Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Preventing the Dreaded Toilet Bowl Effect?

@Photo
I'm not having problems with toilet bowl, never ever have.
On post #10 I was referring to odd flying control issues, i.e. metal interference.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, strange. Oh well, thanks for at least checking!
Have you flown again? Maybe a good idea to remove the camera and do some test flights, takeoff and landings. See if the behavior continues, if it's worse when below 30', if climbing improves it. If the wind is calm, start your descent and if you see the TB starting again, climb again, turn off the GPS and then descend and land. Let us know what happens.

Have you flown again? Maybe a good idea to remove the camera and do some test flights, takeoff and landings. See if the behavior continues, if it's worse when below 30', if climbing improves it. If the wind is calm, start your descent and if you see the TB starting again, climb again, turn off the GPS and then descend and land. Let us know what happens.

Flew a couple more times and didn't really have any issues, but I was flying in a different spot, so that's what makes me think that maybe the place I flew had too much compass interference.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Flew a couple more times and didn't really have any issues, but I was flying in a different spot, so that's what makes me think that maybe the place I flew had too much compass interference.
I was doing a job the other day using a P2V+ with my H480 held in reserve (for this job I had decided that a P2V+ would be best suited for the task in hand). Normally, my P2V+ is pretty predictable but on this particular job it flew like a demented beast: satellites dropping in and out causing it to go in and out of atti mode and that wasn't helped by the fact that it just didn't seem to want to go in the direction I wanted...obviously it was also suffering from compass issues. Normally I don't have any problems flying in manual mode (atti) but the fact that I was flying near to a church's stained glass windows made me decide to abort the mission using the P2V+. Now, enter my H480. Exactly the same place and it flew like a dream. Take off I saw the satellites count at 13 but once it was airborne that quickly rose to 17. It held it's position beautifully...so much so that my client remarked on it having previously seen how the P2V+ performed so poorly.

So, same place with flights using two different systems all within the same hour but with two very different outcomes. The P2V+ I was lucky to get away without crashing it through a stained glass window. H480 was rock solid and was able to complete the job.

I couldn't see anything around that would impact both GPS and compass in the P2V+. Yes there was a structure nearby but not of a nature that would normally give me much cause for concern. Maybe my P2V+ was just having a bad day? I dunno. But my H480 saved the day.

Another reason for a commercial operator to have at least two systems available for commercial operations.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece