Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Opinions?

Reaction score
Have a second H. Needs landing gear and a new B arm. Should I repair (B arm and landing gear - seems to be $100-$200+ depending on finding the landing gear), or should I part it out? Any interest in: 3 A & 2 B arms, original charger, Wizard, backpack, single battery, intact body and guts, possibly ST16? This one was crashed, and I got it to repair mine that crashed (!). Except for the bad motor, it appears to be workable otherwise - binds, attaching a camera works perfectly, 5 motors start/run until I get an emergency shutdown message on the controller, all lights work normally. The landing gear was broken, but both motors work and are intact. Seems like it would be fun to have a backup, but I'm only recreational right now, plan on taking the 107 test, but not sure. I hope this crash/repair thing isn't habitual. The H's limitations (camera choice, specifically) indicate it wouldn't be the best platform to expand into a commercial enterprise. Opinions? Leaning towards parting out, but that's why I'm here... Mods, not trying to sneak in some sales, just looking for opinions. I'll post some stuff to classifieds anyhow, it all depends.

Edit: occurred to me - anyone have a good B arm or landing gear from a bird they would like to part out? A good price on those might help me decide....

Last edited:
Third option; save it for parts if needed to fix the first one, unless you plan on getting rid of it too.

anyone have a good B arm or landing gear from a bird they would like to part out? A good price on those might help me decide....
The B arm is no problem but the landing gear might be. Are the actuators broken? That's the money shot.

The carbon fibre landing gear, I believe people on here have a source too, might be worth a search of forum. The actuators could be broken you'll have to test them, as others say expensive, arm complete isn't expensive, me personally I'd repair it, it's good to understand what's involved repairing a copter, boosts the confidence when you've done it and flying again.

Reactions: MikeDV
Have a second H. Needs landing gear and a new B arm. Should I repair (B arm and landing gear - seems to be $100-$200+ depending on finding the landing gear), or should I part it out? Any interest in: 3 A & 2 B arms, original charger, Wizard, backpack, single battery, intact body and guts, possibly ST16? This one was crashed, and I got it to repair mine that crashed (!). Except for the bad motor, it appears to be workable otherwise - binds, attaching a camera works perfectly, 5 motors start/run until I get an emergency shutdown message on the controller, all lights work normally. The landing gear was broken, but both motors work and are intact. Seems like it would be fun to have a backup, but I'm only recreational right now, plan on taking the 107 test, but not sure. I hope this crash/repair thing isn't habitual. The H's limitations (camera choice, specifically) indicate it wouldn't be the best platform to expand into a commercial enterprise. Opinions? Leaning towards parting out, but that's why I'm here... Mods, not trying to sneak in some sales, just looking for opinions. I'll post some stuff to classifieds anyhow, it all depends.

Edit: occurred to me - anyone have a good B arm or landing gear from a bird they would like to part out? A good price on those might help me decide....
Theres one on ebay, either A or B complete motor arms $49.00 + $5.70 for shipping ?

Check eBay. I find most of my parts there.

Reactions: johnnyb57
I just replaced both landing gear assemblies on my H 920 I purchased the tubes from a vendor on e-bay they are carbon fiber and appear identical to the originals. in size thickness and overall dimension.

The great part was the price much less than buying from Yuneec.

Check out the great selection of sizes available, you should be able to find the size you need just about for any drone out there.

Some "how" to refurbish answers - I check eBay and search the internet daily for parts, so nothing really new there - wondering about the one comment about carbon fiber landing gear - don't see a custom offering, and none for Yuneec. However, I guess I was looking more for "why". There's a local, reasonably priced DJI Inspire 1 v2.0, thinking about going there - although parts etc. seem to be getting rare there as well. This is all outside the FAA stuff coming, looks like that's 2-3 yrs. implementation, if done - might or might not crash the entire recreational area - it's all money driven, so it remains to be seen what parts of the FAA the are for sale are bought and by whom.

The carbon fibre landing gear, I believe people on here have a source too, might be worth a search of forum. The actuators could be broken you'll have to test them, as others say expensive, arm complete isn't expensive, me personally I'd repair it, it's good to understand what's involved repairing a copter, boosts the confidence when you've done it and flying again.

I found a site in France for carbon fiber legs, do you know of another specific place? I think I have two good servos and one "Fixation train atterrissage" on the French site (the thing that attaches the gear to the servo). I hadn't looked for rebuilding these parts; thanks to you, searching for parts looks promising.

I found a site in France for carbon fiber legs, do you know of another specific place? I think I have two good servos and one "Fixation train atterrissage" on the French site (the thing that attaches the gear to the servo). I hadn't looked for rebuilding these parts; thanks to you, searching for parts looks promising.
Copter EU stock Yuneec original or 3rd party. The 3rd party can be bought complete or separate.

BE CAREFUL of a site in France called drontech.com. I had read of a couple people successfully getting hard to find parts from them, so I went there looking for a landing leg for my Typhoon H. Sure enough, it was in stock, and a decent price with reasonable shipping, so I bought it using Paypal (fortunately). That was almost a month ago, the "in stock" order still shows "order processing" and the seller has ignored three email inquiries. I have a case opened with Paypal and it appears the seller is ignoring Paypal also, so later next week I will be eligible for a refund thanks to Paypal's purchase protection policy. YMMV, but I sure won't make this mistake again....

Reactions: MikeDV
BE CAREFUL of a site in France called drontech.com. I had read of a couple people successfully getting hard to find parts from them, so I went there looking for a landing leg for my Typhoon H. Sure enough, it was in stock, and a decent price with reasonable shipping, so I bought it using Paypal (fortunately). That was almost a month ago, the "in stock" order still shows "order processing" and the seller has ignored three email inquiries. I have a case opened with Paypal and it appears the seller is ignoring Paypal also, so later next week I will be eligible for a refund thanks to Paypal's purchase protection policy. YMMV, but I sure won't make this mistake again....
Copter Eu are excellent, I've probably bought from them 20 times, they stock very hard to find parts.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Copter Eu are excellent, I've probably bought from them 20 times, they stock very hard to find parts.

Another vote for Copter Eu I have ordered lots of articles from them without problems and have very fast delivery also.
Mike

Yeah actually I wanted to order the landing gear fro Copter Eu, the website says it's in stock, but I don't speak German well enough and couldn't get the website to understand my shipping address....

Yeah actually I wanted to order the landing gear fro Copter Eu, the website says it's in stock, but I don't speak German well enough and couldn't get the website to understand my shipping address....
Google Translate usually appears in the webpage and converts to English, the odd word might not convert but it's straightforward.

I ordered from them, my only problem is my address came up with my city name (which was correct), but instead of United States, was Germany ? Seeing has l couldnt correct that, and couldnt get paypal to stop the transaction to correct it ? Now that l've emailed them, we'll see what happens ?

I ordered from them, my only problem is my address came up with my city name (which was correct), but instead of United States, was Germany ? Seeing has l couldnt correct that, and couldnt get paypal to stop the transaction to correct it ? Now that l've emailed them, we'll see what happens ?
I suspect they'll refund you. I'm not 100% sure they ship to US? What was it you were after?

Sourced the carbon fiber tubes on Amazon, only need to replace the "feet", T at bottom intact, top of vertical member also intact. Two good actuators they both work fine when installed. One has a broken seat - the piece that attaches the actuator to the leg. Anyone have one of those? Listed on the German and French sites, but if anyone here has one from a wreck...

Next - is there a way to check a motor without installing it? While do-able, it's a lot of work to put a motor in an arm and discover it won't work - just did that. Good experience, wasn't really that difficult, but lots of stuff to do (99.9% sure it was done correctly). There's a great video on YT that lays it all out very throughly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval