Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Please help!

That's what we have done for the past 2 days trying to fix it. Thank you so much for the help

Christina,

I'm sending you a private message with a phone number. I'm ~100 miles east of you and you can call after 7:00 in the morning. I'll talk you through a firmware upgrade.

Since yours is under warranty I suggest you do not open up the ST-16. Unless Yuneec tells you to do so that instantly voids the warranty.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with the company and they said we have to pay for postage to send it back in and then pay for it to get repaired. All we did was open the box and it wouldn't work.....this is crazy
If you have never flown it...it was faulty out of the box, then surely that's a warranty issue. If Yuneec are saying that you must return it then they should pick up any costs for shipping and repairs. I don't understand why they would say you have to pay for shipping and repairs if it wasn't in working order straight out of the box. Am I missing something here?

If you have never flown it...it was faulty out of the box, then surely that's a warranty issue. If Yuneec are saying that you must return it then they should pick up any costs for shipping and repairs. I don't understand why they would say you have to pay for shipping and repairs if it wasn't in working order straight out of the box. Am I missing something here?
Your reaction is the same as ours! We couldn't believe they said we had to pay for that. We are still trying to see what is going on. We asked to speak with a supervisor so we are waiting for that call. This has just been a bad experience

Well we got a new drone this morning! The reason why the other one wouldn't work is it was a UK version. So when you put US firmware on a UK drone it will go in brick mode. So the yuneec company sent a new drone to us. We are so excited!

Reactions: Murray Martz
Well we got a new drone this morning! The reason why the other one wouldn't work is it was a UK version. So when you put US firmware on a UK drone it will go in brick mode. So the yuneec company sent a new drone to us. We are so excited!
I've no experience of it myself since I use my H for commercial work so that it must remain U.K.complient. However I believe that there is nothing technically to stop a U.K. pilot owning a U.K. H putting the U.S. firmware on it if they are willing to risk the wrath of the CAA if found out. Again I have no experience in this matter since my H must remain legal, but that's the way I understand it.

I've no experience of it myself since I use my H for commercial work so that it must remain U.K.complient. However I believe that there is nothing technically to stop a U.K. pilot owning a U.K. H putting the U.S. firmware on it if they are willing to risk the wrath of the CAA if found out. Again I have no experience in this matter since my H must remain legal, but that's the way I understand it.
Hi "Flush Vision" I just wanted to clarify as to what happen. There was no illegal stuff going on. Yuneec finally realized the company pixel hub sent a UK drone to us so when we installed the US firmware it made the drone freeze. We didn't know....there was no way to know the drone was a UK drone. It all was a big mix up not us trying to do something illegal

Hi "Flush Vision" I just wanted to clarify as to what happen. There was no illegal stuff going on. Yuneec finally realized the company pixel hub sent a UK drone to us so when we installed the US firmware it made the drone freeze. We didn't know....there was no way to know the drone was a UK drone. It all was a big mix up not us trying to do something illegal
No. Not in any way suggesting anything illegal. I think you have misinterpreted what I was saying...that as far as I know it is possible to put U.S. firmware on a U.K. H. What I was saying is based on the fact that I'm a U.K. PfCO holder and, as such, am not able to put U.S. firmware on my U.K. H. In the U.K. having non EU firmware on an aircraft would render that aircraft illegal to use in the U.K. In the U.S.A it would be quite legal to use U.S. firmware...of course.

There is little chance of a U.K. recreational pilot being caught with the wrong firmware but for a commercial pilot it just isn't worth taking the risk.

I'm still not sure why your H would freeze with the U.S. firmware, though. I know of many people that have put U.S. firmware on their U.K. aircraft without issue.

To upload either firmware the system has to first be at a specific firmware state, one that will accept either version. After the geographic version is installed you can't upload a different geographic firmware without locking up the system through "mis-formatting". To fix things the base level firmware has to be installed again to start over. This is a great reason not to rush changing firmware on a new aircraft. Find out if it flies first. Don't fix what isn't broken.

To upload either firmware the system has to first be at a specific firmware state, one that will accept either version. After the geographic version is installed you can't upload a different geographic firmware without locking up the system through "mis-formatting". To fix things the base level firmware has to be installed again to start over. This is a great reason not to rush changing firmware on a new aircraft. Find out if it flies first. Don't fix what isn't broken.
I'm assuming that her aircraft had the EU firmware on it out of the box. So even though it had the wrong firmware on it for the USA it should still have been flyable without updating it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval