Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Orientation Assist

Reaction score
For VLOS flying which is what I always do unless I lose sight of the H, I added a thin lexan vane to the top of my H. I painted the right side flourescent red and the left side flourescent yellow. This helps me see the orientation out at a distance, since I don't have perfect eyesight. The vane is attached with velcro to the top cover and can be easily removed. IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG

Your ST16 has an orientation green arrow when flying, do you use this to help which direction you are going?

Interesting idea. I wonder how side winds will effect the flight behavior...
I have flown it in a moderate wind and it doesn't seem to affect it. Also, tried flying sideways at speed and the H seems to compensate, just as if it was a wind resistance. My next design of this will have an LED strip lighting on either side red/green, and a opening in the centre to reduce air resistance.

Your ST16 has an orientation green arrow when flying, do you use this to help which direction you are going?
I have used the green arrow a few times but find it counter intuitive because it doesn't show the actual orientation of the aircraft but points to direction "home".

Reactions: MM1992
I have the very bright white Strobon flashing light mounted on the front above the camera mount to give me confirmation of orientation.

I have also Strobon Standalone (red for left and green for right) but on the two back arms, to avoid flares in camera. It works for me, and the flashes are visible during the day very well

I have also Strobon Standalone (red for left and green for right) but on the two back arms, to avoid flares in camera. It works for me, and the flashes are visible during the day very well
I also have 2 of the original Strobon Standalone lights that I can mount on the outboard motor pods. They disappear at about 300 feet in daylight. Strobon now sells a Cree version which is supposed to be brighter. Since they draw about twice the power from a slightly higher capacity battery, they should be about twice as bright.
STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

I have used the green arrow a few times but find it counter intuitive because it doesn't show the actual orientation of the aircraft but points to direction "home".

The "green arrow" works well for orientation. Picture the H as the arrow and you should then be able to work out the actual orientation of the craft, in relation to where the home position is.

Reactions: BeeRAD56

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuzi