Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Part 107 Exam Training

Reaction score
Ok...

So I'd like to take the Part 107 test here pretty soon.

I have the Remote Pilot study guide published by the FAA: http://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf

Is there any information beyond what's in those 77 pages and the manuals they reference that I need to know? I am looking at a number of the online courses, but they all look like they basically mirror this free study guide PDF.

I'm just not clear on if there is more information I should be hunting down or not.

Thanks!

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
My question is, are you trying for the unmanned pilot certificate, or do you already have the part 61 pilots license? The only additional instruction that you might be able to find is the student pilots handbook.

Ok...

So I'd like to take the Part 107 test here pretty soon.

I have the Remote Pilot study guide published by the FAA: http://www.faa.gov;)regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf

Is there any information beyond what's in those 77 pages and the manuals they reference that I need to know? I am looking at a number of the online courses, but they all look like they basically mirror this free study guide PDF.

I'm just not clear on if there is more information I should be hunting down or not.

Thanks!
It is all you need!;)

Thank you. I did spend a couple hours reading through threads, and the FAA website, and various websites offering training and such.

I just couldn't find a clear answer to my question.... Is everything I need to study in the FAA study guide and materials referenced in that study guide?

And if that is the case - what the **** is the point of these online training courses.

Just passed my test today.... It's a little more than the study guide discloses, however you don't need to take an online course either! It took me about 38 mins to complete and I got an 88. I did spend the past week cramming pretty hard though...

Good Luck!

Anthony

Would you mind letting me know what materials you focused on when studying? Just the student pilot handbook and UAS study guide?

Thanks much for the info!

Just passed my test today.... It's a little more than the study guide discloses, however you don't need to take an online course either! It took me about 38 mins to complete and I got an 88. I did spend the past week cramming pretty hard though...

Good Luck!

Anthony
Congratulations:)!

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Your manned or unmanned aircraft experience may help determine just what you need. If you are already a proficient uas operator, you may not need a course, but you will still need to learn the information required to obtain your certificate. If you are a manned aircraft pilot, you probably already know most of what you need with regards to weather, airspace, and airport operations, but you will also want to be familiar with the new regulations (Parts 107 and 48). Whether you take a course or not, there are many resources available including FAA Handbooks, Test Prep, and Federal Aviation Regulations. Here are a few that we have to offer: asa2fly.com/uas

People can do it all for free with down loaded info from the FAA site. Read a couple of books, Aviation Weather and Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, review 107 text a couple of times, take the tests. You don't need to spend a dime to gain the knowledge to pass the tests.

If you really want to splurge, buy a Sectional chart for your area. You can use it more later, along with those free books, for all the places you fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have no experience in this field then you CANNOT DO what all the folks are saying you can do. It takes training and understanding. As these its so easy folks should be ashamed!

I had neither, I paid for remotepilot101.com course 99 bucks which gave me an on screen teacher and a classroom feel. That mixed with the FAA document FAA-G-8082-22 remote pilot unmanned study guide and the faa-ct 8080-2g guide you should be good to go. The folks telling you all you need is this are doing you a disfavor! It may be all THEY need - but you are not them! do yourself a favor and ask lots of questions and get the two study guides and for me paying 99 bucks for a course , well i got my 107 within a week! And I had been studying for two months prior and getting no where!!!

Brian,

I suppose I had an advantage in having obtained my last license around 1990. Having followed the 333 process and participated in the 107 NPRM I sort of anticipated what would be on the test. Reading the finalized 107 and taking the online FAA test validated that and exposed several new areas. Those were the foundations for the books I suggested. Everything needed, aside from the 107 text, is in them. They are FAA developed text books used extensively in developing test questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brian Mackey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval