Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Preventive Maintenance

Reaction score
Wanted to check the tightness of the fasteners on the landing gear of the H but not sure if they require a hex or some other tool. Anybody know?

hmmm. I tired that but it seemed not to fit. I will try again. thanks

It does not look like it takes a tool at all?
Maybe a pin of some type?

Landing gear of Typhoon H, H520 is made of carbon tubes 12x11mm and 10x9mm joint by 2 alu-steel rivets 3,2x6mm through plastic tee. The 12x11mm tube possess 2,5/2mm hole through for gear actuator, for Philips head screw. Actuators itself are mounted by 2 hex screws to main frame of bird. I possess replacement landing gear for sale made of carbon/kevlar tubes and bracket riveted by 4pcs 3,2x8mm, much stronger than originals, packed with 2 black/white dampers. Anybody interested?

How does the weight compare with stock? The stock gear are plenty strong enough for normal landings so I’m curious for the reasons or benefits in making a change.

Landing gear tubes and bracket of my replacement are lighter as aramid fiber is used, if compare apple to apple. I use, however, 12x10,5mm and 10x8,8mm carbon/aramid and #2mm bracket to make landing gear stronger. Stock T-shape leg weights 16g while strong aramid version 19g. I have experienced abnormal landing.

A delta of 3 grams is no big deal. OTOH, I have yet seen anything on an aircraft designed to withstand a crash. Every time someone has tried that the aircraft became to heavy to fly;)

A delta of 3 grams is no big deal. OTOH, I have yet seen anything on an aircraft designed to withstand a crash. Every time someone has tried that the aircraft became to heavy to fly;)

My observations of the H lead me to believe that a lot of the aircraft is designed for certain components to break away rather than put undue stress elsewhere and inflict more expensive damages. I think the camera and gimbal are one example.

This is true. Just about everything designed for transportation has some level of "sacrificial" parts. Omitting them ends up making the repair process after a crash a lot more extensive, and expensive. I've said it before and will say it again; It's better to learn how to fly and control an aircraft manually than to rely almost exclusively on automation. If you can control the aircraft in all aspects manually you can better control the outcome of the flight. Relying on automation leaves you at the mercy of the system.

If we always remember that throttle controls altitude and elevator controls airspeed, and act accordingly, we get to keep money in the bank and the aircraft in one piece. For our purposes "elevator" is the stick that controls forward and aft motion, or pitch.

Reactions: 2dextreme

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer