Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Posting crash data

Reaction score
I have some files documenting a recent crash that I felt that someone might find interesting but don't know the best way to share them. I recall reading that adding ".txt" will allow them to be posted but I have both a kmz and a csv file and the total size is about a meg. Suggestions? Recommendations?

Replace the KMZ and the CSV with TXT, and they should upload.
Also, describe the event as well as you can remember. That sometimes goes a long way to correlate what the data shows.

To distinguish one from the other, do not replace the extensions... rather add .txt to both, so you end up with one named telemetry1.kmz.txt and the other named telemetry2.csv.txt

Then both should be able to be attached to a post.

Reactions: PatR
To distinguish one from the other, do not replace the extensions... rather add .txt to both, so you end up with one named telemetry1.kmz.txt and the other named telemetry2.csv.txt

That is my intention. I'm concerned about the size of the files. Exceeding the amount of file space allocated for hosting might be a problem for the site. I don't want to unnecessarily circumvent a size restriction. I have a free Box account that could easily accommodate the files but it would be a bit more difficult to download. Unless I hear from someone having any sort of problem with any of this I'll post the files in the H forum and post here if I have any difficulty. I'll allow a bit more time before posting in case there's another reply.

Exactly. Don’t change an extension, just add .txt to the existing one.

jandj,

Using the telemetry from the H480 series is best done with all the telemetry files from a flight. This means you need the files from all four subfolders of the FlightLog folder. You can zip the whole FlightLog folder and upload it as the zip file without adding txt to the end.

If you just want the one flight you can build the same file structure on your computer, transfer the files from each subfolder on the ST-16 to the same on the computer, then zip that and upload the resulting zip file. It will be much smaller and will then only have data for the flight in question.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
jandj,

Using the telemetry from the H480 series is best done with all the telemetry files from a flight. This means you need the files from all four subfolders of the FlightLog folder. You can zip the whole FlightLog folder and upload it as the zip file without adding txt to the end.

If you just want the one flight you can build the same file structure on your computer, transfer the files from each subfolder on the ST-16 to the same on the computer, then zip that and upload the resulting zip file. It will be much smaller and will then only have data for the flight in question.
Good info. My goal was to make it as easy as possible for someone to check the files.

Adding the TXT extension to the files worked fine. Thanks all.

What about the good old ZIP file/archive? You can attach more that one file with one action, keep the folder structure of the flight logs and have faster upload. No need to rename the files for you and for me...

What about the good old ZIP file/archive? You can attach more that one file with one action, keep the folder structure of the flight logs and have faster upload. No need to rename the files for you and for me...
I think you're right. I don't think you have to extract. It seems like the files are handled as if they were in a folder. I'm not a hundred percent certain but I'll check it out.

If you do the process of creating the zip files on the controller itself, one of the folder options when right clicked is "Compress all files in folder". Choose the "mission data" folder and this will include all needed files in a single zip file... with the sub-directory structure intact.

If you do the process of creating the zip files on the controller itself, one of the folder options when right clicked is "Compress all files in folder". Choose the "mission data" folder and this will include all needed files in a single zip file... with the sub-directory structure intact.
I wanted to include the kml file as well and make it simple for anyone to view the files. I see you're a staff member and after your first reply I should have dismissed any concerns I had about file size. It seems likely that you would be aware of problems with the site's storage space.

To my knowledge a zip file of telemetry should not exceed the file size limits... One of the other mods will let us know if I am incorrect in that assumption. Also if you zip all the files off of the controller, I do not think any other files (including the kml file) are needed for analysis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet11guru