Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for an sd card in the st-16 for telemetry. Telemetry files are saved on the device under a folder called flight logs.

Whether you have a card in st-16 or not, the files are recorded in the device itself. you can get the logs out of the device by either attaching the device to a computer with an usb cable and read the contents like any android device or you can copy the files to the sd card and then connect to a sd card reader and get them to your computer. My point is that you don't have to have a sd card in the st-16 when you are flying to have the telemetry recorded.

Reactions: SnowRaven
Whether you have a card in st-16 or not, the files are recorded in the device itself. you can get the logs out of the device by either attaching the device to a computer with an usb cable and read the contents like any android device or you can copy the files to the sd card and then connect to a sd card reader and get them to your computer. My point is that you don't have to have a sd card in the st-16 when you are flying to have the telemetry recorded.
EXACTLY

Reactions: SnowRaven
Sounds like a personal "do" no one on here that has flown them or manual say to do this! , Not to say it would hurt, it's your choice and in my mind you can never do to much for safety!
Landing gear are programmed not to move unless motors are running and off the ground 5 meters, Yuneec states, so have no Idea why you would want to do that if you were not fly. maybe if they did not work after take off? no clue ?

Landing gear are programmed not to move unless motors are running and off the ground 5 meters, Yuneec states, so have no Idea why you would want to do that if you were not fly. maybe if they did not work after take off? no clue ?

Pre Flight test, we do it on our warbirds, I will test every time out as well

Pre Flight test, we do it on our warbirds, I will test every time out as well
I always do a preflight checklist on all my birds to honor my 333, but to check for something that does not function till take off low hover, and force it to function by flipping it upside down proves nothing of it's functionality or worthiness and will remain off my checklist. But like I said, what ever makes each of us happy matters !;)

I need some assistance from someone who can look at their Typhoon H Camera.

I got my Typhoon H today and when I took it out of the box the camera was dangling loosely.

I carefully handled it getting it out - lifting it straight out, but the camera was hanging partially down from its base as I lifted it out of the box.

When I looked into the shipping crate there was a small black plastic washer and a rubber bumper lying in the box still.

I carefully removed the camera from the Typhoon H and looked more closely.

When I looked at the camera mount I could see it was only connected on one corner of the 4 corners of the camera base.
One the end closest to the middle of the TH one corner had a post through a plastic washer and the other corner did not.
On the end nearest the tab that you press down to remove the camera the corner diagonally opposite of the corner that had the post through the washer had a post sticking up from the mount that connects to the TH but was missing the runner bumper and the other corner had the rubber bumper between the 2 parts of the mount but did not have a post sticking through and connecting to a washer.

Can someone tell me if the correct configuration is all 4 corners have a post connecting to a washer or only 2 corners (diagonally opposite) connect up. I carefully put the bumper back onto the post, lined the parts up and was able with difficulty to get the black plastic wash over the end of the post, resulting in 2 corners being connected.

Looking at it with this small repair it really looks like the camera is still too loose, and with only 2 small plastic rods on 2 corners holding the camera on, that seems to be insecure.

PLEASE do not rip me up and spit me out like seems to happen with the Typhoon H online communities I have reviewed. This is my first post here, I am not a troll for DJI, I have a Typhoon H in hand, but seemingly having some shipping damage, and I am hoping some one can help.

Further, I did searches and browsed lots of posts but could not find another report of the issue.

I have flown RC helicopters, planes an small drones for years....I am new here but not to the sport.

I am a bit bummed...,,cannot start to try it out without getting some comfort on the camera mount issue.

They are designed with two posts , set diagonally from each other.
Thanks....wondering if it being apart in the crate could be an issue ... would not want to see the bird flying around with a camera dangling from one post and some wires..

Thanks....wondering if it being apart in the crate could be an issue ... would not want to see the bird flying around with a camera dangling from one post and some wires..
As long as it is intact, put the bellows back on and insert the two clear support pin diagonally and check camera, and you should be good to go !

Thanks all for the help. Out of a abundance of caution I contacted my local dealer and they replaced it no questions / no issues. They already called Yuneec about it to report the shipping issue.

Yuneec is getting the message. Customer service is improving. I had to hire an attorney but they sent me a new H and ST16. They are getting better. I will not buy a new release again. I wait at least six months. But, things are improving.

Yuneec is getting the message. Customer service is improving. I had to hire an attorney but they sent me a new H and ST16. They are getting better. I will not buy a new release again. I wait at least six months. But, things are improving.

What kind of a letter did your attorney draft up? What was asked for specifically?

Sounds like a personal "do" no one on here that has flown them or manual say to do this! , Not to say it would hurt, it's your choice and in my mind you can never do to much for safety!

Actually, I performed the inverted gear test during the first couple of days after receiving mine in May. I wanted to see if they worked and could not swing them when lifting the H by hand. As one that used to fly retractable gear airplanes knowing the gear worked before flight was a critical item I needed to verify.

I just took maiden fly with replacement H and ST16. Wonderful. She looks so beautiful in the air. ST16 is running ST16_system_v03.01.b18. Not going to update firmware until someone gives me a good reason to. Great luck flyers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval