Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the bellyaching going on about problems with the H, much of which I consider normal for a new model release, has anyone checked the P4 forums lately?

With all the bellyaching going on about problems with the H, much of which I consider normal for a new model release, has anyone checked the P4 forums lately?
I'm not sure why that matters. What exactly are you try to say.

I'm a DJI owner too. There sure is a ton of BS on both sides. Its pretty juvenile. Seems everyone is trying to justify their purchase. I am feature guy. Lol I see upsides to both the Phantoms and the H. The only platform I wouldn't consider is 3dr.

The GH4 is not a full frame DSLR. It is a micro 4/3... It is an amazing camera I own 2, but not full frame.
Yup. Just learned that.

This film that we are shooting right now, that I'm line and perimeter producer on is being filmed completely using GH4s, Osmo and an X5 Inspire when obvious.

I should have it Monday. I chose it over the P4.
Not because it is better but because it is different.
It has features I want. I already have a bird that is rock solid and can go miles out. Has waypoint ability a ton of 3rd party applications. Typhoon has different uses. It will fit nicely into my fleet.

I am intrigued though with what DJI is cooking. Inspire 2 is coming. They reduced the cost of the inspire 1 by 35%... That means something is imminent. I won't be returning the H but I will jump on the Inspire 2 if it is priced competitively though.
I wondered if the price was reduced to compete with the Typhoon H. After all the Inspire doesn't have Object Avoidance or motor redundancy.

I wondered if the price was reduced to compete with the Typhoon H. After all the Inspire doesn't have Object Avoidance or motor redundancy.
Having flown a Typhoon H and an Inspire (and I would fly the H for fun over the Inspire), the difference is more than just object avoidance.

It's not even apples and oranges. The Iv2, especially the Raw, x5r is a professional tool and the H can never be a professional tool. Just not possible.

They didn't lower the price to compete with the H, they lowered it because they will announce the Inspire 2 at their next event.

Hey guys, flew today and noticed two things I wanted to share and see if anyone has seen or experienced this.

First, as you see in the photos, when I was doing my preflight inspection, I noticed some separation in the housing where this battery compartment is.

Second, while flying, I would give her some throttle and at about 200 ft, it would not go up anymore...you could here the motors revving as if it was trying put then it would start to drop in altitude. I was in angle mode and it only did this with my first battery, not the second. Maybe it could of been that the battery was close to giving me the warning and it did not have enough juice to climb? I am not sure. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Well you don't have to worry. This 73 year old man will not bother you asses again. I was asked to post. Then get insulted. This is my first drone. And I am glad I have it. Its a shame that people like you screw it for other people
Nomad41, get your *** back on here!, I am a 60 year old fart, and you have to take them with a grain of salt! If you introduce yourself and ease your problem to us, then we will be glad to welcome you and help you feel at home. Understand, we have had a hand full of trolls(Anti Product) people on here lately, so some are very quick to judge and rightly so!. Give em all another chance!

****, that looks like someone(not you) pried at the joint? Also , were you in Smart Mode? as It might have been set at 200' limit , even in Angle Mode!. Have you looked into the GUI and see what your flight limits are set too?

DC, no one has touched my drone but me. I am thinking maybe with putting the battery in and out is causing that issue. I always fly in angle and made sure it was on angle when I was trying to give her throttle. I am on a MAC so unfortunately I do not have the GUI. May need to get a VM machine or bootcamp to install Windows to check it out.

DC, no one has touched my drone but me. I am thinking maybe with putting the battery in and out is causing that issue. I always fly in angle and made sure it was on angle when I was trying to give her throttle. I am on a MAC so unfortunately I do not have the GUI. May need to get a VM machine or bootcamp to install Windows to check it out.
I meant, since you didn't mention a whole lot about the separation, I was thinking it may have come from Yuneec like that? !. Didn't know if it was a new, or just happening issue? But I gather it was not like that when you got it?

Gotcha, honestly this was the first time I noticed it so I can not say if it was like this from day 1 or not. Ive had it for over two weeks now but its no big deal.

Gotcha, honestly this was the first time I noticed it so I can not say if it was like this from day 1 or not. Ive had it for over two weeks now but its no big deal.
Could have a wire caught inbetween the upper and lower body parts which is causing the separation. The fix, if it concerns you, is to just remove the top body part. There is a video on line of it being taken apart... comes apart rather easy.

So I got my Typhoon H on Friday, and this is my first drone. I have many years flying Nitro 3d helicopters though so am comfortable in the air.
On the first flight I just went out in my front yard and tested it out everything seemed to be okay really stable nice video, then I went closer to my house to video my wife on porch and it just started to climb in the air and right into a tree, no stick commands seemed to work. I was able to retrieve it from the tree with only one blade tip damaged. I replaced it and did a quick hover and everything was fine.
Today for my second flight I took it out to a large field and everything once again was super smooth then I noticed it wanted to keep climbing again, I had to fight it to try to get it close to the ground, I had constant downstick on the elevator and it was hardly working. I finally got it close enough to land but the motors were revving to high and it tipped over and broke another blade. I was flying around in angle mode most of the time but tried out smart as well. When I hit the RTH it just wanted to climb so I went back to angle.

This being my first drone, I am not very comfortable with what I have expierenced so far. I don't want to see$1300 fly away!

So I got my Typhoon H on Friday, and this is my first drone. I have many years flying Nitro 3d helicopters though so am comfortable in the air.
On the first flight I just went out in my front yard and tested it out everything seemed to be okay really stable nice video, then I went closer to my house to video my wife on porch and it just started to climb in the air and right into a tree, no stick commands seemed to work. I was able to retrieve it from the tree with only one blade tip damaged. I replaced it and did a quick hover and everything was fine.
Today for my second flight I took it out to a large field and everything once again was super smooth then I noticed it wanted to keep climbing again, I had to fight it to try to get it close to the ground, I had constant downstick on the elevator and it was hardly working. I finally got it close enough to land but the motors were revving to high and it tipped over and broke another blade. I was flying around in angle mode most of the time but tried out smart as well. When I hit the RTH it just wanted to climb so I went back to angle.

This being my first drone, I am not very comfortable with what I have expierenced so far. I don't want to see$1300 fly away!
Do not try the smart mode before you know how it works.
Angle mode is easy to use.

Yeah, so far I don't like smart mode as much as angle.
I just went through and read all the post on this forum and wanted to comment on a few things I have experienced so far. I haven't had any issues with the fan in the controller, or any landing gear issues either. However I only tested the landing gear a couple times, but am flying with it down so far until more comfortable with the H. I have also put it down on ground hard a couple times and do not see an issue with the integrity of the landing gear breaking as some others commented.

Concerning my issues, I realized I have not calibrated the compass yet, I will do it tomorrow and try another test flight.

Also had the motors rev up on a landing.
First flight today..same thing. I did a hover test and noticed H slowly gaining altitude. I decided to end the test and lowered the throttle, but my craft would not descend. I could control yaw and pitch it was just that the H would not descend. I pitched the craft forward and to the side to lose altitude, but once on the ground the motors spun up like it wanted to take off. I killed the engines with the start/stop button. My hands were shaking afterwards. Seriously.

@Dewster--was RTH turned on? (and it was trying to goto home where it was a different position). Unfortunately the ST16 doesn't show modes on the screen (at least it's not EXPLICIT) and since one can still blend in manual joystick commands while it is RTH, that could be the issue. Check your mode switch (and that it's in Angle mode when you land manually--and not Smart mode as well as it could think it's auto takeoff, etc..).

Reactions: raymond captuo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li