Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Once a bad firmware has been installed.......

Reaction score
......has anyone's H recovered? I had thought I was one of the lucky ones. I'd read about "toilet bowling", compass errors etc., but, never had any problems, until after the latest firmware. Now I have pretty much all of those problems. I've yet to see anyone post that they've recovered from the latest firmware "flu". I don't really want to fly it, because I'm not very confident in its stability/reliability. If you have recovered, please post, along with the solution that worked for you.

I've re calibrated the compass and the accelerometer to no effect. One of the big things they could implement would be, to somehow allow you to revert to previous firmware, or some kind of "recovery" option. (if possible)

......has anyone's H recovered? I had thought I was one of the lucky ones. I'd read about "toilet bowling", compass errors etc., but, never had any problems, until after the latest firmware. Now I have pretty much all of those problems. I've yet to see anyone post that they've recovered from the latest firmware "flu". I don't really want to fly it, because I'm not very confident in its stability/reliability. If you have recovered, please post, along with the solution that worked for you.

I've re calibrated the compass and the accelerometer to no effect. One of the big things they could implement would be, to somehow allow you to revert to previous firmware, or some kind of "recovery" option. (if possible)
You can only update the firmware with a newer version. You can't reinstall it nor can you revert to a previous version. I suspect part of the reason would be because the updates generally come in pairs for the H and the ST16. Both have to be updated and therefore both would have to be downgraded. Have you talked to Yuneec about your problems? They are the only real solution at this point.

You can only update the firmware with a newer version. You can't reinstall it nor can you revert to a previous version. I suspect part of the reason would be because the updates generally come in pairs for the H and the ST16. Both have to be updated and therefore both would have to be downgraded. Have you talked to Yuneec about your problems? They are the only real solution at this point.

Actually Yuneec CS recommended that I reinstall the Sep. 13th firmware for my problems. I did this weekend and it seems to have fixed my H. Fingers crossed....

I have the latest firmware and have none of those problems… I fly in Angle mode all the time and don't use any of the autopilot settings. I recalibrated the compass and accelerometer. I DO fly very nervous nowadays after all these reports. I added/modified antennas on the H and ST16. Yesterday, I lost telemetry several times but it came back and I always had control of the bird. I have a second H, updated the firmware, but only flew once since the update --- Probably should see if I have problems with that one. I am waiting for a more stable firmware before I take too many risks.

Actually Yuneec CS recommended that I reinstall the Sep. 13th firmware for my problems. I did this weekend and it seems to have fixed my H. Fingers crossed....
There is an update after sept 13th?

Bill W.

No i haven't. What did it fix?

Bill W.
Hey
After my first attempt to update firmware on both H an St-16 the
Gimbal and sticks was not working well. So i was thinking of returning it.
But as this is an android device, so i just did a factory reset (like phones) and it has been a dream machine since. Only poor flight time.

Hey
After my first attempt to update firmware on both H an St-16 the
Gimbal and sticks was not working well. So i was thinking of returning it.
But as this is an android device, so i just did a factory reset (like phones) and it has been a dream machine since. Only poor flight time.
What was the issue with the gimbal? Here is my issue that occurs sometimes even after calibrating the gimbal more than once.

All im doing is turn the aircraft with the left stick and you see what happens with the horizon.

Bill W.

Hi
My gimbal was tilting and not got it to calibrate in level.
Commenting factory reset anyway, as a insurance to healthy machine.
Because files can be corrupted under upgrading, and factory reset renew
base files with right values for this version of software.
:)

Hey Steve, I was walked thru a re-install last week by Yuneec CS for my ST16 issue, so you can do it, it wont hurt :)

Looks like this fixed my issues. I'm still probably over cautious, but, I was use to absolutely rock stable flights, and when things got a little crazy, well.........

Hey Steve, I was walked thru a re-install last week by Yuneec CS for my ST16 issue, so you can do it, it wont hurt :)
Previously Yuneec was telling callers the only way to reinstall was to return the product to them. This is good news. Did either of you have any special instructions on the method of reinstalling? It would be helpful to share those methods.

Previously Yuneec was telling callers the only way to reinstall was to return the product to them. This is good news. Did either of you have any special instructions on the method of reinstalling? It would be helpful to share those methods.

I just reinstalled like normal , but I was only working on the ST16 as i mentioned.

regards

and sorry for falling off the roof ---

I just reinstalled like normal , but I was only working on the ST16 as i mentioned.

regards

and sorry for falling off the roof ---
I wonder if the install failed when you did it the first time. Others have reported when trying to reinstall, the ST16 simply says an update file was not found.

I wonder if the install failed when you did it the first time. Others have reported when trying to reinstall, the ST16 simply says an update file was not found.
No a reinstall did NOT fix the issue -- I had to go into the secret menu :) and do a hardware re-calibration! My Install did not fail -- The ST16 was all out of wack!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval