Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pricing for H Plus Components

Dave21740

14 CFR Part 107 Certified
Reaction score
I've been looking at insurance and one of the potential insurers asks for separate replacement costs for the platform, the sensor and ground equipment. I hadn't been able to find any info on the latter two items so I asked Yuneec. For anyone interested, this is what they told me (all prices US) :
  • Platform - currently unavailable except in the complete package that all H Plus owners bought. Lists for $1899.99
  • C23 - Lists for $699.99
  • ST16S - Lists for $499.99
Just thought I'd report it here in case anyone else was interested.

Still list your craft at that price: $1899.99 or Amazon price, and individualize everything that came with it.

Reactions: PatR
$1899 is the list price for the Typhoon H Plus Pro...

The H Plus is at a retail price of $200 less at $1699

In my mind, pricing the C23 at only $150 more than the retail on a CGO3+ is ridiculous.

Still list your craft at that price: $1899.99 or Amazon price, and individualize everything that came with it.

Exactly. The separate component pricing is pretty standard across insurance carriers. I’ve obtained annual quotes from 5 companies and each required a breakdown. Take the total model price and subtract the costs of a camera and ST-16s away from it for the component cost break down.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Exactly. The separate component pricing is pretty standard across insurance carriers. I’ve obtained annual quotes from 5 companies and each required a breakdown. Take the total model price and subtract the costs of a camera and ST-16s away from it for the component cost break down.

I was going to do that very thing, but then I thought about the actual cost of replacing the H Plus platform if I total the thing before they start making the platform available a la carte.

Right now, there's no way I'd be able to replace the platform other than buying the whole package again. If I've set the replacement cost for the platform at $1900 minus the camera/controller cost, that would set the platform at $700. I talked to a DroneInsurance rep today and from what I learned, that would cap the insurance coverage at $700 for the platform (disregarding deductible). I've only looked at that insurance and Verifly, which doesn't currently cover drone damage, and maybe other policies work differently. But if I go with DroneInsurance, I'm going to set the platform cost at $1800 for now, and not purchase a long chunk of flight coverage until they start selling the platform alone. Then I can adjust the platform cost and think about buying a longer flight coverage period

Does that make sense, or am I missing something? That's been known to happen ;)

I was going to do that very thing, but then I thought about the actual cost of replacing the H Plus platform if I total the thing before they start making the platform available a la carte.

Right now, there's no way I'd be able to replace the platform other than buying the whole package again. If I've set the replacement cost for the platform at $1900 minus the camera/controller cost, that would set the platform at $700. I talked to a DroneInsurance rep today and from what I learned, that would cap the insurance coverage at $700 for the platform (disregarding deductible). I've only looked at that insurance and Verifly, which doesn't currently cover drone damage, and maybe other policies work differently. But if I go with DroneInsurance, I'm going to set the platform cost at $1800 for now, and not purchase a long chunk of flight coverage until they start selling the platform alone. Then I can adjust the platform cost and think about buying a longer flight coverage period

Does that make sense, or am I missing something? That's been known to happen ;)

It’s a dirty business. Unless if you can get a receipt for the camera and controller. Why not use your home insurance as an umbrella to cover your gears? Do you have other photography and videography gears?

I have 3 pelican 1730 and all of my gears fits in those pelicans excluding my bags and light stands for videography. I’ve managed to individualize everything (amazon price) and I asked DJI for a zenmuse receipt (The camera already came with the drone) but they still gave it to me, upon request.

I insured my H+ through State Farm as total sum (SF policy has gotten better) I would only use Droneinsurance and Verifly (my last go to is SkyWatch) as a gap insurance, and also Yuneec has a great crash forgiveness warranty program, but I haven’t seen it being formally offered.

* General drone insurance will only cover you and your sUAS on the field, your gap will cover the misc. and if your client requires you to have x amount of coverage. Having all your gears insured under your home insurance give you the best total coverage.

Reactions: Dave21740
It’s a dirty business. Unless if you can get a receipt for the camera and controller. Why not use your home insurance as an umbrella to cover your gears? Do you have other photography and videography gears?

I have 3 pelican 1730 and all of my gears fits in those pelicans excluding my bags and light stands for videography. I’ve managed to individualize everything (amazon price) and I asked DJI for a zenmuse receipt (The camera already came with the drone) but they still gave it to me, upon request.

I insured my H+ through State Farm as total sum (SF policy has gotten better) I would only use Droneinsurance and Verifly (my last go to is SkyWatch) as a gap insurance, and also Yuneec has a great crash forgiveness warranty program, but I haven’t seen it being formally offered.

* General drone insurance will only cover you and your sUAS on the field, your gap will cover the misc. and if your client requires you to have x amount of coverage. Having all your gears insured under your home insurance give you the best total coverage.

I've got photo equipment coverage by State Farm for non-professional use. I haven't asked them about drone coverage for business use yet, but that's on the agenda for tomorrow. I'm reading about State Farm coverage under personal articles (same as my photo equipment) and seeing very conflicting opinions. Sounds like the impact on homeowners/renters insurance rates of making a personal articles claim may vary from state to state. Granted, this is from reddit, where people love to argue and troll, so I need to talk with SF directly and see what the deal is.

I'll probably insure it with SF to make sure I've got theft coverage immediately. And then think about additional coverage for liability. I have a lot to do to brush off the cobwebs and get more flight hours before doing anything for pay, so I can push off liability for now. Seems like the more I learn about insurance, the less I know. o_O

[Edit] My understanding of DroneInsurance is that you have to have base coverage in order to use their flight coverage. For me the base coverage costs about $25 per month for the platform and the camera. Not exactly cheap compared to SF, but it's a different sort of coverage. I think the short term answer is for me to log off and get some sleep!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tree Top
I've got photo equipment coverage by State Farm for non-professional use. I haven't asked them about drone coverage for business use yet, but that's on the agenda for tomorrow. I'm reading about State Farm coverage under personal articles (same as my photo equipment) and seeing very conflicting opinions. Sounds like the impact on homeowners/renters insurance rates of making a personal articles claim may vary from state to state. Granted, this is from reddit, where people love to argue and troll, so I need to talk with SF directly and see what the deal is.

I'll probably insure it with SF to make sure I've got theft coverage immediately. And then think about additional coverage for liability. I have a lot to do to brush off the cobwebs and get more flight hours before doing anything for pay, so I can push off liability for now. Seems like the more I learn about insurance, the less I know. o_O

I read that same reddit post as well, stating that a claim will go against your points for 2 years (can remember) it’s not true, I’ve been with State Farm for years, I made my claim when my Inspire crashed and my rate did not go up and I was able to buy new truck without additional increase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval