Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

One of my batteries went Tango Uniform

Good plan. Here's a good read on batteries as well: A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries
I'm a hardware/software hacker from way back, and built/broken a lot of flying things. Generally I don't think twice about whipping out he pliers, hacksaw & soldering iron. Sometimes it even turns out well!

This is a really cool hobby (sport, business, whatever), and there's a lot to learn on many levels.

Have fun!

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Good plan. Here's a good read on batteries as well: A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries
I'm a hardware/software hacker from way back, and built/broken a lot of flying things. Generally I don't think twice about whipping out he pliers, hacksaw & soldering iron. Sometimes it even turns out well!

This is a really cool hobby (sport, business, whatever), and there's a lot to learn on many levels.

Have fun!

Thanks great link. Has me thinking it would be cool to rig up something to use the old battery as a "Caddy" for several LiPo's? Use the Yuneec Connector and hollow battery shell and wire something like an XT60 Connector to it and the Battery Pack. (See Photos Below)

Disclaimer: Doing the kind of $#!+ is probably going to void Yuneec's Warranty on the Breeze, so proceed at your own risk. The potential risk for damaging the Breeze by doing this can be minimized, but will not be ZERO.

BattPack.jpg IMG_4753.JPG

Thanks great link. Has me thinking it would be cool to rig up something to use the old battery as a "Caddy" for several LiPo's? Use the Yuneec Connector and hollow battery shell and wire something like an XT60 Connector to it and the Battery Pack. (See Photos Below)

Disclaimer: Doing the kind of $#!+ is probably going to void Yuneec's Warranty on the Breeze, so proceed at your own risk. The potential risk for damaging the Breeze by doing this can be minimized, but will not be ZERO.

View attachment 5268 View attachment 5269

Seems like that'd work. You'd have to be sure that the packs you use will fit securely (obviously) and hopefully have the same/higher capacity.

And yes, Yuneec would probably have warranty issues with the whole scheme ;-)

Theoretically this should fit It's a bit heavier than the stock battery pack which weighed in at 80g
$14.99 Amazon Prime Shipping so the price is good.
Ground shipping I assume because it's a LiPo.
I measured both the stock battery and the Yuneec "Shell" that I would put this into.
I would use a balance charger to charge this and then connect the Yuneec Plug direct to test it.
Polarity being THE key issue there.
Any comments before I test this out?

Amazon.com: Crazepony Kudian 1300mAh Lipo Battery Pack 3S 11.1V 25C for RC FPV Drone Car Boat etc: Toys & Games

Battery Pack.jpg

Attachments

• Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 18
  • Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    988 KB · Views: 19
Theoretically this should fit It's a bit heavier than the stock battery pack which weighed in at 80g
$14.99 Amazon Prime Shipping so the price is good.
Ground shipping I assume because it's a LiPo.
I measured both the stock battery and the Yuneec "Shell" that I would put this into.
I would use a balance charger to charge this and then connect the Yuneec Plug direct to test it.
Polarity being THE key issue there.
Any comments before I test this out?

Amazon.com: Crazepony Kudian 1300mAh Lipo Battery Pack 3S 11.1V 25C for RC FPV Drone Car Boat etc: Toys & Games

View attachment 5276

Well, at 15 bucks a copy it'd be no great loss if it doesn't work. Only thing that jumps out at me is the 37% increase in weight.
As long as you're using a third-party charger anyway, why not just make an adapter with the Breeze connector on one end and a male XT60 on the other? That way you can dump the Breeze battery case and use any battery you want (as long as it fits). You'd need to strap it in, but...

fusion-2.jpg

Well, at 15 bucks a copy it'd be no great loss if it doesn't work. Only thing that jumps out at me is the 37% increase in weight.
As long as you're using a third-party charger anyway, why not just make an adapter with the Breeze connector on one end and a male XT60 on the other? That way you can dump the Breeze battery case and use any battery you want (as long as it fits). You'd need to strap it in, but...

I think I'll first give it a go in the old Yuneec Battery Case first. The connection point is pretty far inside the Breeze due to the design of the whole thing. If it works ok, I may do the XT60 connectors and buy more LiPo's?

As far as weight goes, I could add a 1 ounce (28g) weight to it and fly it with my good battery and see how she handles.

"It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five-ounce bird could not carry a one-pound coconut!
In order to maintain air-speed velocity...
" oh wait, I was digressing. :)

Darn Physics always messes with this stuff. Increased weight will require increased power to carry said weight, which may cancel out any gain from the 150mAh?

I guess we'll find out!?

Reactions: threewulfmoon
Domenic from YouTube actually flew his with a GoPro attached. Would that be heavier than the new battery you're considering? I'll likely order a battery myself and try it. I'm glad we've got some smarty pants around here!

All about the quest for enlightenment... Or maybe just to stave off boredom in the winter...

I was thinking some kind of looooong hemostats (maybe a forked stick) or something to push the original connector into place. Only have to do it once.

In that case, my GoPro Hero4 Silver weighs 84g, so I will be around 54g lighter than Domenic's bird with a tad more power.

All about the quest for enlightenment... Or maybe just to stave off boredom in the winter...

I was thinking some kind of looooong hemostats (maybe a forked stick) or something to push the original connector into place. Only have to do it once.

My hemostats aren't that long and are purposed for "other" uses but I could see where that could work. :D

Some years ago I did some rc helicopter flying. I had a lot 3S LiPos from different manufacturers. Believe me there is a huge different in good (mostly expensive) and poor (cheap) quality. The best I've ever had were from Kokam. Longest flighttime, fast charge and a lot of charging cycles. And no I`m not from Kokam ;-)

Joe

Some years ago I did some rc helicopter flying. I had a lot 3S LiPos from different manufacturers. Believe me there is a huge different in good (mostly expensive) and poor (cheap) quality. The best I've ever had were from Kokam. Longest flighttime, fast charge and a lot of charging cycles. And no I`m not from Kokam ;-)

Joe

I completely agree. I'd rather spend a few (or more) extra bucks on a brand I know. With some of today's manufacturing standards, you just don't know what you're going to get.
That being said, If I'm doing an experiment or building a prototype and need a particular physical size of battery that I don't have I'll sometimes buy a cheap throw-away and use it until I've got the system dialed in.

Joe

I totally agree Joe. Unfortunately it appears that Yuneec took the "lowest bidder" approach here as I have seen more than a few posts about batteries going bad with the Breeze here, on Amazon and other forums. If you're going to make a Proprietary Battery and sell it for $50+, at least have the common courtesy to your customer base to make it a quality product! IMHO

Reactions: threewulfmoon
After 7 flights or something, I wanted to power up the Breeze, and it didn't. I put the battery in the charger and now it's flashing its blue light, irregular charging.

Battery is dead?

After 7 flights or something, I wanted to power up the Breeze, and it didn't. I put the battery in the charger and now it's flashing its blue light, irregular charging.

Battery is dead?

That's what I got and reported to Yuneec. They shipped a new battery out to me this week. So yes, that appears to Yuneec's term for "Your Battery is Tango Uniform."
Battery.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval