Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

h520 suddenly terminates survey mission and goes to RTH.

Reaction score
Hi,

something is going wrong.
I was flying a survey mission with h520+e90 and suddenly after having say 3/4 of the job done the drone without any apparent reason switched to RTH mode and landed. ST16S indicated that there was still 40% of the power left in the battery. Mission could not have been resumed. The only option I had apart from removing the mission from the drone was to keep it on the bird and commence the survey from the very beginning.
Same thing happend a while ago in a first flight while the second one went without being disrupted.
Have no clue what was going wrong as there was no warning prior to the bird changed the mode to RTH.
ST16S - h520 distance was max. 100-120m, altitude 15m ATO and there was no loss of connection between the RC and drone.

Has anybody have any idea?
I would appreciate your comments.

Br,

Thx.
will st16s log suffice or it must be the one from the drone?
Will you remind me how to get the right one? Otherwise pls. guide me to the right thread on the forum as I'm sure it was already discussed.
Thx, Pawel

No. 800 m was set. And furthermore I was flying perpendicular mission and the first part was already fully performed when it happened app. half way into the second (perpendicular) part. So it was not a safety setting I guess which made h520 fly home.

send me the LOG and UTM files. You find it in ST16S fold "telemetry".
Paolo,

Thanks. I am afraid though that the "Attch files" tool on this forum does not accept sending .tlog and .utm files which I would like to send.

Could you please give me your email? Otherwise let me know how to ship these files via the forum

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Br,
Pawel

Paolo,

Thanks. I am afraid though that the "Attch files" tool on this forum does not accept sending .tlog and .utm files which I would like to send.

Could you please give me your email? Otherwise let me know how to ship these files via the forum

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Br,
Pawel

@Paw,

Try adding a .txt extention to your files before attempting to upload here. Anyone attempting to review them knows to remove the .txt before processing them.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Hi,

thx Jeff.
Hope it works this time.

I will be happy to see results of you reviewing attched files.

Pawel

Attachments

• DroneLogbook-20191015-114134-825.utm.txt
    147.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 2019-10-15 13-27-26.tlog.txt
    10.8 MB · Views: 11
Lost RC at Time 4:21 in the first fly.
Paolo,

Thanks a lot. Does it say that h520 landed or continued mission?
4:21 does not fit to mission plan and its execusion. Total time of the mission was schedulled at app. 12:30 and the drone flew app. 3/4 of it before it went to RTH mode and landed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal