Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

One Bad Apple

Reaction score
Well gentlemen we can possibly expect some kind of FAA changes coming; all because some idiot flew their drone within 200ft of an aircraft out in California, and could have downed the aircraft. The news did not sound to friendly about drone owners, and suggested that the FAA need to stiffen the regulations even more against drone owners. Sometimes you just can't fix STUPID!!!!!!!!

Here's the link to the story

Drone Nearly Collides With Plane Landing at LAX

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
Well gentlemen we can possibly expect some kind of FAA changes coming; all because some idiot flew their drone within 200ft of an aircraft out in California, and could have downed the aircraft. The news did not sound to friendly about drone owners, and suggested that the FAA need to stiffen the regulations even more against drone owners. Sometimes you just can't fix STUPID!!!!!!!!

Here's the link to the story

Drone Nearly Collides With Plane Landing at LAX
hi
yes , add another idiot to the list , they will never learn and what's worst it only hurt's us the hobbyist who abide by the rules and just want to fly and have fun with with our Q 500 and other quads .
fly safe

hi
yes , add another idiot to the list , they will never learn and what's worst it only hurt's us the hobbyist who abide by the rules and just want to fly and have fun with with our Q 500 and other quads .
fly safe
There's been many other close calls, and I'm afraid that the worst case scenario is bound to happen......then what.

hi
then what , what's next , we can pack up our quads and through our batteries away because we wont have any place to fly .
fly safe
If a drone can bring down a plane what's the difference between a drone and a heat seeking missile........nothing they both can down a aircraft.

A jet engine can ingest a frozen chicken and keep running. I think it can handle a 4# plastic quad.

Stop drinking the media koolaid - unless you the term "take down" loosely, as in "forced to return to airport to check for damage.

That's not all the media hypes about. Agree 100% This "drone" thing too, will pass.

That's not all the media hypes about. Agree 100% This "drone" thing too, will pass.

I hope when it passes we will still have places to fly. It's scary how paranoid some folks are of "drones" that know absolutely nothing about them.

There's been many other close calls, and I'm afraid that the worst case scenario is bound to happen......then what.
It's coming -- for sure. And the predictable outcome in populated regions will be something like the rules governing target shooting. E.g., drive five miles to a commercial range.

More and more I envy you guys who live in the wide open spaces where you need to drive a couple of miles to the grocery store. The advantages are becoming prominent.

A jet engine can ingest a frozen chicken and keep running. I think it can handle a 4# plastic quad.

Stop drinking the media koolaid - unless you the term "take down" loosely, as in "forced to return to airport to check for damage.
One occurrence of which is sufficient to subject most of us to repressive FAA regulations.

It presently is comparative party time. Pretty soon in most parts of the Country drone pilots will be in a position similar to that of recreational shooters, shackled by enough repressive regulations to take the fun out of the hobby.

Reactions: Rob
Hmmm Amazon.
Don't they, of necessity, plan on flying outside visual range?
How are they going to swing that?
Have hordes of professional pilots sitting in little cubicles or is all this to be automated?
Shades of Genysis!

I hope when it passes we will still have places to fly. It's scary how paranoid some folks are of "drones" that know absolutely nothing about them.
The general public was introduced to the concept of drones as an insidiously secretive weapon that quietly sneaks up on its victims and violently kills them. So the very word "drone" imparts a dark image at a subliminal level in the minds of those who know nothing more about the technology.

The effect is similar to the anti-gun orientation. I've observed over the years that the majority of extreme gun control advocates know nothing about guns and therefore are afraid of them.

The deepest fear is fear of the unknown.

Reactions: Sticks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval