Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop balancing, what found.

Reaction score
So I started balancing my props using the recommended dubro balancer and the balancer would work some times and other times you could static electricity causing errors. I could put my hand about 6 inches from a blade and it would move. I switched back to the cheap magnetic balancer and it worked great. Got this one from hobby king cheap.
My results after balancing 22 props.
"A" props always heavy on the side with the "A".
"B" props 95% heavy on the side without the "B".
1 prop balanced fine.
The amount out of balance was completely random.

Reactions: Rayray
Very interesting...The letter A adds weight, but the letter B removes weight.

What did you decide to do, BL, re-balance 6 and try them?

Very interesting...The letter A adds weight, but the letter B removes weight.

What did you decide to do, BL, re-balance 6 and try them?
Yes I'm going to fly soon and see if balanced props and a gimbal calibration helped. If not I will be sending it in.

Tell me about it. I had two extra batteries, three neutral density filters, color-coded covers for the toggle switches on the ST16, and a Peau lens before I picked up my THP today. :D

Tell me about it. I had two extra batteries, three neutral density filters, color-coded covers for the toggle switches on the ST16, and a Peau lens before I picked up my THP today. :D
Tell me about the colored switch covers please.
I have thought about getting a flip cover for the start/stop button so it cannot be pressed on accident.
I have not decided on a lens or not yet. Once I have the gimbal fixed we will see how sharp it is.

These are the switch covers :

04955 Softtouch rubber cover for VControl switches

I coded the landing gear switch yellow, and the flight mode and obstacle avoidance switches red. Every other switch is black.

I bought the Peau lens on a whim during their Fourth Of July sale. I have no idea yet of the quality of my camera or whether I will use the Peau.

Reactions: Skypicswa
So I started balancing my props using the recommended dubro balancer and the balancer would work some times and other times you could static electricity causing errors. I could put my hand about 6 inches from a blade and it would move. I switched back to the cheap magnetic balancer and it worked great. Got this one from hobby king cheap.
My results after balancing 22 props.
"A" props always heavy on the side with the "A".
"B" props 95% heavy on the side without the "B".
1 prop balanced fine.
The amount out of balance was completely random.
So how does the H prop attach to the balancing rod? Do you have a link for a balancer that works with the H?

These are the switch covers :

04955 Softtouch rubber cover for VControl switches

I coded the landing gear switch yellow, and the flight mode and obstacle avoidance switches red. Every other switch is black.

I bought the Peau lens on a whim during their Fourth Of July sale. I have no idea yet of the quality of my camera or whether I will use the Peau.
Love the switch rubbers. Shame you have to buy a lens before you have the bird. I'm sending my camera back.

I posted this video a week ago to answer these questions, it seems to get buried. I apologize for the focus, but the info is all there....

Thanks for the balancing video. The upper posts indicate the heavy side of the blade have the letter A or B on them. Have you tried lightly sanding the letters off to see if that is enough to balance the blade? This would also prevent the need for the tape. I have also seen other videos where they lightly sand the end of the blade to balance. What are your thoughts on this virsus using tape? Thanks

Having used several APC props I have used their recommendation for properly centering the prop for balance, and verified using our balance equipment at work.
See here APC Propellers

I check the H props similarly although it isn't known if the outer hole is precision located. Personally I don't balance between centers.

EDIT: When using the same method as for APC props, I found the H props were very well balanced.

Last edited:
Tell me about the colored switch covers please.
I have thought about getting a flip cover for the start/stop button so it cannot be pressed on accident.
I have not decided on a lens or not yet. Once I have the gimbal fixed we will see how sharp it is.

Be careful when buying a flip cover for the start/stop button. I tried to use the one I bought for my Q-500 and it is not tall enough and could actually shut the H off when you flip it down.

What is the results after balancing props ?...........I don't think there is an issue with the props on the TH PRO, mine fly's GREAT with no vibrations and is very very stable.

Reactions: abinder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis