Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

PLEASE help lost in lake !

I have a call into the manufacturer with not a call back yet. I found my flight logs but I'm having trouble finding the right one because everything is in Chinese.

I know I lost all signal because when I put it in home it didn't rise up and fly home it kept falling like it was trying to land
Where are you located? How do you mean you have a call in but no call back? Did you leave a message? Never seen flight logs in Chinese.

It does. I've been having a bit of an issue with a firmware update and every call I've made to Yuneec has been answered quickly and I've reached tech support every time, even with e-mail exchanges. Last week they called ME twice about some camera work. I have problems thinking Yuneec is the problem.

Oh, should have mentioned it; my H is back in flying shape.

Oh, that's not good.

The Typhoon, if it is too far away may lose the signal. Mine has done it many times.... When this happens it will turn around to the right and face home, then fly back. However, if you lose the video signal and touch the left joystick to go up (as you said), or right to move in any direction, it will respond because it's still receiving input from the ST16 although you see nothing on the screen. What then happens is that you think it's not responding but in fact you're still flying it.... into a tree, into a hill, into a lake. Not saying this is what happened in your case, but it does happen.

The Telementry logs on the ST16 will let you know what happened and if you were still connected. Yuneec will ask you to send them the FLIGHT LOG folder. If all is good, they may replace your drone free of charge.

I've been flying since May and have gotten comfortable with my skills and the Hs abilities/shortcomings.

But @CAPTAINDRONE, you bring up a question I have... so to you or any other experienced pilots, if you loose video and switch to RTH, is it just best to just go "hands-off" on the controller until the video transmission is back? Is there any way to get a confirmation from the ST16 that the H received the RTH command?

Unless you can clearly see it, do nothing after triggering RTH. You can make alterations when it becomes close enough to regain orientation. OTH, if you trigger RTH and can see it and it does not respond with a heading home action you would prolly want to go hands on after taking it out of RTH and switching to Angle.

That's the problem with BLOS operations; if you lose video and telemetry you don't have a clue what your commands are doing. The aircraft is essentially out of control and we can only hope it does what it is supposed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you can clearly see it, do nothing after triggering RTH. You can make alterations when it becomes close enough to regain orientation. OTH, if you trigger RTH and can see it and it does not respond with a heading home action you would prolly want to go hands on after taking it out of RTH and switching to Angle.

That's the problem with BLOS operations; if you lose video and telemetry you don't have a clue what your commands are doing. The aircraft is essentially out of control and we can only hope it does what it is supposed to do.

My camera was broke......when I hit go up and nothing.......I'm in trouble and it just fell into the water. RTH did nothing.....I was on a 3rd story balcony and now people say the drone should not be below you.

My camera was broke......when I hit go up and nothing.......I'm in trouble and it just fell into the water. RTH did nothing.....I was on a 3rd story balcony and now people say the drone should not be below you.

I fly mine lower than the take off point all the time so I doubt that was an issue.

There's probably four or five things that could be happening in the communication between ST 16 and the TH but, I always make sure that I fly with full batteries for the aircraft and my ST 16 Is fully charged I don't want to have a communication failure, I'm telling you it's terrible. I have not had a flyway with either of my Yuneec products yet, knock on ceramics. The company's customer service agents and the technicians really do bend over backwards to try and help us the TH pilots. Good luck.

Scott, you reported this on Saturday. You also said on Tuesday you had a call in to Yuneec but no callback. You posted yesterday and made no mention of talking to Yuneec. Earlier flight logs may have been in Chinese but the last one would have been your flight.

Again, what country are you in? If the USA, you need to keep calling Yuneec, stay on the phone and they will answer.

I'm calling BS on this one. Just another Phan boy trying to scare folks away from the H.

Real or not it seems common sense did not prevail for someone just receiving their H and immediately flying it over water at a low height and flying it from his third floor balcony. Hopefully a few unexperienced flyers can learn from this. If you're planning on flying over water and I do it often I suggest you try some maneuvers on dry land first. Then try a few with the drone close by with you on the shore before you try what that poor lad did....

Reactions: Agent K
and this is yet another reason that flying BLOS is illegal in the USA ....problem with common sense is it aint so common! You need a license to legally drive a car, buy a gun, fly an aircraft, until very recently you needed to build model aircraft capable of AV acquisition and they weren't cheap! That alone kept people from being careless, reckless and STUPID in the way they flew their aircraft. Now, these cheap affordable RTF (push-em around the sky autonomous) AV aerial toys can be had by anyone with the cash; and at almost any department store!

We should all need to pass basic proficiency flying skills tests and issued a license to buy/fly recreational, ..then us business owners have the 107....

The people who will cry about this suggestion/thread are those who couldn't pass the test....and they can all STFU and go learn to fly!

I appologize if this seems off topic.....

you want to know why you shouldn't fly from your 3rd floor balcony??? because you knew you were going to fly BLOS relying on the video screen to pilot the H .....thankfully you landed in the water and not in a neighborhood playground, or a stroller being pushed down an adjacent street. This is why parks have designated flying fields!

So I was flying my typhoon late afternoon (sunset) and I was flying it over the lake about 1/8 to 1/4 mile away. I lost response and it would not go up when I hit up. When I hit up it went right. I hit home and nothing. So it fell into the lake. GONE.....

Just got this thing. $1,925.....will yuneec sell me just the drone at cost or send me another. I read that these had a 1 Mile range.

How to get flight log ?

Any help, stories or insights would be great. Almost thinging about giving up.

Thanks Scott
I too have been flying my H for a while with no problems but when I took off in angle mode last week the H got to 5 metres altitude and went completely out of control , flying backwards at top speed and crashing in to an empty public building on the edge of the park I was in . If the H had not crashed there it would have crashed into the houses on the edge of the park and could have caused some serious damage or worse . The last thing I remember was pausing at 5 metre to turn on the camera and noticed that the LED was now flashing ...... purple - red ..... purple - red etc . The H was totally wrecked !

Seems to have been on the forum within the last 24 hours but made no posts. What means that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix