Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with H520 OTA-updates of Mid-January 2021? (Fix ahead)

I will redo e90 range test both oem and 4hawks with booster mod. as soon as temps hit atleast 50F degree. roi can still be chosen in the menu I be working with that in march 1st to 5th at my vacation site

Reactions: aedronix
okay may have found a glitch tap the screen to show what on the camera only and not able to get data pilot screen with telemetry and other info backup without exiting data pilot and restarting data pilot..

okay may have found a glitch tap the screen to show what on the camera only and not able to get data pilot screen with telemetry and other info backup without exiting data pilot and restarting data pilot..
weird. on mine this functions well (also with the last updates)

Latest as of 2021-01-28:
There are new versions:
UpdatePilot 1.6.12 (new)
Remote Control TX 0.39.0 System 1.0.11
DataPilot 1.6.97.0 (new)

Camera E90 1.0.80 E
Flight Control 1.7.119 (new)
Gimbal 2.66.1

"H520 (Not For H520E)"

Will not come to test until tomorrow ...
Has any of you tried this before?

Latest as of 2021-01-30:
Hi Guys,
so, on Friday 29th the weather (when it was time to start) was too bad. Snow storm within the control zone of Hamburg is a bit too much "of a good thing".

Today on Saturday 30th everything was fine in terms of weather. + 2 ° C and little to no wind. All calibrations with the new OTA update (from Thursday?) ran without problems. After over 3 years there is now for the first time a UI-confirmation after the gimbal calibration of the H520 whether "it has somehow ended and worked" with the message: "Gimbal Calibration Done"

However, I noticed three things:
1) The range of the E90 (with E-Firmware) seemed worse to me today, because despite good weather without leaves on the trees, I had two telemetry interruptions, where there are usually only problems in summer with full foliage. But maybe the ice crystals floating in the air at approx. 75% humidity and "frost" are really "radio wave breakers" ...

2) Much more disturbing is the now incorrectly saved flight altitude in the EXIF data of the photos, which is an absolute NO-GO, especially when using the E90 for survey / photogrammetry:
The E90 now shows an AMSL height of 75 m instead of about 30 m at my test launch site (the difference is "coincidentally" exactly 45 m, which corresponds to my standard mission altitude. Possibly a connection?)
At 45 m altitude above the starting point (AGL-Baro), the GPS-EXIF value should correctly display 75 m AMSL, but is now 120 m (45 m AGL-Baro (ok) + 75 m AMSL (wrong))

3) The E10T shows a full 775 m in the EXIF data of the photos (RGB and T) instead of the usual 30 m AMSL height at the same test launch site. At 45 m altitude above the starting point (AGL-Baro) the GPS-EXIF values now show a "full" 1225 m instead of 75 m AMSL? displayed. That's 1150 m too much!

To 2) and 3): The telemetry data (ST16S) correctly shows 75 m AMSL for both the flights with E90 and E10T.

Could you check it out on occasion? The GPS EXIF values of both cameras were always absolutely correct from the beginning, now there are the "moon values" for the E10T and the values that seem to be exactly 45 m too high for the E90. I use the latter for survey / photogrammetry, which is currently not possible with this and therefore means "grounding" again. (Second week in a row)

I will otherwise announce this "next good news" to Yuneec CS in KK on Monday 1st Feb ...

Latest as of 2021-01-28:
There are new versions:
UpdatePilot 1.6.12 (new)
DataPilot 1.6.97.0 (new)

Camera E90 1.0.80 E
Gimbal 2.66.1

"H520 (Not For H520E)"

Latest as of 2021-01-30:
Hi Guys,
so, on Friday 29th the weather (when it was time to start) was too bad. Snow storm within the control zone of Hamburg is a bit too much "of a good thing".

Today on Saturday 30th everything was fine in terms of weather. + 2 ° C and little to no wind. All calibrations with the new OTA update (from Thursday?) ran without problems. After over 3 years there is now for the first time a UI-confirmation after the gimbal calibration of the H520 whether "it has somehow ended and worked" with the message: "Gimbal Calibration Done"

1) The range of the E90 (with E-Firmware) seemed worse to me today, because despite good weather without leaves on the trees, I had two telemetry interruptions, where there are usually only problems in summer with full foliage. But maybe the ice crystals floating in the air at approx. 75% humidity and "frost" are really "radio wave breakers" ...

2) Much more disturbing is the now incorrectly saved flight altitude in the EXIF data of the photos, which is an absolute NO-GO, especially when using the E90 for survey / photogrammetry:
The E90 now shows an AMSL height of 75 m instead of about 30 m at my test launch site (the difference is "coincidentally" exactly 45 m, which corresponds to my standard mission altitude. Possibly a connection?)
At 45 m altitude above the starting point (AGL-Baro), the GPS-EXIF value should correctly display 75 m AMSL, but is now 120 m (45 m AGL-Baro (ok) + 75 m AMSL (wrong))

3) The E10T shows a full 775 m in the EXIF data of the photos (RGB and T) instead of the usual 30 m AMSL height at the same test launch site. At 45 m altitude above the starting point (AGL-Baro) the GPS-EXIF values now show a "full" 1225 m instead of 75 m AMSL? displayed. That's 1150 m too much!

To 2) and 3): The telemetry data (ST16S) correctly shows 75 m AMSL for both the flights with E90 and E10T.

Could you check it out on occasion? The GPS EXIF values of both cameras were always absolutely correct from the beginning, now there are the "moon values" for the E10T and the values that seem to be exactly 45 m too high for the E90. I use the latter for survey / photogrammetry, which is currently not possible with this and therefore means "grounding" again. (Second week in a row)

I will otherwise announce this "next good news" to Yuneec CS in KK on Monday 1st Feb ...
After yesterday's update of my equipment, both the H520 and E90. The E90 goes crazy and spins non-stop 5 minutes after calibrating it, it only stops when I turn off the drone.
In addition, the H520 has compass and accelerometer problems.
Can you help me solve the problem?
Thanks.

La actualización
Latest as of 2021-01-28:
There are new versions:
UpdatePilot 1.6.12 (new)
DataPilot 1.6.97.0 (new)

Camera E90 1.0.80 E
Gimbal 2.66.1

"H520 (Not For H520E)"

Latest as of 2021-01-30:
Hi Guys,

La actualización del gimbal 2.66.1 no la hagáis, no funciona bien. Quedaros con la 2.40 .
Si actualizáis la cámara se volverá loca

Don't do the gimbal update 2.66.1, it doesn't work properly. Stay with 2.40 .
If you update the camera it will go crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
After yesterday's update of my equipment, both the H520 and E90. The E90 goes crazy and spins non-stop 5 minutes after calibrating it, it only stops when I turn off the drone.
In addition, the H520 has compass and accelerometer problems.
Can you help me solve the problem?
Thanks.
Hello,
unfortunately many H520 users experience quite different problems with the OTA updates from January.
You may have a look at this thread and how other people with different "symptoms" tried to resolve the situation:
camera E90

Hello,
unfortunately many H520 users experience quite different problems with the OTA updates from January.
You may have a look at this thread and how other people with different "symptoms" tried to resolve the situation:
camera E90
I would not update the gimbal, the rest is no problem, but the gimbal does not work well with the later update.
I would keep 2.40.3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx