Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One problem Nathan is you needed to do a compass calibration before your first flight! Very important! as the last time it was probably done was thousands of miles away in China! To many people are just out of the box and fly! Then wonder why it will not fly stable or worse crash. The instructions I know are not explicit on this, but it is well known by experienced pilots to "Always" do a first time Compass Calibration!
Secondly, if it was(Not sure) in Smart Mode and you were flying around within 26' of you and the controller, it will either rise up or fly away from you to get to that 26' safety distance and nothing you try will stop it!
Thirdly, If you initiated RTH and you were below 30' up, which seems you were if you were flying toward the patio to film your wife on it, then it is going to raise to 30' altitude and then try to fly back to you, and if the switch is left in Home Mode that is exactly what it will do, with no stick commands, till you switch it out of Home Mode.
Just a word of advise to help you save your $1,300 bucks, READ the manual till it is second nature, watch video's on how too's! and do the recommended pre- flight checks and calibrations!;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussaguy
One problem Nathan is you needed to do a compass calibration before your first flight! Very important! as the last time it was probably done was thousands of miles away in China! To many people are just out of the box and fly! Then wonder why it will not fly stable or worse crash. The instructions I know are not explicit on this, but it is well known by experienced pilots to "Always" do a first time Compass Calibration!
Secondly, if it was(Not sure) in Smart Mode and you were flying around within 26' of you and the controller, it will either rise up or fly away from you to get to that 26' safety distance and nothing you try will stop it!
Thirdly, If you initiated RTH and you were below 30' up, which seems you were if you were flying toward the patio to film your wife on it, then it is going to raise to 30' altitude and then try to fly back to you, and if the switch is left in Home Mode that is exactly what it will do, with no stick commands, till you switch it out of Home Mode.
Just a word of advise to help you save your $1,300 bucks, READ the manual till it is second nature, watch video's on how too's! and do the recommended pre- flight checks and calibrations!;)

I'm glad i bought the q500 before the H came. It got me used to some of Yuneec's differences from what i was used to with the phantoms. I think the Q's make good trainers!

Make sure you also do an IMU/accelerometer calibration as well and not just a GPS calibration.

My understanding is that the IMU/accelerometer calibration is what keeps your bird "stable" in both the lateral and horizontal axises... so that it doesn't wander in those directions.

With my first quad, a QX350 it was coming fast and I've had to switch it form RTH to manual mode as I believed it would hit way too hard on landing. So one time I did let it land on its own. And as I thought way too fast.. It cracked the leg. Someone asked if I had done an accelerometer calibration. I had not. After doing so. It was able to land on its own without attempting to smash itself into the ground...

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom
Yup. Just learned that.

This film that we are shooting right now, that I'm line and perimeter producer on is being filmed completely using GH4s, Osmo and an X5 Inspire when obvious.

That's awesome

Reactions: Jussaguy
FYI, Yuneec had me send the H back for repair/replace, now the waiting game until I get it back since I live on the east coast
Guys I Stand corrected on the B3 and B4. Don't adjust them. In typical Yuneec mind set you will find J1 and B1 are tied togeather and if you try to adjust them your TH red button will not work on the ST 16. It will tye all four button togeather

I wondered if the price was reduced to compete with the Typhoon H. After all the Inspire doesn't have Object Avoidance or motor redundancy.
No I don't think that's how DJI operates. They have a track record of reducing prices before product release. The inspire has been out a year that is the normal life cycle for DJI. They will put out the I2. Competition is great gets better products for us.

Did you crash it.. Or was it a defect.. If you caused it you should pay. If it's a defect under warranty Yuneec should pay.

Okay I have good news!!
I was able to finally get a good compass calibration, took about 13 tries, but I got the green light on the H letting me know it was successful. I also calibrated the accelometer as well.
I flew it strictly in angle mode and everything worked great, no more drifting, wanting to constantly climb or having a hard time landing. I was able to gently lower it to ground and it automatically idled down after 2 seconds.
I kept this flight to about 50 ft, and will steadily increase it more with each flight. I also tested out the obstacle avoidance and it worked great. I should also say I was flying in about 20 mph winds without a hitch. Also not sure how long my flight was but I flew till battery on st16 said 14.4v, I did not get a low battery alarm either.

I strongly believe that the quick start guide should state that you should first perform these calibrations first as it sounds like others were having some of the same issues I had.

I do have a question, what is the aux/b2 button for?

Yes, the H is very sensitive to its electronics. I was having the same problems until I got a good compass calibration, then it was solid. About the 5th flight, it again started acting funny, so I did another compass calibration and it was good to go. It seems it needs this more than my Phantoms do. So far, anyway.

Reactions: GhostGuy
Hello, all from Wisconsin,

My Typhoon H arrives UPS today (Between 2 and 6pm) I Purchased from B&H as they have a 30 day return policy

Hoping this is wave 3. o_O / I fly RC Gas Giant Scale so I know what I am getting into

So I have read all 20 pages so far... :confused: reminds me of trying to land my first plane without puking! :eek:

Am I missing anything

Charge Battery and controller
Push Battery hard so it is locked in place
Install SD card into ST-12 for telemetry in case of fault
Calibrate Compass
IMU/accelerometer calibration
GPS calibration.
Flip upside down and test gear
10 flights at safe altitude to work out bugs

Then First flight in large open space (have an AMA flying field)

Let me know what I am missing? (do not have a manual as of yet to read)

Last edited:
Where did you get the "flip upside down and test gear" never heard of that?
Take of and land with Obstacle Avoidance off
Do Not take off and land inside 26' of you/controller in Smart Mode, best to fly in Angle Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430