Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop balancing

Reaction score
Have flown RC aircraft for years but just got into drones.
Rule with RC : never fly a new prop with out balancing.
I cannot find in my literature,for the Q500 Typhoon 4K, anything about balancing props. I am using stock Yuneec props.
My question, should there concern about prop balancing? My prop balancer is a DuBro but the shaft is not made to accommodate these Q500 props.
Thanks for listening, Ken Hood, Louisville,KY

Have flown RC aircraft for years but just got into drones.
Rule with RC : never fly a new prop with out balancing.
I cannot find in my literature,for the Q500 Typhoon 4K, anything about balancing props. I am using stock Yuneec props.
My question, should there concern about prop balancing? My prop balancer is a DuBro but the shaft is not made to accommodate these Q500 props.
Thanks for listening, Ken Hood, Louisville,KY
Carolina Dronz has a balancing rod for these props. There are two types: aluminum and carbon fiber. Avoid the aluminum shaft. I've found that resting the rod on top of a tall water glass works better than the DuBro. The factory balance is pretty good, but I have still added cellophane tape to the bottom side of the blades to balance them.

Reactions: gwhuntoon
Carolina Dronz has a balancing rod for these props. There are two types: aluminum and carbon fiber. Avoid the aluminum shaft. I've found that resting the rod on top of a tall water glass works better than the DuBro. The factory balance is pretty good, but I have still added cellophane tape to the bottom side of the blades to balance them.

Thanks for your comment. I called yuneec yesterday and was told that yuneec blades did not need balancing.

Thanks for your comment. I called yuneec yesterday and was told that yuneec blades did not need balancing.
Hmm.....well that's a matter of opinion. I find about 2 out of 10 blades in perfect balance. The reason I keep them balanced well is to reduce jello in the video. I watch the landing gear while in hover to get an idea about how much vibration is getting to the camera.

Reactions: chimpax
Steve, I can't find the 8mm shaft at Carolina, only at DuBro and then only in aluminum. What would the advantage be to a carbon fiber shaft, and where can it be found?
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop