Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Please help!

Can't do that if it's not binding. And the lights should reset to "On" after a reboot.

I think connecting to the computer is the only step that might show what is going on.

Christina, I'm sure you know this but you have to hold the power button down on the H for several seconds. If you just press it, then it powers on and then back off.

I had one do this same thing recently. I had to do a complete firmware reinstall using the GUI.

Another thing to try is take the camera off completely and try and power the bird on (hold the power button down for 5-7 seconds). Once the bird powers on, install the camera.

Also what color is the led light on the front of your CGO-3+ (the camera) and is it flashing or solid in color? Flashing green indicates looking for connection, solid green is connection established, flashing yellow is no SD Card and looking for connection, solid yellow is no SD Card and connection established, flashing red is booting and flashing purple is updating. No light indicates a serious problem. (Sorry Steve I know you already liked what I had before)

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I had one do this same thing recently. I had to do a complete firmware reinstall using the GUI.

Another thing to try is take the camera off completely and try and power the bird on (hold the power button down for 5-7 seconds). Once the bird powers on, install the camera.

Also what color is the led light on the front of your CGO-3+ (the camera) and is it flashing or solid in color? Flashing green indicates looking for connection, solid green is connection established, flashing yellow is no SD Card and looking for connection, solid yellow is no SD Card and connection established, flashing red is booting and flashing purple is updating. No light indicates a serious problem. (Sorry Steve I know you already liked what I had before)
OK so I downloaded everything and updated. Firmware for st16 and typhoon and now the main led that is supposed to blink blue then yellow when ready to bind stays solid green mine turns solid green from when I turn it on and stays solid green, also the power button in drone will not power off I have to turn it off by pulling out batr

OK so I downloaded everything and updated. Firmware for st16 and typhoon and now the main led that is supposed to blink blue then yellow when ready to bind stays solid green mine turns solid green from when I turn it on and stays solid green, also the power button in drone will not power off I have to turn it off by pulling out batr
Yes, this is the correct behavior. In Smart Flight Mode (please don't fly in smart mode until you've read the manual) the rear Aircraft Indicator Light will be solid green. Flip Switch S4 (top right corner) to the middle position on the st16, this will put you in Angle Flight Mode. Please refer to page 23 of the Typhoon H manual V1.2 located here: Downloads Typhoon H

As far as the power button, let's get the TH working first, then we can address the power button not powering off the airframe.

Another set of questions are; is this a brand new airframe or a used airframe? Can you see video on the st16 from the camera? Lastly, have you deleted the current model out of the ST16 and attempted to build a new connection?

Last edited:
OK i t has been on for 5 min still solid green, and is not changing or blinking, how long does it take until it turns blue? I switched to angle mode

OK i t has been on for 5 min still solid green, and is not changing or blinking, how long does it take until it turns blue? I switched to angle mode
Can you tip the airframe forward several times (take the props off and tilt past the 35 degree angle)? This should cause the airframe to go into binding mode, you will see orange rapid flashing light on the rear of the airframe. Keep tipping until the light flashes. Feel free to stop after a minute of tipping. If the light starts flashing orange, grab the ST16, tap system settings, tap continue on the warning message.

I had to run out I will be back in an hour but it is BRAND NEW, OPENED THE BOX 2 days ago and today was first time

Ok, If I were you, I would find some one near by who has experience flying this sophisticated aircraft or others like it. Not trying to dimension your ability to fly or smarts, but this is not a toy! Find a very, a VERY large field with no people, trees, buildings, cows, horses and grasshoppers to interfere with practice. Fly with gears down only for several days of flying, take the camera off when flying, do not fly higher than 15 feet 8 meters. Try not to fly more than 50 to 100 feet away from you 30 meters. Most of all take your time, go on YouTube and watch some of the guys flying the H for the first time they have good tips.
Oh and if you feel the aircraft is is getting away from you (meaning your having difficulty controlling the H), LET GO OF THE CONTROLS AND IT WILL HOVER! Do not fly in SMART MODE!
And don't panic
Good luck.

Last edited:
I understand the desire to want to protect the camera from damage in the event of a crash or rough landing, but I feel that it provides invaluable feedback to the pilot through the ST16 that won't be there if flying without the camera.

I would fly in Angle mode and leave the camera pointed forward at all times. Fly using a combination of rudder and pitch only, so the ST16 will always show you any obstacles in the way and will help you orient the aircraft.

Power everything up, put the St16 in Team mode, go to System settings, hit refresh, select the aircraft firmware when it shows up, hit bind. You don't need the flashing light condition to bind.

Do find someone to teach you to fly. The H is not a beginner's aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio