Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with Typhoon H with CGO ET Firmware - Please support

Reaction score
Dear all,

I think I have applied wrong firmware on my CGO ET camera which is installed on the Typhoon H copter. Wanted to do a Firmware upgrade but think I have downloaded wrong firmware from Yuneec Site.

The only firmware for CGO ET which was downloadable was for copter H520 "Firmware CGOET H520 EU 0.2.14". Since I have uploaded this firmware, binding with ST16 and copter and camera is still possible but I always get the message on ST16 RC that there is a problem initializing camera and I don't get a picture on the screen.

Can someone help me please? Think after uploading correct firmware which is the good one for CGOET with using on Typhoon H copter then I may work well again.

Can somebody provide the correct firmware which I need? Or maybe I am wrong at that will not be the problem...?

How the firmware can be uploaded to camera? It looks like the upload starts after booting up the copter with firmware on SD card which is in the camera slot, right?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help...

Regards
Olize

Last edited:
You messed up the camera by loading the wrong firmware on it. Yuneec never released the firmware for the Typhoon H version of the CGO-ET camera so they are the only ones that can flash it back to the proper firmware.

If you are in Europe there is a chance to get this fixed. Try contacting Yuneec DE or Yuneec EU and see what they can offer in way of repair.

I heard about the same - so it seems to be necessary to send it to Yuneec for repair?
Unfortunately it is not possible to reach the customer service of Yuneec -tried it severat times last days, no answer.

Do you know where I can get good support for this problem?

YUNEEC EUROPE GMBH
Nikolaus-Otto-Straße 4
24568 Kaltenkirchen, Germany

+49 4191 932620
[email protected]

These are the contact information for the customer service of Germany, but not reachable since a few days. Tried to call them about 100 times, no chance. Bad service of Yuneec Europe.

These are the contact information from the homepage - but all unreachable - no chance...

Very poor support from Yuneec.

It is supposed to be available Mon-Fri from 1 PM to 3 PM, but there is no getting through.

Last edited:
It is possible that @Enrico Jorysch may be able to offer some guidance.

Dear all,

I think I have applied wrong firmware on my CGO ET camera which is installed on the Typhoon H copter. Wanted to do a Firmware upgrade but think I have downloaded wrong firmware from Yuneec Site.
@Olize,
Was there a problem with the camera that prompted the need to upgrade?
Can you provide a link to the firmware you downloaded?
And can you describe the process you used to perform the update.

@Olize,
Was there a problem with the camera that prompted the need to upgrade?
Can you provide a link to the firmware you downloaded?
And can you describe the process you used to perform the update.
I have taken from this site the H520 CGOET Firmware Firmware CGOET H520 EU 0.2.14

There was no problem but a colleague told me to do several firmware updates on my new drone to get best performance. but now I now that this information was not the best one and no update was necessary. Now I have the problem that I don't get a picture from CGOET on ST16 anymore because of initialization problems with the camera. This CGOET firmware for H520 copter should be another one that normally is used at the Typhoon H copter. Thought about that this is the only downloadable firmware for CGOET at should work also on Typhoon H copter. Now I now that it was a really bad idea - and need my copter running again for searching deers in May

I have copied the firmware.bin on SD card, inserted it onto the SD slot of the CGOET and startet the copter. Then the LED start flashing violet, seems that the update was starting automaticly during boot launch

Last edited:
Did you also update the gimbal or just the camera?

The gimbal communication is different between the TH and H520 versions and the controller is not seeing the proper initialization sequence.

It is a shame you didn’t check on this forum before doing any updates. The firmware on these has been the same since early 2017.

Did you also update the gimbal or just the camera?

The gimbal communication is different between the TH and H520 versions and the controller is not seeing the proper initialization sequence.

It is a shame you didn’t check on this forum before doing any updates. The firmware on these has been the same since early 2017.
I also tried to update the gimbal software on same way from same site like mentioned above in last posting.

Yes it was a too fast shot to doing this updates without knowledge - now I am smarter but now it is too late :confused:

Maybe its a problem of the gimble firmware...? Do you see a posibility to get the gimbal firmware which I need? Maybe thats the existing problem and maybe firmware for CGOET ist ok

Try the movement of the camera. If you can control it, the gimbal is still alive.

The gimbal firmware may not have took since it is still responding to the pan and tilt controls. That is good. I have feelers out to try and get the camera firmware for the TH version, but no response on that front as of yet. To my knowledge there was never any update to the TH version of the CGO-ET and Yuneec never published the original to allow a reflash.

The gimbal firmware may not have took since it is still responding to the pan and tilt controls. That is good. I have feelers out to try and get the camera firmware for the TH version, but no response on that front as of yet. To my knowledge there was never any update to the TH version of the CGO-ET and Yuneec never published the original to allow a reflash.
Thanks a lot - hopefully you will get success and find it - i have no other idea how can I fix this issue at the moment.

Have sent an email to Yuneec support but still didn't get an answer.
I would also like to send the drone to Yuneec for a fee, but so far there has been no contact.

Call them on Monday. Who in Germany will work on Friday afternoon? ;)
Oh I tried it also on Thursday many times but also no success... :)
I think the line is not active 😤 ...there is always a standard announcement - you don't even get into the queue

Which copter firmware I need - is it possible that the copter firmware itself is also wrong? How is procedure to update this?
(Think that firmware needs to be on SD card on camera slot and update need to be started by ST16 with Update button, right?

I am wondering why I don't get any information as feedback on ST16 display about firmware versions.

DSC_3055.JPG

motors can be started up - that works

Last edited:
If the camera is not functioning then the versions for aircraft cannot be reported.

Do you have a CGO3+ camera you can mount?

The hunt is still on for the proper firmware.

The drone FW will be displayed if only if camera is connected. There is no drone FW that can work with CGO-ET FW from H520. I would not touch the drone FW in this case.
As far as I know the last FW for CGO-ET/H480 was "cgoet_gb_0.0.35_E_firmware.bin". And yes, it is nowhere to found. I don't know why. It was downloadable in the past (long time ago).

br HE

Reactions: Olize

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval