Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

prop guards on ebay

Reaction score
Reactions: clackey
Key word - "Shipping", that means a big boat with 400 cargo containers on board from Hong Kong. Ever hear the term "Slow Boat from China"o_O. I ordered some as well, and looking for them in a few weeks [maybe]. I'll have my home built ones done by then.

believe it or not, i purchased these from china on 12/17/15...received them 12/26/15...only 9 days china to vermont!

Key word - "Shipping", that means a big boat with 400 cargo containers on board from Hong Kong. Ever hear the term "Slow Boat from China"o_O. I ordered some as well, and looking for them in a few weeks [maybe]. I'll have my home built ones done by then.

Shipping with a boat is much too expensive for the chinese. It comes only in a bottle.

Ordered 11th received 23rd from amazon . Good fit and easy. Have used once when a bit windy does need bit more pilot control

I'm on my 4th set of props, not the birds fault, was my own with exception of the 2nd set, return to home sucks, it won't get any where close to take off point, just in a circle somewhere within 15 or so feet, lesson learned. Other props I destroyed was me trying to maneuver in close spaces in windy conditions. I'm extremely confident in my piloting abilities with this bird now so there shouldn't be any more replacement props for a very long time.

Reactions: pownalite
I'm on my 4th set of props, not the birds fault, was my own with exception of the 2nd set, return to home sucks, it won't get any where close to take off point, just in a circle somewhere within 15 or so feet, lesson learned. Other props I destroyed was me trying to maneuver in close spaces in windy conditions. I'm extremely confident in my piloting abilities with this bird now so there shouldn't be any more replacement props for a very long time.
i have put my drone into home mode but have taken over before it got really close to land...and just landed it myself. i get nervous thinking i am letting it land itself just to see if i can trust it.

i have put my drone into home mode but have taken over before it got really close to land...and just landed it myself. i get nervous thinking i am letting it land itself just to see if i can trust it.

Same here, I'll put it in home mode until it gets about 20' or so above me then I take over. I take off and land in a typical suburban back yard, in an open field I would let it land.

To stay out of tree branches, one could also make a bow shaped piece of carbon rod to attach the sides so that a guard that encircles the blades completely, and will keep anything from entering the sides. Just my thoughts.

Don't believe in protecting from branches. You will lost your copter ;)

That's very good, thanks for the tip! Anyone knows if there are some prop on the spare part market that are not so expensive or carbon props that wouldn't break so easily??

There are carbon props but some people are having issues due to the dynamics that change with faster or more efficient props.

I would rather snap a set of props and allow the motors to free up then to use props that don't break away and possibly damage the bird itself.

Think of the rear view mirrors in your car, the are design the break away to prevent deeper damage...

I bought a set of those prop guards from ebay and I snapped them on. They seem to be able to be bent upwards very easily which would hit the propeller. I might try anchoring them with some fishing line or something to keep them from bending upwards.

There are carbon props but some people are having issues due to the dynamics that change with faster or more efficient props.

I would rather snap a set of props and allow the motors to free up then to use props that don't break away and possibly damage the bird itself.

Think of the rear view mirrors in your car, the are design the break away to prevent deeper damage...[/QUOTE

Hi,

I get that, but think of all the printers companies, they sell cheap printers and hamer you on the consumable, I think Yuneec are making good money out of the props...
Carbon props that don't break so easily or adaptable props that would be much cheaper, if you have any tips or links, I'm in!
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval