Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ok I'm lost,,, Firmware zip password?

Reaction score
Didn't need this for the last update and now even the tx file is password protected? Looked around and still lost.. Any help?,,, Thanks

Kevin if there is a zip password it would be1234567890, or your password for your puter..

LOL,,, ok,,,, So I never did find an answer,, Just noticed the file name was .yuneec on the video and renamed? Why is there no info on this?

Yuneec eccentricities my guess.

You shouldn't need to extract any files, or unzip them. Just copy them to an SD card and insert them in the camera/ST-16 depending on what you're upgrading.

Reactions: PatR
That's correct, you do not unzip the files when updating. Install the zipped file on the SD card and upload to the device.

ok,,, here's what I had to do... The st16 did not recognize the zip file. I had to rename the file to .yuneec for the st16.. The file for the H had to be renamed to .bin ... Both files downloaded as .zip and could not be extracted and were not recognized so the drag and drop doesn't work if this is the case for some it looks like.

Out of interest, what browser/operating system are you using? On Windows 7/Chrome they download with the correct file extensions.

They should not be ZIP files. They are BIN files. Rename the extension to BIN instead of ZIP and just transfer the files to the micro SD card and put the card in the camera.
Some browsers rename BIN files to ZIP when they download.

I had the same problem when I updated. I had to rename the H file from .zip to .bin and ST16 file from .zip to .yuneec. Updated like a champ then. Had not read that anywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval