Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Props.

Reaction score
Hi Folks. I contacted a seller on Aliexpress about a set of props he was selling for €13. Obviously they were not original at that price but I asked him if they were. I came clean and even though they had the Yunnec mark on them he said they were not but pointed me to set he claimed were. I went ahead and purchased the set he showed me and they arrived today. Comparing them to an original set, and I can see no difference. I will swap out the original set with these in due course, and let ye know how they go.Chinese on the left, original one on the right.
Alliexpress store

Very close copy. The usual test is to bend them, originals snap and fake bend, the original one snap to help minimise damage.

Reactions: MartinC
I also have such replacements. They are much softer than the original Yuneec.
I do not use them.

Personally I wouldn't use anything except Yuneec ones. Luckily I've been buying up stock from shops cheap not stocking Yuneec copters anymore.

Hi Folks. I contacted a seller on Aliexpress about a set of props he was selling for €13. Obviously they were not original at that price but I asked him if they were. I came clean and even though they had the Yunnec mark on them he said they were not but pointed me to set he claimed were. I went ahead and purchased the set he showed me and they arrived today. Comparing them to an original set, and I can see no difference. I will swap out the original set with these in due course, and let ye know how they go.Chinese on the left, original one on the right.
View attachment 17742
Alliexpress store

You may want to slightly
Flex them with your fingers to feel the difference.
Keith

Thanks all. I will try and flex a black one and see how it goes. I will video it and if it's a case the are fake, I will let ye know and also contact Aliexpress in relation to claiming back what I paid.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Hi All. I done the flex test on these blades I got from the Ali Express retailer and it snapped. I have a video of the test if anyone wants to see it it.20190726_122940.jpg

Hi All. I done the flex test on these blades I got from the Ali Express retailer and it snapped. I have a video of the test if anyone wants to see it it.View attachment 17767
Looks like it's a good prop then...er...pity it's broke now:oops:

Thanks all. I will try and flex a black one and see how it goes. I will video it and if it's a case the are fake, I will let ye know and also contact Aliexpress in relation to claiming back what I paid.

I had a set of non OEM
I could tell by flexing the blade they were thinner.

Better a broken prop than a broken copter, seconds to remedy v hours,days or weeks.
Yup. Considering they were 26€ for a pack of six, I think one broken prop for peace of mind is a good trade off.

Another good test is checking the balancing. From my experience the faked once are usually not balanced at all, while the Yuneec propeller are quiet good.

From my experience I cannot recommand using fake propellers. I tried it as well, which resulted in a crash destroying my entire CGO3+. What happened was that one propeller (back right) broke mid air and flew into the back left propeller, which also lost one blade. Having only one blade left in the back the lift was insuffiecient and the whole copter descented quiet fast. Not free fall but fast enough to basically destroy the entire camera.

Check the bottom of the prop where the blade meets the hub. I also had a set of cheap chinese ones and the nearly caused crashing my copter.
In this video I show you how the hubs compare to the originals.

Check the bottom of the prop where the blade meets the hub. I also had a set of cheap chinese ones and the nearly caused crashing my copter.
In this video I show you how the hubs compare to the originals.

Thank you for that Crazy Crow. I checked the caracteristics of the ones I got to the original ones that came with the drone and they are looking the same. I might also note that the ones I got from the Aliexpress store have the Yunnec logo on them.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
costimarcos