Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Police authorized to use Typhoon H as a S&R tool

Well now, that is interesting. Wonder if it can be classified as commercial use and all that apply under the FAA regulations?

I think it's great, now law enforcement can see what these are all about.

Also if any local agencies need the use of one I'm sure there are plenty of us that would be more than happy to fly ours for them...

Oh I certainly agree that it is great. Good to see that some common sense prevail. If you read that piece though you will see that not all are in agreement...

Yea I read it, I don't understand some people, invasion of privacy is one, really!
I wouldn't fly up to somebody's window, maybe over a back yard to get somewhere but high enough that wouldn't cause suspicion, what do some people think when their in a public place with other people holding cell phones up, invading their privacy?

Yea I read it, I don't understand some people, invasion of privacy is one, really!
I wouldn't fly up to somebody's window, maybe over a back yard to get somewhere but high enough that wouldn't cause suspicion, what do some people think when their in a public place with other people holding cell phones up, invading their privacy?

Ah yes the privacy issue, most people dont realize that drones are a terrible way of spying on people. in order to get a good shot of someone you would have to either have a camera with a telephoto lens and a drone powerful enough to handle the extra wieght ( very expensive, but available) or get really close, of course at close range the drone is loud and conspicuous. Now i could just fly over and check out my neighbors hot wife sun bathing by the pool or i could get up on my roof and look over that way. i am not sure where to draw the line on privacy as one could easily invade someones privacy from across the street with a simple SLR fitted with a long lens.

Now we all know that spying isn't why we own these cool little devices, but the media likes to hype the ever lovin' S#*t out of every little thing. So we need to stay in touch with local media and see if we can get them to do stories on all of the millions of positive use's our drones have! You can find tons of positive examples all over the drone industry forums, but you'll generally only see the negative stuff on the news. that's where we need to step in and clarify. don't wait for someone else to do it. And don't expect the media to be responsible enough to actually check the facts before they run their negative stories. Be relentless!

Exactly, well said.
And to add to that we as enthusiasts shouldn't give people in the media a reason to report negative stories. Simply don't fly close to peoples homes and noone can ***** about feeling that their privacy is invaded. I realize this is probably common sense. But common sense isn't so common these days.

Reactions: John K. Fitzgerald
Exactly, well said.
And to add to that we as enthusiasts shouldn't give people in the media a reason to report negative stories. Simply don't fly close to peoples homes and noone can ***** about feeling that their privacy is invaded. I realize this is probably common sense. But common sense isn't so common these days.

I could not agree more!

I could not agree more!

the most annoying thing is that everyone walks around with a zoomable camera on their phones taking pics here there and everywhere with people in the background who did not give their permission, and they say nowt. Add CCT footage in towns and cities, police number plate recognition cameras, speed cameras etc then you have cameras everywhere but fly what is basically a panoramic camera then people get all funny because its in the air and think that somehow makes it more an invasion of privacy !!!

the most annoying thing is that everyone walks around with a zoomable camera on their phones taking pics here there and everywhere with people in the background who did not give their permission, and they say nowt. Add CCT footage in towns and cities, police number plate recognition cameras, speed cameras etc then you have cameras everywhere but fly what is basically a panoramic camera then people get all funny because its in the air and think that somehow makes it more an invasion of privacy !!!

They say that on average each of us is on camera about 23 minutes per day! And if someone wants to watch me walk around my house naked, then they have much bigger problems than I.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval