Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

OMG What Next

Reaction score
the other day I went in the backyard where I usually go to launch my drone.
it took close to 5 minutes to obtain satellites.

once we did obtain satellites 10 seconds went by get lost the satellites it went back to acquiring.

finally nit got the satellites back before I launched it it said motor error, land now.
huh. never even left the ground.

so I pressed the button on the Drone to shut it down it would not power down.

I tried to shut it down two more times finally I ended up pulling the battery out of it power it down.
Go figure..

Keith Kuhn

Eventually I got one slide in without any problems so I have no clue what was happening.

Not sure Keith. After reading the thread about the Typhoon H GPS battery going dead after being in storage, I pulled mine out the other day, fired it up, and let it sit connected to the ST16 for about an hour on consecutive days, just to refresh the GPS battery. Whenever mine doesn't seem right after booting up, I just power it off, in your case pulled the battery, let it sit a few then try again. I have a pretty good feel now for when something doesn't seem quite right after bootup. I also do this whenever I'm going through the waiting period to acquire satellites and notice the altimeter drifting way off from where it should be, etc. I believe the waiting period serves several purposes, GPS update, temp, and humidity acclimation after having been in the case, altimeter drift, and time to get a bead on how the craft feels.

Rebooting always resets the altimeter.

I kind of think of this as a failed boot of a PC that requires a reboot. After all, these drones are basically flying computers.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Not sure Keith. After reading the thread about the Typhoon H GPS battery going dead after being in storage, I pulled mine out the other day, fired it up, and let it sit connected to the ST16 for about an hour on consecutive days, just to refresh the GPS battery. Whenever mine doesn't seem right after booting up, I just power it off, in your case pulled the battery, let it sit a few then try again. I have a pretty good feel now for when something doesn't seem quite right after bootup. I also do this whenever I'm going through the waiting period to acquire satellites and notice the altimeter drifting way off from where it should be, etc. I believe the waiting period serves several purposes, GPS update, temp, and humidity acclimation after having been in the case, altimeter drift, and time to get a bead on how the craft feels.

Rebooting always resets the altimeter.

I kind of think of this as a failed boot of a PC that requires a reboot. After all, these drones are basically flying computers.

You are absolutely right flying
computers. Every time
We go for a new flight we never know what will happen.
But when I pressed the button to to power it down and it would not shut off, I thought
wow..
Anyway I am going to keep an eye on it.
Keith Kuhn

You are absolutely right flying
computers. Every time
We go for a new flight we never know what will happen.
But when I pressed the button to to power it down and it would not shut off, I thought
wow..
Anyway I am going to keep an eye on it.
Keith Kuhn

One thing I’ve noticed with my H’s and H pluses....they are quirky little beasts. Almost all my experienced weird behaviour (usually one or twice a month) comes with the magnetic interference warning.

Not sure what it is but the magnetic interference wreaks havoc on everything. It’s also weird that the mag warning will sometimes come up in a place I’ve flown 10 times before without issue. It’s just one of the things we live with flying computers.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
One thing I’ve noticed with my H’s and H pluses....they are quirky little beasts. Almost all my experienced weird behaviour (usually one or twice a month) comes with the magnetic interference warning.

Not sure what it is but the magnetic interference wreaks havoc on everything. It’s also weird that the mag warning will sometimes come up in a place I’ve flown 10 times before without issue. It’s just one of the things we live with flying computers.

Does your H or H+ actually say magnetic warning or is it some other type of warning message that comes up ?

One thing I have learned is to not launch around or near
Transformers wires or even metal in the ground perhaps rebar I'm not sure.

Grassy areas always seem to be that best areas.
Keith

I forgot the name of the warning but think it's the magnetic warning telling you to move away from an area. And yes, transformers and the typhoon do not mix at all. I've launched twice near electrical box/ transformers (not realizing it at first) and I had difficulty landing, drone wouldn't come down both times, had to fly away 100 feet from it before it×would descend.
Does your H or H+ actually say magnetic warning or is it some other type of warning message that comes up ?

One thing I have learned is to not launch around or near
Transformers wires or even metal in the ground perhaps rebar I'm not sure.

Grassy areas always seem to be that best areas.
Keith

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I forgot the name of the warning but think it's the magnetic warning telling you to move away from an area. And yes, transformers and the typhoon do not mix at all. I've launched twice near electrical box/ transformers (not realizing it at first) and I had difficulty landing, drone wouldn't come down both times, had to fly away 100 feet from it before it×would descend.

On my typhoon H 480 I do not have everything that says magnetic warning.

If I recall right my drone would not start when it was by certain telephone poles with Transformers on it.
Keith

Another possibility, based on experience unfortunately, is that your drone’s mother board may be getting ready to call it quits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox