Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that was quick.

I'm in Canada and it's not so quick. I called Yuneec on Friday, they gave me an RA number & were supposed to provide a shipping label. Monday came (today), still nothing. Called/emailed and I have a feeling that I'll be calling again. I think they are just a bit confused on how to send and retrieve stuff from Canada with a carrier.
I had the same issue. It took them 5 days for them to print me a shipping label and send it to me(and I live in California, if that matters). They claimed they had an Issue with ups on monday and eventually by Friday i got it.

Ok. I sent it Friday and they received it today. hahaha Im just super anxious on getting it back. Did they send you an email or anything? or did you just call them?
I had first emailed Tim who forwarded to Mike and then I called Mike and then he emailed me RMA and label. Gave them top reviews on survey today. This rig works great, lands like a feather instead of a wild horse, LOL

I had the same issue. It took them 5 days for them to print me a shipping label and send it to me(and I live in California, if that matters). They claimed they had an Issue with ups on monday and eventually by Friday i got it.
I received the same story today. Hmmmmmm

My UPS label came late on the same day as I had called, about 8 hours after I had talked to them.

Hello i have got my TH too....and that is my short report

The Concept of this Drone is great, I love the foldable arms, moving landing Gear, and the ST16 Design is good too
Camera and Gimbal works good and stable

- ST16 have a rollin thing in it... my Shop-Seller open it next day and "Surpise" the fan was loose position... he put it back on motor
- Boot and binding the cam/Copter/ST16 is over 5min here
- No Beep when all is binded
- No Setting for RTH-height... its fixed to the 10m
- Battery shows only Volts in summary...no loadcycles, or cells or % of Full
- Screen in sunshine is to dark...in shadow not perfect
- First Flight GPS-Hold make slow circles and don't hold the position perfect
- A little latency of controlling the flight
- Landing Gear don't works (only one moves 1cm)
- After Props balanced, I have seen the Landing Gear is very shaky, but where comes the vibrance? But the picture was stable - not shaky
- NFZ not able to disarmed (i have flight license and want work with it)
- No Log-Book or App for Log-Data inside...you need to export it to EXMAPS which costs with full functionality
- Not possible to turn off front-lights for flights in lo lights
- the arm click mechanic a mix of plastic and metal...hopefully it holds long time
- No control LEDs on the battery for checking the Load
- for Flight Boundaries i need the GUI on PC, why not on the ST16?
- Gains and Brakes on ST16 for Flight-Cntroller doesn't exist for advanced used

so mine is on way back to YUNEEC and i wait for new one, where the Landing Gear works, hopefully with a new fan inside
and i hope they work hard on updates and listen to their clients

Reactions: aqua
haven't find out, because i have send my TH fast back to YUNEEC. But i have get this informations form YUNEEC its possible. i don't know where to find the data...Maybe if you use the tablet function in your ST16 you can upload data with browser directly to this Webservice. Otherwise you have to find and put the Data on the MicroSD and send with your Computer to EXMAPS

Hello i have got my TH too....and that is my short report

The Concept of this Drone is great, I love the foldable arms, moving landing Gear, and the ST16 Design is good too
Camera and Gimbal works good and stable

- ST16 have a rollin thing in it... my Shop-Seller open it next day and "Surpise" the fan was loose position... he put it back on motor
- Boot and binding the cam/Copter/ST16 is over 5min here
- No Beep when all is binded
- No Setting for RTH-height... its fixed to the 10m
- Battery shows only Volts in summary...no loadcycles, or cells or % of Full
- Screen in sunshine is to dark...in shadow not perfect
- First Flight GPS-Hold make slow circles and don't hold the position perfect
- A little latency of controlling the flight
- Landing Gear don't works (only one moves 1cm)
- After Props balanced, I have seen the Landing Gear is very shaky, but where comes the vibrance? But the picture was stable - not shaky
- NFZ not able to disarmed (i have flight license and want work with it)
- No Log-Book or App for Log-Data inside...you need to export it to EXMAPS which costs with full functionality
- Not possible to turn off front-lights for flights in lo lights
- the arm click mechanic a mix of plastic and metal...hopefully it holds long time
- No control LEDs on the battery for checking the Load
- for Flight Boundaries i need the GUI on PC, why not on the ST16?
- Gains and Brakes on ST16 for Flight-Cntroller doesn't exist for advanced used

so mine is on way back to YUNEEC and i wait for new one, where the Landing Gear works, hopefully with a new fan inside
and i hope they work hard on updates and listen to their clients
Seems we have been spoiled rotten by our Phantoms having so much more available data and settings control. I've read enough to question getting this bird. I placed order with Amazon on April 12th, last I saw a few days ago was scheduled for May 27 - June 3rd. So I figured today I would go ahead and cancel my order. Signed on to Amazon................. it shipped today!! So I need to decide if I want to open her up day after tomorrow or send her back. It's like most choices in women.............. beauty over brains?! Or wait for a smarter girl that is still cute?! Decisions decisions!! I'll probably not be able to resist her once she's in the same room with me. I'm so **** easy!

Seems we have been spoiled rotten by our Phantoms having so much more available data and settings control. I've read enough to question getting this bird. I placed order with Amazon on April 12th, last I saw a few days ago was scheduled for May 27 - June 3rd. So I figured today I would go ahead and cancel my order. Signed on to Amazon................. it shipped today!! So I need to decide if I want to open her up day after tomorrow or send her back. It's like most choices in women.............. beauty over brains?! Or wait for a smarter girl that is still cute?! Decisions decisions!! I'll probably not be able to resist her once she's in the same room with me. I'm so **** easy!

At the flying field this last week the P4 pilots have been impressed with the YT-H (multi-operator mode, hex, retracts, ST16 with built-in monitor, looks like a professional piece of gear) and I've had similar thoughts about the Phantom (3rd party apps, availability of accessories, follow mode without wizard, GPS lock seems more precise.)

It's possible I'll get a P4 or more likely the P5 or 6. The DJI pilots at my field are thrilled with the existence of the YT-H. Even if they don't buy one, it's going to force DJI to develop better systems more quickly. DJI will have to offer drones with the higher-end features like on the Inspire at the Phantom/Typhoon price point.

I know the idea of competition isn't new, but I don't get the on-line animosity and am pleased it doesn't seem to exist in the real world.

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
We're on the same boat my friend LOL

My UPS label came late on the same day as I had called, about 8 hours after I had talked to them.
Yup, that should be the norm according to Yuncee. But when it doesn't arrive... then the problem is that it becomes a UPS problem, out of their hands.

When I called last Monday to send my crashed H in they told me that their goal was a 7 day turnaround but to give them maybe 10 days. I shipped it back the next day and they sent me a replacement the following day and I had that on Friday which was great. Not sure when they decide to repair vs. replace. I would suggest calling customer support if they've already had it for a couple of days to get a estimate of time needed.

Some confusion on my end that I hope you can clear up. When you sent your Typhoon back to Yuneec USA did you send them everything or just the drone?

I asked Yuneec if I should hang onto the Wizard, since it was an extra, and they said yes. When I read the RMA email, it says to only return the broken/defective items. What do you send back to them?

I would fly it just to see how you like it, you know you can't resist. lol

But I am in the same boat as you, I am seeing more negatives than positive so far, it just does not
seem as polished and sophisticated as the Phantoms.

It has a lot of eye candy with the hex, 360 camera and landing gear but that is where it ends.

I wanted one but am becoming less interested day by day.
You forgot to mention the GCS.

Hex (proven to fly on 5 motors), 360 camera, landing gear, GCS. It's meant to be a stable camera platform for pilots flown by pilots for a reasonable price. That's why I bought the H.

The Phantoms have had more problems than any MR on the market. They've had 4+ iterations of the same model and each one repeated with the same problems as the previous, not unlike the Ford Model A, and didn't have a working mission planner until only recently, but you'd swear DJI invented autonomous flight. Spline waypoints was only a dream. Cracking arms, untold numbers of flyaways, falling out of the sky.....the list is long. During this time DJI denied there were any problems. Endless updates, and not to mention Big Brother data tracking, the "GEO" system, mandatory internet "self authorization" and social media links to your flight location (oops).

These flying robots are complicated machines. I didn't expect to not have problems. What DJI has been very successful at is hiring several Oompa Loompa's to monitor various forums and downplay all the issues they've had, then infiltrate competitors threads and trash them. Now they have a problem, and went as far as filing a lawsuit for patent infringement on technology they did not invent in the hopes that Yuneec would be prevented from even selling the H.

Unlike many others, I expected to have issues with a new model. I also expect them to be resolved.

Reactions: n3srj
Some confusion on my end that I hope you can clear up. When you sent your Typhoon back to Yuneec USA did you send them everything or just the drone?

I asked Yuneec if I should hang onto the Wizard, since it was an extra, and they said yes. When I read the RMA email, it says to only return the broken/defective items. What do you send back to them?
They had me send everything back just as I had received it and I received a new kit replacement with the wizard.

I would fly it just to see how you like it, you know you can't resist. lol

But I am in the same boat as you, I am seeing more negatives than positive so far, it just does not
seem as polished and sophisticated as the Phantoms.

It has a lot of eye candy with the hex, 360 camera and landing gear but that is where it ends.

I wanted one but am becoming less interested day by day.

I am feeling the same way. I had a Phantom 4 for a few weeks I purchased at the Apple Store that flew great. No issues. When I found out about the H in late March, during my 2 week return period, I returned the Phantom 4 to Apple because reliability and failsafe built in redundancy was very important to me. Being able to lose a motor and not crash was a big selling factor to me for the H. But I don't want to have to be worrying every minute I am flying the H that I will have a flyaway or lose signal and have it fly into the trees. I haven't cancelled my order yet but I am very close to it.

I think the GCS is it's weak link at this point because we are dependent on Yuneec
with a closed system.

And your talking in the past, Yuneec still has to go where DJI has been.

DJI has had problems, there also the most popular and successful drone flown
by hobbyist and commercial pilots alike with sales that dwarf Yuneec.

Half the people on this forum are DJI owners looking for a different experience
and we should all tell it like it is and not blow smoke.

DJI is the drone to beat and that is why we are here.

If you go to the Phantom forums there is little to no talk about the H because
its not considered a contender yet.

And accusing DJI of a smear campaign is crazy. But if it were true I can guarantee
Yuneec would do the same.

The lawsuit was for Yuneec's camera hand unit that was almost an exact copy and
patent infringement on the DJI OSMO device.
You probably won't see Yuneec sell that in the future.

I wish all the best to Yuneec and there endeavor to create there own drone.

Moderators here seem to have a handle on keeping the discussion on topic. DJI sycophants are used to controlling the narrative in non-DJI threads at RCG. That's why I started a moderated thread titled "Official Yuneec Typhoon H Owner's Thread" on RCG. It took several weeks and hundreds of deleted posts to finally get it through their thick skulls they will not do to Yuneec owners what they did to the unmoderated 3DR Solo thread. You have no idea how chaotic it was until they came to grips with I wasn't going to budge no matter how much name calling and howling they did. Many there have thanked me for taking a stand. It was suggested my blog would be aggressively attacked and shut down. They said I don't understand how a "discussion" is supposed to work. Their idea of discussion is to control it; overwhelm with pro-DJI propaganda.

I was interested in the P4 until the GEO and other data collecting schemes were exposed. One lie after another from *** reps. We were called tin foil hats and crazy. In the end it all turned out to be true. *** will turn over the data they collect when asked for by "the authorities". It goes way beyond NFZ limits.

There is little talk about the H on the P4 threads because their MO is to go to competitor threads and wreck them. Personally I don't care who buys what, but when I post a question the last person I want answering it is someone who knows nothing about the product and whose intention is to trash it.

Last edited:
Moderators here seem to have a handle on keeping the discussion on topic. DJI sycophants are used to controlling the narrative in non-DJI threads at RCG. That's why I started a moderated thread titled "Official Yuneec Typhoon H Owner's Thread" on RCG. It took several weeks and hundreds of deleted posts to finally get it through their thick skulls they will not do to Yuneec owners what they did to the unmoderated 3DR Solo thread. You have no idea how chaotic it was until they came to grips with I wasn't going to budge no matter how much name calling and howling they did. Many there have thanked me for taking a stand. It was suggested my blog would be aggressively attacked and shut down. They said I don't understand how a "discussion" is supposed to work. Their idea of discussion is to control it; overwhelm with pro-DJI propaganda.

I was interested in the P4 until the GEO and other data collecting schemes were exposed. One lie after another from *** reps. We were called tin foil hats and crazy. In the end it all turned out to be true. *** will turn over the data they collect when asked for by "the authorities". It goes way beyond NFZ limits.

There is little talk about the H on the P4 threads because their MO is to go to competitor threads and wreck them. Personally I don't care who buys what, but when I post a question the last person I want answering it is someone who knows nothing about the product and whose intention is to trash it.

You have a paranoia problem my friend, wish u all the best.

Last edited:
You forgot to mention the GCS.

Hex (proven to fly on 5 motors), 360 camera, landing gear, GCS. It's meant to be a stable camera platform for pilots flown by pilots for a reasonable price. That's why I bought the H.

The Phantoms have had more problems than any MR on the market. They've had 4+ iterations of the same model and each one repeated with the same problems as the previous, not unlike the Ford Model A, and didn't have a working mission planner until only recently, but you'd swear DJI invented autonomous flight. Spline waypoints was only a dream. Cracking arms, untold numbers of flyaways, falling out of the sky.....the list is long. During this time DJI denied there were any problems. Endless updates, and not to mention Big Brother data tracking, the "GEO" system, mandatory internet "self authorization" and social media links to your flight location (oops).

These flying robots are complicated machines. I didn't expect to not have problems. What DJI has been very successful at is hiring several Oompa Loompa's to monitor various forums and downplay all the issues they've had, then infiltrate competitors threads and trash them. Now they have a problem, and went as far as filing a lawsuit for patent infringement on technology they did not invent in the hopes that Yuneec would be prevented from even selling the H.

Unlike many others, I expected to have issues with a new model. I also expect them to be resolved.

Well said and well spoken Glider..I'm in agreement.. I had 6 phantoms in a span of 2 years..It would take something great to get my back on that side..:rolleyes:

You have a paranoia problem my friend, wish u all the best.

Hmm. Similar things were said on my blog by trolls; paranoid, mean, bull headed, ridgid, fanboy, not a nice person and other terms I forget. It has been quiet and peaceful there for over a weak now. Posts such as yours would be deleted and classified as flatulence.

Don't draw first blood and I'm pretty easy going and respect anyone's decision on their purchase. Just don't try to convince me I made the wrong decision. Yuneec was not even on the radar because I considered it a weakling compared to my Arducopter stuff, but once I looked at the big picture, for a camera platform there is no need for full mission planning in 90% of cases. Nor is there a need for 10+ flight modes.

I don't like trolls. You are a troll.

Has anyone ran into the issue at startup that says camera failed to initialize but still comes on, takes photos and video fine? Happened to me today and in mid flight my image froze. Bought her down restarted everything got a black screen on the ST-16. Turned everything off waited a bit restarted and everything worked fine. It's not the first time I see the camera failed to initialize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge