Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

One more thing to do before flight....

Reaction score
Recently, I had a problem with my T-H making a continuous sound without touching any control. The sound is like what we hear when we move the right hand joy stick out of neutral. It will stay on until we let go of the stick. But in this case, I hadn't touched the stick and all of a sudden it began to make the sound.

With both the St 16 & the T-H powered up, I selected the System Settings and tapped OK. The sound stopped because I had gone out of the Flight Mode Screen. I then tapped the Hardware Monitor feature and saw the display of all the control levers and switches. All were ok, except the J1 & J3 indications. J1 showed 100% on, and J3 showed just the opposite. I've added a screenshot so you can see what I saw. Nothing I could do would make the settings go back to zero.

Consequently, I decided to start the motors, but when I did, the T-H tried to FLY! Fortunately, it went away from me, flew horizontally across the room and hit our TV cabinet with glass doors. The door wasn't damaged, but two of the props were destroyed! I called Yuneec the next day and we went thru a series of tests and calibrations and that corrected the J1 & J3 indications and the sound stopped, but we could not get the camera to bind to the T-H. So I sent it in for repair. I now have it back home and flew it yesterday without any other problems. And the landing gear now operates as well. That was another problem a few weeks ago.

So my point is, before you fly, check the Hardware Monitor to make sure all is in neutral and moves in the correct direction when moving all the controls. I hope this is a rare event, but you never know when it's going to bite you! Fly safe!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-31-22-00-17.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-31-22-00-17.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 67
Unfortunately, that was my bad! In the past, I have started the motors without props installed, but if I slightly advance the throttle stick, my T-H would start sounding off some noise and other unknown sounds while the controller was vibrating and telling me to land immediately, even though it was sitting on the floor! I had to kill power on the T-H by pressing the power button.

I also saw a message on the controller screen saying something about a prop failure and now in the 5 motor mode.

So this time, I thought if the props were installed, it wouldn't give me the warning to land, especially since it would have been in idle condition. But, as you see in my picture, the J1 showed 100% and J3 showed negative 100%. You can be sure I won't try that again! But, we learn by our mistakes......

I had the same issue (with props off) when I was altering the ST-16 channels and fooling with curves. I mistakenly assigned the wrong channel to one of the stick controls.
Make sure you haven't done that. I had to reset all the channels to default. Just a thought.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Recently, I had a problem with my T-H making a continuous sound without touching any control. The sound is like what we hear when we move the right hand joy stick out of neutral. It will stay on until we let go of the stick. But in this case, I hadn't touched the stick and all of a sudden it began to make the sound.

With both the St 16 & the T-H powered up, I selected the System Settings and tapped OK. The sound stopped because I had gone out of the Flight Mode Screen. I then tapped the Hardware Monitor feature and saw the display of all the control levers and switches. All were ok, except the J1 & J3 indications. J1 showed 100% on, and J3 showed just the opposite. I've added a screenshot so you can see what I saw. Nothing I could do would make the settings go back to zero.

Consequently, I decided to start the motors, but when I did, the T-H tried to FLY! Fortunately, it went away from me, flew horizontally across the room and hit our TV cabinet with glass doors. The door wasn't damaged, but two of the props were destroyed! I called Yuneec the next day and we went thru a series of tests and calibrations and that corrected the J1 & J3 indications and the sound stopped, but we could not get the camera to bind to the T-H. So I sent it in for repair. I now have it back home and flew it yesterday without any other problems. And the landing gear now operates as well. That was another problem a few weeks ago.

So my point is, before you fly, check the Hardware Monitor to make sure all is in neutral and moves in the correct direction when moving all the controls. I hope this is a rare event, but you never know when it's going to bite you! Fly safe!

Yep Im reminded automatically -- LOL Its right in my face

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
I had the same issue (with props off) when I was altering the ST-16 channels and fooling with curves. I mistakenly assigned the wrong channel to one of the stick controls.
Make sure you haven't done that. I had to reset all the channels to default. Just a thought.

I still have no idea what caused the J1 & J3 to be stuck in those positions. But when I talked with a Tech at Yuneec, he guided me thru the steps in that secret hidden page in the controller. That did calibrations on everything and when we finished the sound was gone and the Hardware Monitor showed J1 & J3 in neutral where they should always be unless you move the sticks.

The Typhoon H seems to be much more complicated with all the features it has, but I really love it anyway. My Phantom 1 flew just fine, but then I only had a Go Pro and no gimbal for it. It sure makes a difference in how smooth the videos turn out with the T-H!

I've looked in that section, but only looked. It seems fairly complicated to mess with for now. I just wish there was a setting to turn off the RAIN! :)

I still have no idea what caused the J1 & J3 to be stuck in those positions. But when I talked with a Tech at Yuneec, he guided me thru the steps in that secret hidden page in the controller. That did calibrations on everything and when we finished the sound was gone and the Hardware Monitor showed J1 & J3 in neutral where they should always be unless you move the sticks.

The Typhoon H seems to be much more complicated with all the features it has, but I really love it anyway. My Phantom 1 flew just fine, but then I only had a Go Pro and no gimbal for it. It sure makes a difference in how smooth the videos turn out with the T-H!

The calibration menu is something you need to learn and USE, you want to check before every flight (the hardware Monitor and if you have any issues, you need to re-calibrate thru the (calibration menu) before you try and fly !

The calibration menu is something you need to learn and USE, you want to check before every flight (the hardware Monitor and if you have any issues, you need to re-calibrate thru the (calibration menu) before you try and fly !

I agree 100 percent! Make sure you do all the steps, too! Plus make sure the two sliders (K2 & K3) are centered before starting the first seven red squares. Then click next and do all the rest of the steps.

I think I'll have to get my label maker out and start printing a few of my own reminders! I've got plenty of label tapes!
I've purchased the sticker kit and got black and white label tape and put numerous labels on my ST 16. Between flight and camera settings, there are a lot of parameters to double check before take off.

Reactions: Brian Mackey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop