Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Orientation sensor (IMU) sensor failure?

I would try to calibrate the compass and accelerometers. It's possible the H was moved during boot up. Should that fail to correct call Yuneec.

I would try to calibrate the compass. Should that fail to correct call Yuneec.

I tried calibrating the compass 3 times with no luck... My ST16 will see 18 satellites but under GPS it says "acquiring", but will never acquire. Plus there's a strange sequence on the main LED... Red, blue, then yellow twice (yellow flashes 2 times)... Then repeats.

Reactions: Rayray
No question about it, this is a customer service call. From personal experience, they are easy to deal with. If it can be fixed with instructions provided over the phone they will go the distance. If it can't it would have to be sent back. It sounds like possible component failure.

No question about it, this is a customer service call. From personal experience, they are easy to deal with. If it can be fixed with instructions provided over the phone they will go the distance. If it can't it would have to be sent back. It sounds like possible component failure.

I agree. The thing that sucks is this is my second H, because my first was a fly away (even though I recovered it) and I needed one to fly why I wait for customer service to repair under warranty. I bought this from a guy who said it has never been flown. I guess I'm the sucker for believing him

Before anything else you need to calibrate the accelerometers. You can do it with the GUI. Set the H on a LEVEL surface and boot turn it on. Make certain you do not touch the H during boot. Select the accelerometer calibration. Wait for it to finish. Check it on the GUI again to see if it still says FAIL. Is so, contact Yuneec.

I agree. The thing that sucks is this is my second H, because my first was a fly away (even though I recovered it) and I needed one to fly why I wait for customer service to repair under warranty. I bought this from a guy who said it has never been flown. I guess I'm the sucker for believing him
what is the latest outcome now?

I got confirmation as to what the problem was. Here is what was on my receipt, although they covered it under warranty... Great customer service from Yuneec btw:

YUNTYHBUS
DRONE, CG03+ W C/L,ST16 W S/SH,BATTERY $0.00 $0.00
1 In-House Labor fee (1/2 Hr)
In-House Labor fee (Inspection Fee) $40.00 $40.00
1 YUNTYH117SVC
Typhoon H ESC Velometer Circuit Board (Authorized Service Use Only) $129.99 $129.99
1 YTYP112
Typhoon H Main Board $35.00 $35.00
1 In-House Labor fee
In-House Labor fee (Typhoon H Repair) $80.00 $80.00
Subtotal $284.99
Tax (0%) $0.00
Total $0.00

I got confirmation as to what the problem was. Here is what was on my receipt, although they covered it under warranty... Great customer service from Yuneec btw:

YUNTYHBUS
DRONE, CG03+ W C/L,ST16 W S/SH,BATTERY $0.00 $0.00
1 In-House Labor fee (1/2 Hr)
In-House Labor fee (Inspection Fee) $40.00 $40.00
1 YUNTYH117SVC
Typhoon H ESC Velometer Circuit Board (Authorized Service Use Only) $129.99 $129.99
1 YTYP112
Typhoon H Main Board $35.00 $35.00
1 In-House Labor fee
In-House Labor fee (Typhoon H Repair) $80.00 $80.00
Subtotal $284.99
Tax (0%) $0.00
Total $0.00

I am going to reply to my own post and TAKE BACK the "great service" comment from Yuneec. In fact, here is the latest update to this thread, in a video format

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval