Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Poll - did you have or had problems with your Yuneec Typhoon H

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had only one selfinflected problem after doing a bad firmware update.
Resolved it and never had any other problem

I also fly DJI Phantom 3 and 4 and can say that i do not like the video transmission system, a lot of interuptions and lag.
DJI has a very bad support
Yuneec is better

So, you think the battery failed? Shh,,,It's also possible that the crash reseated the battery. Hope you get satisfaction from German CS.

No, I never said that the battery (its failure, or its bad installation) could have been the cause of the crash.
As for Yunnec Germany, always NO news from their customer service!
Pressed by my customers to complete the missions they entrust me, I just bought a DJI Phantom 4 Pro.

... I also fly DJI Phantom 3 and 4 and can say that i do not like the video transmission system, a lot of interuptions and lag. DJI has a very bad support. Yuneec is better

I use a Samsung smartphone on Android and I have a DJI Phantom 3 Pro for 2 years; I just received a Phantom 4 Pro:
- NO problem with the P3 Pro, except pixelisations in video feedback since the April DJI Go update; the pictures the P3 Pro brings back are of much better quality than those of my Typhoon!
- the P4 Pro's camera is amazing!

It seems that Yuneec customer service is good everywhere (USA, UK, ...) except in Germany (which is supposed to help European countries). If you are satisfied with Yuneec customer service, it is probably because you do not live in Europe or you have never had to deal with them!.
I never had to ship one of my Phantoms to DJI, I doubt they could be worse than Yuneec Germany!

DJI support is worst then Yuneec Germany.
I have had a inspire 1 and had to send it to DJI Support. After 6 months they send it back and i had still problems. So i had to send it back again. After 5 months i received it back now it was repaired. But i lost in total 11 months to DJI Support.
I also still fly with DJI but have some Video trasmission problems with my Phantom 3 Advanced. I also have a Phantom 4 and he has the famous horizon level problem that almost all DJI products have.

My problem is, sometimes when I power up the H the Nav light on the left front rotor fails to come on and the rotor its self malfunctions, nothing I do seems to fix the issue except leave it powered on for around 20 mins and it fixes itself, I have spoke to Yuneec about it and they ask me to do a few test on the GUI the next time it happens and feed back to them :)

If it works after leaving it on for 20 minutes, perhaps it's a internal connection issue & 20 minutes of sitting allows a tiny bit of heat to affect a connection in a good way. The thing with tech is that it either works or it doesn't. Anything in between (intermittent issue) is normally always a power/voltage issue.

Reactions: PatR
I have intermittent poor response on rudder control. The J2 channel setting at times is offset +13% and will only go to +68% right and -80% left. Never lasts long but when it occurs in flight it's almost impossible to rudder right.

DJI support is worst then Yuneec Germany ...

Your experience is quite incredible, nobody obviously would like to have lived it in your place.
I made the difference between Yuneec Germany and other customer services from the same manufacturer in other parts of the world.

I have intermittent poor response on rudder control. The J2 channel setting at times is offset +13% and will only go to +68% right and -80% left. Never lasts long but when it occurs in flight it's almost impossible to rudder right.
That's pretty scary, John. Have you calibrated your controls with the "secret menu" yet? For help with that, enter "secret menu" in the search bar (magnifying glass) above.

That's pretty scary, John. Have you calibrated your controls with the "secret menu" yet? For help with that, enter "secret menu" in the search bar (magnifying glass) above.

Yeah, did the secret cal, everything went green. Turned the ST16 on this morning and went straight to channel settings and J2 was exactly as I described above...moved the toggle to the left and right once and it went back to normal.

My YTH has had 3 issues
1) 1 burnt motor -> motor + arm replaced
2) jumpy gimbal -> new gimbal
3) total loss of power and crash -> I guess they replaced the whole unit

All those happened last year. After the crash, it has been working well.

Reactions: pacoimaca
Yeah, did the secret cal, everything went green. Turned the ST16 on this morning and went straight to channel settings and J2 was exactly as I described above...moved the toggle to the left and right once and it went back to normal.
Still jumpy? Sounds like a faulty or dirty pot. Better contact Yuneec.

Has anyone ever replaced a joystick themselves? I really don't want to be out of the air for weeks waiting for Yuneec to repair and return. Tried calling yesterday and the wait time was 89 minutes!!

It can be done but requires that more than the gimbal (joystick) be disconnected to complete the job. If in warranty, opening the ST-16 instantly voids the warranty. Much of what you encounter inside is small and fragile, if anything get broken you'll be down until they are repaired, or until you buy a new ST-16. I don't recommend that a transmitter be opened up by anyone lacking considerable electronic assembly experience. Bear in mind you'll need to locate and obtain a new gimbal before you attempt this.

OTOH, if you send it to Yuneec you'll be down a month but have a system checked ST-16. Did you at one time try to adjust any of the pre-set travel limits in the ST-16 by chance? If so you might consider adjusting the settings back to the original state.

Only problem I have found is the battery life is poor, I nearly lost mine due to a battery dropping in power rapidly after about 8 minutes of flight. I think I average 10 minutes per battery and have a couple so I don't think it's just a single battery. Will be investing what Yuneec say about yours, perhaps it is a similar issue as my battery issue. The worst thing is the battery warning is so obtrusive it slows you down when trying to land the thing. Anyway, I found I rarely fly mine now in favour of a Mavic or a Phantom so probably selling. Hope you gets yours fixed.
RCD if the battery don't last 18min then it's no good and getting old. Or to many charges that's after the battery leaving the charger and not sitting for a while

Last edited:
It can be done but requires that more than the gimbal (joystick) be disconnected to complete the job. If in warranty, opening the ST-16 instantly voids the warranty. Much of what you encounter inside is small and fragile, if anything get broken you'll be down until they are repaired, or until you buy a new ST-16. I don't recommend that a transmitter be opened up by anyone lacking considerable electronic assembly experience. Bear in mind you'll need to locate and obtain a new gimbal before you attempt this.

OTOH, if you send it to Yuneec you'll be down a month but have a system checked ST-16. Did you at one time try to adjust any of the pre-set travel limits in the ST-16 by chance? If so you might consider adjusting the settings back to the original state.
No adjustments...called Yuneec and they are sending me a new gimbal. THEY said installation is simple, just the four screws on front and the few behind the foam pad on back...we'll see[emoji848]

Last edited:
In addition to my first contribution, I would like to say that Yuneek Germany is finally coming - two months after my Typhoon H RealSense Pro was sent to them - to return my drone refurbished.

All that the technician has found, it would be slight deviations due to the flight controller!
And in "goodwill", Yuneek has purely replaced the aircraft with a new system on which are mounted: after testing the RealSense module and, after repair and testing, the CGO3+ camera.

So they have repaired and replaced it free of charge as part of the warranty, but I doubt they have done this simply by "goodwill": they give no explanation as to the crash, ... so we will say that they recognize in some way that there was a design flaw somewhere, hardware or software.

I'm not really happy, I still do not know what happened and so I can not fix anything: so I'm perplexed!

Reactions: Dr Delta
John,

Give it a go then:). 1.5 and 2mm hex keys to open the ST-16. Use a very thin blade flat screw driver to initiate lifting the finger pads, then lift away by hand. Careful when you split the case. There's some wires that bridge the two halves.

Bucho,

They never provide a reason for the crash. You might maybe demonstrate a little pleasure for getting a new system. I waited a couple years before someone with DJI finally offered to replace my defective A2.

Reactions: Rayray
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin