it instantly, at least as fast if not faster than you could pull it off in an emergency.

Ye

Yes it does! And it is fantastic! You never have to look down to find the right spot to grab the Steady Drive, anywhere will do.

Technically it's not a lens cap, it's a camera body cap (for a Nikon). It had all the right dimensions and a handy knurled edge. It was a natural choice, plus I have several laying around.

The goal was to have quick, easy, and full control over the Steady Drive, making it less of an accessory that needs to be removed often -and quickly, to a permanent fixture complete with a control stick knob for accurate and easy pitch input, as well as the ability to cancel it instantly, at least as fast if not faster than you could pull it off in an emergency.

Well if you used a Nikon body cap that's good enough for me. I'm only use Nikon since the f5 so
I might have a few spare body caps lying about> :)

Reactions: DCH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal