Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with Typhoon H with CGO ET Firmware - Please support

Thanks for this RMA link. I am thinking about sending the complete drone to Yuneec, not only the camera with gimble, because I don't want to loose the warranty. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everybody for your help - I learned a lot about my new drone, unfortunately there was no success. But there is such a thing. I was grateful for every idea, now I'm trying to send in the drone by an RMA task. Unfortunately, the Customer Service of Yuneec in time 1:00 to 3:00 PM is really hard to reach by phone and email - I tried it very often last week :rolleyes:

I will never do a firmware update again if the drone works again at some point :)

Two remarks:
- Did you try to create a new model and bind to this?
- If you want to to cross check, I'm still here with another ST16 and a CGO3+.

Of course the Yuneec service is a first address to overcome such situations but as I understand this was one of the first actions Olize has taken. It's not his fault that Yuneec service is poor to not existent. I remember times as Yuneec has had one of the best service in drone market here in Germany but this is gone.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
Two remarks:
- Did you try to create a new model and bind to this?
- If you want to to cross check, I'm still here with another ST16 and a CGO3+.

Of course the Yuneec service is a first address to overcome such situations but as I understand this was one of the first actions Olize has taken. It's not his fault that Yuneec service is poor to not existent. I remember times as Yuneec has had one of the best service in drone market here in Germany but this is gone.

br HE
I have selected the new model in ST16 yes.
The main problem I have is that the visual camera will not communicate anymore as also tested with VLC by wifi. The thermal picutre I got - think that means we definitely have a problem with the camera.

Unfortunately, now no more flashing at the CGOET is possible, whyever. That ties our hands

Thanks for this RMA link. I am thinking about sending the complete drone to Yuneec, not only the camera with gimble, because I don't want to loose the warranty. What do you think?
Ich habe gerade mit Yuneec telefoniert. Der Techniker sagt das es eigentlich nicht möglich ist die H520 Firmware zu installieren. Das Update startet dann einfach nicht. Merkwürdig. Wurde das komplette Update eigentlich über die CGO-ET gemacht? Das darf man nicht, dazu soll man eine CGO3+ nutzen.
Egal, du sollst bitte eine RMA machen und schönen Gruß von "Ulrich" mit reinschreiben ;) (ja, am besten alles einschicken)
(Yuneec greift dann direkt auf den Umbrella Chip zu um den Fehler zu beseitigen)

Gruß Uli
(und sorry für die schlechte Laune im letzten Beitrag 😁 )

I just got off the phone with Yuneec. The technician says that it is actually not possible to install the H520 firmware.
The update just won't start. Unusual.
Was the complete update actually made via the CGO-ET? You're not allowed to do that, you should use a CGO3+ for that.
It doesn't matter, you should please make an RMA and write a nice greeting from "Ulrich" in it ;) (yes, it's best to send everything in) (Yuneec then accesses the Umbralla chip directly to eliminate the error)

Greetings Uli (and sorry for the bad mood in the last post)

Last edited:
It's not his fault that Yuneec service is poor to not existent.
Helmut, der Service ist leider derzeit ziemlich unterbesetzt. Krankheit, Corona usw. lässt grüßen. Was sollen sie denn machen? 🥲

Helmut, unfortunately the service is pretty understaffed at the moment. Illness, Corona etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval