Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ops!

Reaction score
As most of us have said "That didn't end well!!" Was flying over an old mine in the forest looking at the remote (camera view) and not the drone!!! rotated the camera around to the front and bamm... tree!!! About 40-50 ft in the air and she came down hard in the rocks. Get your popcorn ready I'll see if I can recover the crash video tonight.
20200826_145239.jpg

As most of us have said "That didn't end well!!" Was flying over an old mine in the forest looking at the remote (camera view) and not the drone!!! rotated the camera around to the front and bamm... tree!!! About 40-50 ft in the air and she came down hard in the rocks. Get your popcorn ready I'll see if I can recover the crash video tonight.
View attachment 23027

**** I do feel your pain..
Not good.
I hope you get things strsighted.out.
View attachment 23027

Hold on, I have to get some more popcorn.
We have to get you repaired, or some new parts.
Keith

Reactions: PaulEden
It seems anytime we start to catch up on other projects, mother nature will help us get started on a new one. She especially likes to use trees. Magic trees. They can sneak up unseen, without making a sound. Or just appear out of nowhere.
I really hope you will consider doing repairs. The forum will be here when you need it.
And It will be interesting to see how many parts you can replace with the 3D printer. That could prove a benefit to all of us.

I know how you feel. I was concentrating on my controller when backing the "H" up to get the shot I wanted. I backed it into a bank full of brush. I had no problem going into Canada to retrieve it--- I just raised the fence & crawled under it. I got away with two broken props.

Vic

It seems anytime we start to catch up on other projects, mother nature will help us get started on a new one. She especially likes to use trees. Magic trees. They can sneak up unseen, without making a sound. Or just appear out of nowhere.
I really hope you will consider doing repairs. The forum will be here when you need it.
And It will be interesting to see how many parts you can replace with the 3D printer. That could prove a benefit to all of us.

You got that right WTF

I know how you feel. I was concentrating on my controller when backing the "H" up to get the shot I wanted. I backed it into a bank full of brush. I had no problem going into Canada to retrieve it--- I just raised the fence & crawled under it. I got away with two broken props.

Vic

Amazing

I am still trying to figure out what positions to put my switches in for real sense and will the machine climb to avoid objects ?

No kidding I'm really afraid to crash it because Parts are hard to get. Plus I am sick of crashes.

Smart mode obs mode follow me or all the above?
Thanks Keith

Not sure if it's "so there I was" or "hold my beer" but anyway I was working on a panorama of the mountain at the end of horse shoe canyon. I "decided" to do a video flying back down the mountain and it came out ok, turned around and was working my way up. Like a good idiot I was looking at my remote instead of the drone.. I had a spotter, but (my mistake) was talking to him about the video and we were BOTH looking at the screen!! Working on converting the corrupt file to something usable I'll let everyone know if it works. View attachment YUN00397_stitch.jpg

Good news is I did take the top off and most everything inside looks ok (main board, gps) minus the frame and cover. May work on getting it back in the air minus the camera. Camera gimbal is not in good shape!! 1598571008934.png

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Not sure if it's "so there I was" or "hold my beer" but anyway I was working on a panorama of the mountain at the end of horse shoe canyon. I "decided" to do a video flying back down the mountain and it came out ok, turned around and was working my way up. Like a good idiot I was looking at my remote instead of the drone.. I had a spotter, but (my mistake) was talking to him about the video and we were BOTH looking at the screen!! Working on converting the corrupt file to something usable I'll let everyone know if it works. View attachment 23042

Good news is I did take the top off and most everything inside looks ok (main board, gps) minus the frame and cover. May work on getting it back in the air minus the camera. Camera gimbal is not in good shape!! View attachment 23041

Looking good keep at it.

Vic
Beats driving to the nearest border crossing,and then probably get arrested for illegal crash,in Canada,EH! Keith C.

Steve thanks for your help

I up loaded it to youtube.

Thinking about it at
- 28 seconds i looked away from the screen.. SO WASN'T LOOKING AT THE DRONE OR AT THE CAMERA VEW talking to the spotter pulling him off watching the drone... once again lessen learned, stay focused on task and don't disrupt your spotter if you are flying camera view.
- 37 seconds was about when I realize tree!! I tried to go up hoping I could climb over it only to go right into a tree limb

Reactions: Steve Carr
The Ents score another one. I wonder if the aircraft were covered in feathers it would deter the Ents from downing it.

Finally took most of the drone apart to see what damage we have

Drone
  • Top/Bottom cover
  • Frame
  • 3 Arms (plus 2 arms that rotated somehow)
  • 6 Arm clips
  • 1 Motor
  • Land gear servo
Camera
  • Gimbal motor
  • Gimbal Control Board20200902_160546.jpg
  • One of the connectors is in parts and another separated from the board. If I keep it I'll probably solder it back together.

20200903_091910.jpg
One of my other issues. I noticed I have 2 arms that "rotated" I figured they were glued/impossible to rotate. Of course the broken carbon fiber one is done!

Still not sure if I'm going to put the drone back together or scrap it. I bought the thing used ($600 for everything) if I scrapped it I would be out $100-200. Putting it back together I'm looking at $200-300 or more depending on where I get parts. I'm tempted to 3d print the arms (inside/outside) and buy some carbon fiber rod that has a little more weight. I'll get rid of the "arm clip" if I do, make it one whole piece that I can just reprint the end if(when) I crash again.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Finally took most of the drone apart to see what damage we have

Drone
  • Top/Bottom cover
  • Frame
  • 3 Arms (plus 2 arms that rotated somehow)
  • 6 Arm clips
  • 1 Motor
  • Land gear servo
Camera
  • Gimbal motor
  • Gimbal Control BoardView attachment 23109
  • One of the connectors is in parts and another separated from the board. If I keep it I'll probably solder it back together.

View attachment 23110
One of my other issues. I noticed I have 2 arms that "rotated" I figured they were glued/impossible to rotate. Of course the broken carbon fiber one is done!

Still not sure if I'm going to put the drone back together or scrap it. I bought the thing used ($600 for everything) if I scrapped it I would be out $100-200. Putting it back together I'm looking at $200-300 or more depending on where I get parts. I'm tempted to 3d print the arms (inside/outside) and buy some carbon fiber rod that has a little more weight. I'll get rid of the "arm clip" if I do, make it one whole piece that I can just reprint the end if(when) I crash again.
Very interesting.
Perhaps part it out.
I could never trust it again.

Keep us posted.

Keith Kuhn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers