Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Professional use of Typhoon H?

You are aware that this year Yuneec will roll out a craft that falls between the H and H920?
Oh God, I didn't need to read that now....back my H goes for sure until this thing comes out and is reviewed. This is fairly reliable info ?

You are aware that this year Yuneec will roll out a craft that falls between the H and H920?
Any idea of the timing, got another month before the pro is out. Might switch up my preorder if an announcement/specs come soon.

You know guys Yuneec has the H920 and it carries better cameras. It is about 2x the price of our beloved TH. I wonder who is making the camera upgrade for TH.. I'll bet you it will be $1000 for a price point. Maybe it will fit on all their platforms. I would pay $500 for one and it doesn't need to be a ball.

You know guys Yuneec has the H920 and it carries better cameras. It is about 2x the price of our beloved TH. I wonder who is making the camera upgrade for TH.. I'll bet you it will be $1000 for a price point. Maybe it will fit on all their platforms. I would pay $500 for one and it doesn't need to be a ball.
There seem to be complains on the H920 forum on this site, about it not having as many features as the H, like CCC, at it's price point someother competitors models seems like a much better proposal for the same money.

Last edited:
The way I see it, Yuneec has concentrated all their efforts on the lower cost wise TH and the H920 has suffered. Kinda like putting all your eggs in one basket. There was a rush to get TH out before it was really ready. Now we have been waiting on the Realsense module and they are putting TH pro out rather than taking care of us. This could come back and bite them in the ask me no questions. I am a loyal Yuneec uav owner. Take care of me first. I will be here when the other Johnny come latelys are gone.

Reactions: banned user
The way I see it, Yuneec has concentrated all their efforts on the lower cost wise TH and the H920 has suffered. Kinda like putting all your eggs in one basket. There was a rush to get TH out before it was really ready. Now we have been waiting on the Realsense module and they are putting TH pro out rather than taking care of us. This could come back and bite them in the ask me no questions. I am a loyal Yuneec uav owner. Take care of me first. I will be here when the other Johnny come latelys are gone.

I totally agree with you there, if they want to keep their loyal customers they need to stop their cloak & dagger tactics and look after their loyal customer base first, they drastically need to keep to their availability dates that they put out, and to stop keeping their loyal customers on a bit of string with empty promises whilst we all still wait patiently.

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom
Amen brother, we are all still here and we wait.

Reactions: Sparkorc

I'd rather take an hour and adjust the focus with what I've got. I keep reading this stuff about the need for a 100mb/s bit rate and wonder just what the heck they are going to record that to. The vast majority of the best cards out there handle between 80-95mb/s.

You idea of professional level video and mine are different and your "clients" have low expectations.
Glad to know your psychic and sorry you have a "bum" CGO3+, because with normal manual adjustments , mine is just fine! for the "professional" work "I" do , and my clients receive ! So sorry for yours:(
If you are a "BIG" movie cinematographer, what are you doing with an H ? I use mine for farm/ranch mapping and 3D imaging, and it serves the purpose well! If I was filming professionally for a movie set, I definitely would not be using a H. So to judge what my clients and I feel are good quality work, may not suit your "caviar" slurping clients! Different strokes for different folks !;)

Last edited:
I'd rather take an hour and adjust the focus with what I've got. I keep reading this stuff about the need for a 100mb/s bit rate and wonder just what the heck they are going to record that to. The vast majority of the best cards out there handle between 80-95mb/s.

I agree PatR. I think a bit of care to focus properly is the first move. I don't really understand why camera focus is so variable from unit to unit. Surely the factory would have this as a priority to get right. Still pleased with my H.

Reactions: DroneClone
The H can be considered prosumer drone. It is a consumer, hobby level drone that can be used for some professional applications. Indy Film making which is why I bought it, commercial work, surveying land and structures etc...

If you require a truly professional level results air vehicle then you need a drone that can support a 3rd party camera. You should be looking into something like the Tornado H920 that can support a Panasoinc GH4. Or some other drone.

That is what I originally wanted but it was way beyond what I wanted to spend.

You cannot complain about the H and professional use when NO high end professional would use it for feature films etc... It is not at that level and never claimed to be no matter if they use the word "pro!"

The Tornado is $3500 not counting the camera/gimbal you put on it.

However the H can produce some amazing video, if the camera is focused of course i:)i

Sheesh you are getting a drone that can do amazing things at a hobby price point. What more do you want?

I always keep in mind that we are getting the drone and the ST16. While not perfect the ST16 works really well and that alone would cost hundreds extra. The DJI platforms don't even have the tablet part, you have to supply that separately adding more to the cost.

The H is amazing for the money but you need to spend more and use your own camera to get "professional" results.

Reactions: Rayray and yuneec53
I agree PatR. I think a bit of care to focus properly is the first move. I don't really understand why camera focus is so variable from unit to unit. Surely the factory would have this as a priority to get right. Still pleased with my H.
M-mount to CMOS sensor misalignment.

Anyone who thinks a GoPro is in any way suitable for aerial photography/videography cannot be taken seriously. Not at all what the camera was ever intended for, it's a good robust sports camera, that's it !!

Anyone who thinks a GoPro is in any way suitable for aerial photography/videography cannot be taken seriously. Not at all what the camera was ever intended for, it's a good robust sports camera, that's it !!
Count me in. I have used a GoPro Hero4 on a DJI-P2 with H4-3D gimbal on several regional television commericals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval