Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Of Batteries and the Typhoon H

6500 mAh battery.
135 x 44 x 29
11.1v 30C
Brand ZOP Power
from banggood.com
Weight not sure but less than OEM Yuneec battery.

Best of luck.

Chroma Pilot,

The Chroma uses a 3S battery, the Typhoon H uses a 4S battery. So your sample won’t work for an H.

But there is good news. The process that will be used for the Typhoon H is also applicable to the Chroma. The first battery case I split to experiment with was a Chroma battery and although it’s a 3S the manner in which it is assembled is pretty much identical with a Typhoon H, but with less wires and battery cells. The reason I started with a Chroma battery is because I gave my Chroma to my grandkids and those batteries can’t be found either.

So hang tight and wait for the battery adaptation thread. You might find it useful.

Great Idea Pat, look forward to your solution. For those of us in the Plus boat, this is step one in cutting away from the overpriced LiHV debacle.

And for those that have not used LiPo's in their Plus, they do work just fine and in fact; I suspect if we could get the battery warning voltage changed to be the same as in a Typhoon H, we would find that there is little difference in flight times between the two different Typhoon Packs. The only difference is the LiHV's start out, and finish, at a higher voltage. When you fly a standard Typhoon H pack down to first battery warning on a Plus you will see it is only at storage level. On a Typhoon H battery there is a good three or four minutes left.

Changed my mind. I’m only going to demonstrate the right way to change things, and present an option or two for people to do it differently based on their skill level.

Phaedrus and a few others already know the right way.

TyPilot,

Looking around HobbyKing I see LiHv batteries available at decent pricing but the capacities are lower than I hoped for.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I eventually made my own adapter, yuneec battery to normal balance charge connector similar to others, have jet to upload the progress, Not easy. had main problem, getting mini plugs. Going to pull a battery pack apart. Just to see what is in there.

Sorry but I always do it. I like to know.

Is this the same Hobbling?
I'd like to add Gensace&tattu to this crowd. I bought two Ultra X 6300mah for my H480. They arrived at storage voltage and for chits and giggles I decided to check the IR on both batteries. Sure enough, there were two cells in each battery that had >10 IR readings. Both were built 03-02-2019 according to the sticker. I contacted the seller (gensace&tattu) and got nothing but the run around. Send pictures, I did. Charge at 1/2 the C rating. I did. Nothing changed so I let them know. Haven't heard from them sense. Guess I'm gonna have to build my own.?

Last edited:
For longer flight times I would not mind it sticking out the back as long as it can be secured more than the original. I use velcro on my Helicopters.
Velcro is good but a modified (very) bra ex my wife?, just the stretchy bit at the back with those little clips, scissors and super gloo is my 2nd battery safety clip ?

Is this the same Hobbling?

Probably is. Although HobbyKing is a cut throat hobby distributor, unlike sites like Bangood and Alibaba you have a shot at returning a product for a refund. You'll have to fight for it and file PayPal disputes but if you don't back down things eventually get handled. With the others there's almost no chance at all.

None of the "China direct" hobby distributors are what i would call upstanding, customer driven outfits. Most of what they sell are products that are one or more iterations off from designs copied (stolen) from the companies that originally developed them. All of the China hobby outfits will do pretty much anything to steal business from everyone else. It's the way they've done business for the past 20 years and since everybody buys from them they have no reason to change. They take the meaning of buy cheap, sell dear to a new level.

In my battery research I've gone to companies most of you would never consider. The better battery makers charge more, a lot more, for their products and most in the general RC forums are not willing to pay their prices. I've left products from Max Amps and Thunderpower off the selection list simply because of pricing. How many of you would pay $250.00 for a 6500mA 4S, 15C battery? OTOH, I've left most everything from Amazon off the selection list as well even though many are pretty cheap. Most have no history and product quality is dubious at best. None of the multirotor companies are providing us the best quality batteries. They are selling us whatever they can obtain cheaply in bulk and stuffing them into cases that lock us into buying only their stuff over and over again. For them it's another "profit center" that helps keep the cash coming in after the initial order furor of new product releases wears off. It's the same reason they all use different prop mount designs. It keeps customers coming back for spare parts that cost them more than they would pay for common mount products. It's not a lot of money but for them it's continuous money.

That's part of what I was driving at in the first post. The quest for a replacement battery is not as easy as it might appear and many simply don't understand what they are dealing with. For most the decision comes down to only two things, price and flight time. For them (which constitutes the majority of consumer drone owners) nothing else matters but I can't approach it that way and still sleep at night. It's for that reason my mission is to show people how to perform the adaptation. Where they obtain them and which battery they buy will be up to them.

Velcro is good but a modified (very) bra ex my wife?, just the stretchy bit at the back with those little clips, scissors and super gloo is my 2nd battery safety clip ?
I meant to add, because my Chroma is in the hanger awaiting a new ST10+ from a friend in the UK (I hope), Using Solidworks I copied a battery case and had it 3D printed, I hope to do the same for the H. Xacto knives and me don',t mix real well?

After a lot of searching and consideration, a choice of batteries for the adaptation process has been made. I don't have a clue how long the battery will be available or how many locations it can be sourced. I went with a U.S. distributor just to make things easier if a problem arose. There's also the fact the battery maker's U.S. corporate office is only 60 miles or so away from me. The capacity is sort of "middle of the road" and only slightly longer than a stock battery. Battery weight is within less than an ounce of stock. The extra length is something I believe to be a good thing, which I'll delve into in the adaptation thread.

TATTU 6000mAh 4s 35c Lipo Battery (XT60)

I was kind of hoping they had the 7000mA packs in stock that I've used for another aircraft but that is unfortunately not the case right now but I got on the notification list for if and when they come back in stock. Something else unfortunate is that it seems just about every U.S. internet sales outlet is now charging California sales tax.... As the battery price with tax is kind of high I chose the free ground shipping so I don't expect to see the battery for 6-10 days. We'll start the adaptation thread before that with aircraft disassembly and a few other things.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrokenSausage
So My new cable connector gave different resuls, depending on if I used an old balance checker. or the one I have have just won at my flying club. DUH!

might be the new one is faulty, will have to do more checks.

BUT

thought that I would split the battery.

Duh!, I like to know how things are put together.

Found the best way to split the pack.

I have used a chisel point modeling knife. Push in at the joint.
Sometimes you hear a click as it splits,

I then put a snap off blade unit into the gap, could use anything.
Then you could leave the snapoff in position. make sure that the knife/snapoff is above surface.
The weight of the knife, is enough to increase the gap between the sections.
Takes time, but it split by it self.

Nice thing about tossing the case; you can make use of any battery that will fit, which is the premise on which the battery adapter concept is based.

In fact, all my wandering about battery selection above is irrelevant to making an adapter as each can obtain any battery of their choosing. As I’ve come across at least 15 that would fit there’s no shortage of selection, only the amount of flight time each might allow. Of course batteries too long or heavy could provide a negative impact to flight time or stability.

Ultimately, the greatest decision to be faced in making an adapter is whether or not people wish to continue using a Yuneec battery or Yuneec power plug. That decision may be based upon having a few functional Yuneec or other batteries that employ the Yuneec connector. If they want to continue using them they will have to retain the Yuneec plugs. If not they can dispense with them. Those that retain the Yuneec plugs can go back later and change the arrangement to dispose of Yuneec plugs after their supply of Yuneec batteries dies off.

So My new cable connector gave different resuls, depending on if I used an old balance checker. or the one I have have just won at my flying club. DUH!

might be the new one is faulty, will have to do more checks.

BUT

thought that I would split the battery.

Duh!, I like to know how things are put together.

Found the best way to split the pack.

I have used a chisel point modeling knife. Push in at the joint.
Sometimes you hear a click as it splits,

I then put a snap off blade unit into the gap, could use anything.
Then you could leave the snapoff in position. make sure that the knife/snapoff is above surface.
The weight of the knife, is enough to increase the gap between the sections.
Takes time, but it split by it self.
So, have you built a battery using the case?

Well after buying the last battery from Yuneec uk they have removed the item from there website. So perhaps the modifications will now be necessary.

Gonna try that ebay adapter and the battery PatR suggested. I'll post back the findings.

Reactions: Adamg1180
Well after buying the last battery from Yuneec uk they have removed the item from there website. So perhaps the modifications will now be necessary.
I ordered a battery from Jessops on the 11th June after speaking with one of their sales people. She said they were currently out of stock but were expecting a re-supply in ten working days...so I ordered one on line. That was 11th June. Now it's 22nd June so that 10 working days has yet to come to an end.

Just checked the web page and it is saying 'delivery usually in 10 working days' so nothing seems to have changed. looks like they are still taking orders and will fulfill those orders when stock arrives.
Web page here: Yuneec Batteries and Power Drone Accessories - Jessops

I ordered a battery from Jessops on the 11th June after speaking with one of their sales people. She said they were currently out of stock but were expecting a re-supply in ten working days...so I ordered one on line. That was 11th June. Now it's 22nd June so that 10 working days has yet to come to an end.

Just checked the web page and it is saying 'delivery usually in 10 working days' so nothing seems to have changed. looks like they are still taking orders and will fulfill those orders when stock arrives.
Web page here: Yuneec Batteries and Power Drone Accessories - Jessops
I got a CG 03+ camera from them on special, £149.99. The batteries were £59 like curry's but sold out now at that special.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval