Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Poll - did you have or had problems with your Yuneec Typhoon H

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problems were more that I didn't understand this very hi tech hexacopter. My fault more than it.. Sticky buttons.

circle of death 3 out of 4 low level flights. waiting to hear back from yuneec. a old hand at this game,after flying walkeras. did all pre flights, all lights ect. ok, lucky, just lost 4 props.

My problem is, sometimes when I power up the H the Nav light on the left front rotor fails to come on and the rotor its self malfunctions, nothing I do seems to fix the issue except leave it powered on for around 20 mins and it fixes itself, I have spoke to Yuneec about it and they ask me to do a few test on the GUI the next time it happens and feed back to them :)

Works like a dream.

Reactions: MarkC
I have the "noisy-fan" ST16 that many have complained about. I'm going to open up the controller and try to fix rather than send it back

Got my typhoon a week ago. First flight, the camera worked fine. Found out I forgot the sd card. Landed installed the card but after that no images at all from the camera. Al the time a 'connecting to the camera' message. Tried everything. But without succes.
After the second flight attempt typhoon stopt. Only started up but no response to controller at all. So it's shipped back as DOA. ;(
Hope it gets better next shipment.

Reactions: Jamess
Problems, YES.

- From the moment it was turned on the camera had blue & white dancing dots on all recorded video.
- Battery arrived fully charged. I think mine was perhaps used as a demo before I got it (came from B&H).
- Loss communication with drone.

Repaired drone on the way back to me. Hopefully there is a new battery & a different or fixed camera. I wonder if they swapped out the original ST16 for the newer models? Will see when it arrives next week.

Hope I don't jinx myself by saying this while closing in on the third week of operation but mine has been totally asymptomatic. I fly it nearly daily, and several batteries worth. I told a friend on the forum that it does every single thing it should do and I sure hope it continues.

Much of this I can attribute to all of you on the forum and your helpful insight... Plus the service techs who have told me how to get around the "operator error" issues I imposed on myself. Thanks all!

When I lifted the ST16 out of the box it sounded like a steel ball bearing rolling around inside of it.Called Yuneec and they said it woundnt hurt anything.After reading several forums I decided
to investigate and found a fan laying on the bottom of the case.Reinstalled fan and everything seems fine now.Not crazy about the battery and charging system,would prefer the same system
as my Q-500 and 4K. Taking it slow and learning all of the features.

The Yuneec typhoon H by Yuneec electronic aviation is a masterpiece of engineering. Thank you www.dronemountain.us for your most excellent service and fast shipping on my purchase of the H.
I am still waiting for my cash refund from aerial media pros in costa mesa. (They even advertised it as being "IN STOCK" when in fact it was not)....still waiting for even one return email to update me or advise me upon the status of my refund. told them three weeks ago to cancel my order....found one in stock elsewhere....they said we heard they were a bad company to order from....not in my experience Winston...

Third flight I had and engine malfunction and Typhoon H went into 5 engine mode which was very hard to control and had a hard landing. The gimbal was broke on the landing which was on the grass. The Yuneec service department was a woman which had not clue. I give her my purchase date of Sep 9 and she said it wasn't good enough and wanted my receipt. For some reason the engine started working again but I have very little control of the drone.

Brand new right out of the box the St16 rattled bad .Called yuneec and they said it wouldnt hurt anything.Fixed the out of place fan myself.Less than 25 flights the camera tilted and wouldnt connect.Tried
everything and ended up sending it in.After 3 weeks I got it back with the fan out of place again.Took the ST16 apart again and fixed the fan.No problems with it now but just waiting for the next problem.

Works like a dream.
Hello have you had any other problems since then I have the typhoon H pro been flying it for about 7 months I fully charge my battery and there were no clouds in the sky I got good satellite coverage I went 100 ft up and all of a sudden my motors shut down the drone broke all up I guess thing happen yuneec is replacing my drone when I fly again I will be a little nervous on that happing again I have the q500 been flying it for a year in a half no problems just wanted to say be careful and don't let your drone get out of sight any thing can happen

Hello have you had any other problems since then I have the typhoon H pro been flying it for about 7 months I fully charge my battery and there were no clouds in the sky I got good satellite coverage I went 100 ft up and all of a sudden my motors shut down the drone broke all up I guess thing happen yuneec is replacing my drone when I fly again I will be a little nervous on that happing again I have the q500 been flying it for a year in a half no problems just wanted to say be careful and don't let your drone get out of sight any thing can happen
The presence of clouds in the sky will have little consequence to how many satellites you are able to lock. What will effect the number of satellites your H can see is the mask, or shadow you get from nearby hills and structures like buildings and bridges. For example, you will generally get less satellites locked if you are flying in a valley than if you were flying from the top of the hills surrounding the valley. Likewise, you will generally see less satellites if you are flying near to a tall building than if you were flying in the wide open.

Do you know why your H motors shut down?

Only problem I have found is the battery life is poor, I nearly lost mine due to a battery dropping in power rapidly after about 8 minutes of flight. I think I average 10 minutes per battery and have a couple so I don't think it's just a single battery. Will be investing what Yuneec say about yours, perhaps it is a similar issue as my battery issue. The worst thing is the battery warning is so obtrusive it slows you down when trying to land the thing. Anyway, I found I rarely fly mine now in favour of a Mavic or a Phantom so probably selling. Hope you gets yours fixed.

Only problem I have found is the battery life is poor, I nearly lost mine due to a battery dropping in power rapidly after about 8 minutes of flight. I think I average 10 minutes per battery and have a couple so I don't think it's just a single battery.

Very strange, I fly 3 THs with 4 stock and 3 outside batteries. All get at least 16 minutes with camera and RealSense. Often I get 18 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis