Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Signal from E90 5.8mHz Wifi?

slw74

Part 107 certificate
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi folks. I've been working on my photo surveys and have enjoyed some great input from many of you. During several (1 battery) surveys at 200 ft. AGL, I have experienced several instances of freezing of the DataPilot, but in each case the H520 completed the survey. I have been able to re-initiate the Data Pilot during the flight and have tracking and picture restored. At the end of two of the flights (both from the same .plan with good VLOS at less than 400 m), I lost connection with the drone which then successfully executed a RTL. When I needed to make an adjustment in the landing, the controls responded appropriately. In checking on the E90 5.8 mHz Wifi, the best signal I get with the ST-16S right beside the H520 is -49db. Checking with my Wifi signal laptop app I get the same signal strength. The ST-16S indicates the connection signal is excellent. Is this a typical signal for the E90 5.8 mHz? Should I be concerned that this is lower than typical and could be contributing to my lost connections? any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, is there any option to get the DataPilot beta version in hopes it's more stable?

Thanks,
Stephen

The first thing I would do would be do the same tests in another area and rule out interference for whatever reason in that area.

I have seen other comments regarding this issue. Rather than use a beta version it might be better to downgrade to a previous version.

What are the steps to go to an earlier version? Where could I find the files? Would I need to go to earlier firmware on ST-16S and H520? Have you used the Android version of Pix4DCapture on the H520?
Thanks,

What are the steps to go to an earlier version? Where could I find the files? Would I need to go to earlier firmware on ST-16S and H520? Have you used the Android version of Pix4DCapture on the H520?
Thanks,
I'm not sure I have seen any description that is concise and complete. There are a few posts in the forum about downgrading. This is one I found:

Thanks,
Yes you it would be safer to down grade the 520 and the st16 to the same compatible updates. To my knowledge pix4d Capote hasn't changed in quite a while

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430