Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pan knob extension

RPR

Reaction score
Hello gang,

Thought that I just want to share this.
IMG_1171.jpg

I find the pan knob on the ST16s is annoyingly small, jerky in the center, and a challenge to control without the possibility of slipping, and missing a great shot.

As a remedy, bought a “Joint Vcitory” Universal Remote Controller on Amazon and they have been amazing.

IMG_1173.jpg

If you find a way to make the knob spin 360 with no stops I would love you forever. Cause you know, to me that would make sense to have a pan knob spin 360 when it has a 360 gimbal

If you find a way to make the knob spin 360 with no stops I would love you forever. Cause you know, to me that would make sense to have a pan knob spin 360 when it has a 360 gimbal

That would take different internal electronics with a servo for absolute positioning. The present setup is as a proportional direction control.

You could just move the pan switch down and let the gimbal spin at your desired speed then match your aircraft speed with the rate slider to the rotation while making your flight. [emoji16]

Reactions: PatR and Phaedrus
You could just move the pan switch down and let the gimbal spin at your desired speed then match your aircraft speed with the rate slider to the rotation while making your flight. [emoji16]

The free pan mode is excellent. If Yuneec finds a way to deaden the center of the pan via curves, we can kiss the free pan mode goodbye.

I made a similar attachment but I was looking for a way to be able to operate the pan with the right hand while the sunshade was attached. This is handy for times like when you are using cruise control, steering the craft with the left hand (rudder) and panning with right.;)

Knob.jpg

I made a similar attachment but I was looking for a way to be able to operate the pan with the right hand while the sunshade was attached. This is handy for times like when you are using cruise control, steering the craft with the left hand (rudder) and panning with right.;)

View attachment 15892

Need a 6-speed decal on that shifter knob... ?

• Haha
Reactions: DCH
I prefer cheap simple and effective. Less than a nickel, works every time. Lose it? Go cut another chunk and keep on flying. No need to over think anything.

pan-ext-1-jpg.15988
pan ext (2).jpg

Attachments

• pan ext (1).jpg
    pan ext (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
I followed your lead @RPR and ordered a set of these. I LOVE it!! Changed the feel of the control knob, adds precision to the adjustment and smooths out the overshoot when you come out of the center detent. It has a silky smooth feel to it now. Thanks for the tip!

I followed your lead @RPR and ordered a set of these. I LOVE it!! Changed the feel of the control knob, adds precision to the adjustment and smooths out the overshoot when you come out of the center detent. It has a silky smooth feel to it now. Thanks for the tip!

Glad it works out for you, and yes it’s smooth. Although, I haven’t been flying my TH Plus due to another setback. But, hope to get her up in the air again, soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval