Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

oblique style survey?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I used my Mavic 2P as a proof of concept for using oblique surveys to get better 3d models, once proven we are now looking at purchasing a h520/e90 combo with a st16 controller, is there any option to do that style survey in the data pilot software? if not any suggestions as a way to add a bit better 3d capability to the drone surveys?

Cheers Jamie

I believe so. H520 +e90 offered such possibility i.e. set the camera at any piych angle one wanted it to fly.
First thing is to set a waypoint and adjust camera pitch and afterwards to add survey. The camera will keep the set pitch while performing the mission.

It is also possible to make two missions at a time e.g. NADIR and oblique.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hey guys,

I used my Mavic 2P as a proof of concept for using oblique surveys to get better 3d models, once proven we are now looking at purchasing a h520/e90 combo with a st16 controller, is there any option to do that style survey in the data pilot software? if not any suggestions as a way to add a bit better 3d capability to the drone surveys?

Cheers Jamie
Hi Jamie. Yes, DataPilot has that ability and actually much more because you have complete control of the camera pitch and yaw as it turns independently. All you have to do is setup your Survey and then add a waypoint before it between the Mission Start and the Survey. In there you can control the speed of the drone the type of camera action (Survey obviously) and the pitch of the camera. In the Survey settings make sure refly at 90 is on.

Last edited:
Yes. Settings box at top right in Data Pilot Planner. In 'Mission start', open 'Camera' and set the gimbal angle. You can plan the flight path, then set the required angle, which will fix the angle for the whole flight. Or you can set individual waypoints and camera angles in the 'Survey' section (three bars).

Attachments

• Screenshot (116).png
    Screenshot (116).png
    2 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: chascoadmin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval