Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with Typhoon H with CGO ET Firmware - Please support

If the camera is not functioning then the versions for aircraft cannot be reported.

Do you have a CGO3+ camera you can mount?

The hunt is still on for the proper firmware.
Ok, that makes sense, that's another indication that I actually have a problem with the camera firmware.

Unfortunately I don't have any camera other than the CGOET that is currently mounted.

Seems like the only thing that really helps is the correct camera firmware 🥵

The drone FW will be displayed if only if camera is connected. There is no drone FW that can work with CGO-ET FW from H520. I would not touch the drone FW in this case.
As far as I know the last FW for CGO-ET/H480 was "cgoet_gb_0.0.35_E_firmware.bin". And yes, it is nowhere to found. I don't know why. It was downloadable in the past (long time ago).

br HE
If only we could find someone who has the right firmware for me

The drone FW will be displayed if only if camera is connected. There is no drone FW that can work with CGO-ET FW from H520. I would not touch the drone FW in this case.
As far as I know the last FW for CGO-ET/H480 was "cgoet_gb_0.0.35_E_firmware.bin". And yes, it is nowhere to found. I don't know why. It was downloadable in the past (long time ago).

br HE
It seems there was an update to the European firmware back in 2017, but no update to the US version. CGOET Firmware update help

I suspect it had to do with channel selection on the 5GHz WiFi for Europe. If we can locate a copy of the 0.0.35_E it might solve this problem.

Maybe @Enrico Jorysch has a copy of it in his archives.

It seems there was an update to the European firmware back in 2017, but no update to the US version. CGOET Firmware update help

I suspect it had to do with channel selection on the 5GHz WiFi for Europe. If we can locate a copy of the 0.0.35_E it might solve this problem.

Maybe @Enrico Jorysch has a copy of it in his archives.
European version would be good for me - I have already sent Enrico a message, unfortunately I have not received an answer till yet - hopefully he can help 🤩

Thanks go out to Ulrich Wartmann from the Yuneec Technicians Facebook group for providing the European version of the firmware. Hopefully this will restore functionality to the camera. Please download this to a new folder labeled as the version for the H480 CGO-ET as the file names may be the same as the H520 version.

Make sure you get a copy @h-elsner

Copy the .bin file to a freshly formatted SD card, insert into the camera, power on the aircraft/camera. I believe it should sense the firmware and start the update process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olize and h-elsner
Thanks go out to Ulrich Wartmann from the Yuneec Technicians Facebook group for providing the European version of the firmware. Hopefully this will restore functionality to the camera. Please download this to a new folder labeled as the version for the H480 CGO-ET as the file names may be the same as the H520 version.

Make sure you get a copy @h-elsner
Wow pretty cool, that is what I need?

Just to make sure that no more goes wrong, can you please go with me quick trough the steps how I need to upload/flash new firmware on the CGOET?

Reactions: h-elsner
To my knowledge that is the proper file for the European version of the H480 CGO-ET firmware.

To do an SD card update you load the .bin file on a freshly formatted SD card, insert it into the camera, then power on the aircraft/camera. The camera should recognize the firmware on the card and start the update process. The instructions That were on the older Yuneec websites were in HTML and when they revamped them over a year ago all of that was lost.

I do not have the equipment to test this myself. That said, the camera is not functioning now so it can’t make it worse trying to install this firmware.

After it looks like the process has finished, let it sit powered up for about three minutes. Then power cycle the aircraft and see if you can get the camera to bind.

Can someone with a CGO-ET not copy the firmware from their camera and send it to you? You may have to manually load it but it might work

Which copter firmware I need - is it possible that the copter firmware itself is also wrong? How is procedure to update this?
Jaký firmware dronu potřebuji - je možné, že je špatný samotný firmware dronu? Jaký je postup pro jeho aktualizaci?
Firmware dronu jste nenarušili tím, že jste nahráli pouze soubor Firmware.bin. A několik věcí, které jste uvedli, naznačuje, že koptéra je v pořádku tak, jak je. Aktualizaci firmwaru dronu bych nedoporučoval. Pravděpodobně nepřinese žádný přínos a je možné, že věci ztíží.

You did not disturb the drone firmware by only loading Firmware.bin. And several things you have said indicate the copter is fine as it is. I would not recommend updating the drone firmware. It is not likely to provide any benefit, and is possible to make things more difficult.

I have installed now the firmware to the CGOET but still no picture.
Maybe it is also necessary to install gimbal firmware again? Does somebody have the correct gimbal firmware for me?

After installing the firmware on CGOET I did complete new binding with copter and camera, that works. But situation now is same like before.

Did firmware upload like follwing:
-Inserted SD card into camera with bin file
-After boot process the LED at the camera going red
-After LED goes back to white signal I have removed SD card and reboot aircraft

Current messages as shown on the picutures below:

"Failed to initialize camera"
"Failed to bind camera, it has been occupied or does not support."

And no firmware information from aircraft...

Any more ideas to fix it? 😭

DSC_3066.JPG2022-03-26 15_57_32-DSC_3069.JPG ‎- Fotos.jpgDSC_3067.JPG

Firmware dronu jste nenarušili tím, že jste nahráli pouze soubor Firmware.bin. A několik věcí, které jste uvedli, naznačuje, že koptéra je v pořádku tak, jak je. Aktualizaci firmwaru dronu bych nedoporučoval. Pravděpodobně nepřinese žádný přínos a je možné, že věci ztíží.

You did not disturb the drone firmware by only loading Firmware.bin. And several things you have said indicate the copter is fine as it is. I would not recommend updating the drone firmware. It is not likely to provide any benefit, and is possible to make things more difficult.
I think also that copter firmware is still ok like the drone was delivered.

Now CGOET firmware should also be ok. Only thing is gimbal firmware which still can be wrong, right? Gimpal is moving - thats not the problem, but I have no more ideas what can be the problem that camera is not proper working

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
Can you check with a WiFi-Analyzer app if camera hotspot is working? The SSID of the cam should be visible there.
Go to pad mode of the ST16 and delete all WiFi connections there. Try to bind camara again. Is the SSID visible in the bind menu?

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
I have installed now the firmware to the CGOET but still no picture.
Maybe it is also necessary to install gimbal firmware again? Does somebody have the correct gimbal firmware for me?

After installing the firmware on CGOET I did complete new binding with copter and camera, that works. But situation now is same like before.

Did firmware upload like follwing:
-Inserted SD card into camera with bin file
-After boot process the LED at the camera going red
-After LED goes back to white signal I have removed SD card and reboot aircraft

Current messages as shown on the picutures below:

"Failed to initialize camera"
"Failed to bind camera, it has been occupied or does not support."

And no firmware information from aircraft...

Any more ideas to fix it? 😭

View attachment 27814View attachment 27815View attachment 27816
Insert a freshly formatted SD card in the camera and power up the aircraft with camera mounted, and leave the ST16 off. Observe what the gimbal does and also the LED light on the camera.

The gimbal should power on and level itself pointing forward. The LED should be briefly white, turn to red, and then start flashing green.

If you get that, then power on the ST16, go to Pad, WiFi settings and look for the SSID from the camera. If you see it select it and connect.

Can someone with a CGO-ET not copy the firmware from their camera and send it to you? You may have to manually load it but it might work
The firmware update files are a special compressed file in a .bin format and once it is unpacked and loaded by boot routines in the camera it is not recoverable in a form that can be downloaded and used by another camera.

Reactions: Ikarus
@h-elsner , @WTFDproject , and @Steve Carr do you think it would make any difference if the file was renamed to just (firmware.bin) and then do the update process? I am not certain the update actually took place.

If this doesn’t work Ulrich said the only alternative is sending it to Yuneec Germany for repair (about 70 Euros).

Insert a freshly formatted SD card in the camera and power up the aircraft with camera mounted, and leave the ST16 off. Observe what the gimbal does and also the LED light on the camera.

The gimbal should power on and level itself pointing forward. The LED should be briefly white, turn to red, and then start flashing green.

If you get that, then power on the ST16, go to Pad, WiFi settings and look for the SSID from the camera. If you see it select it and connect.
It was exactly like you said. Start white > then red > and then falshing green (or turquoise)

Then I was in the Pad Wifi menu and deleted all other connections and connected to the camera with PW 1234567890 - that was also successful

Then I did a new bind with camera but still same situation - no picture - I am despairing

Now LED is flashing on camera 2 times white (slightly green) and one time violet then it repeats

@h-elsner , @WTFDproject , and @Steve Carr do you think it would make any difference if the file was renamed to just (firmware.bin) and then do the update process? I am not certain the update actually took place.

If this doesn’t work Ulrich said the only alternative is sending it to Yuneec Germany for repair (about 70 Euros).

I will test it with renamed file and do the upload again.

For me it would be ok to send it to Yuneec but to get in touch with them is really hard. Tried to give a phone call and tried to send email but no answer. Before I send it to Yuneec I need to get in touch with them to clarify shipping adress etc...

I will test it with renamed file and do the upload again.

For me it would be ok to send it to Yuneec but to get in touch with them is really hard. Tried to give a phone call and tried to send email but no answer. Before I send it to Yuneec I need to get in touch with them to clarify shipping adress etc...
I am inquiring about a good way to contact Yuneec DE. I’ll post that if I receive that information.

I am inquiring about a good way to contact Yuneec DE. I’ll post that if I receive that information.

I tried it with renamed file "firmware.bin" but no difference, all happend same.

If nobody has an idea what we can do anymore it would be nice to get an good working contact to Yuneec to send the aircraft for repair.

Thank you all for your great help and the many efforts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval