Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Purple light flashes 3x then off even tho transmitter screen shows satellites acquired.

[QUOTE="Now this is measuring GPS signal but I am measuring this in my house

Yeah, that looks bad. The screenshot in the earlier post was from a center room inside my house. This looks like a cut wire on the GPS module, or just a bad module in general.

Did you open the shell to look for wiring damage, loose connections yet?

I am going to go put a spare board on the GUI with NO module connected to see if there is a similarity. It will take a few minutes.[/QUOTE]
I took it outside and turned the tx and the q500 on. The status light under the q500 is a solid purple and the status on the st10 screen on the left shows the GPS box reading "Ready" in green! That's good Im assuming?

Here is what I found:
All GPS wires connected: Lots of satellites and pressure sensor green
GPS connector not attached: NO satellites or pressure sensor
Either of front two (Module Power) wires (Red or black) removed: NO satellites, NO pressure sensor
Either of middle two (GPS) connector wires (white or yellow) removed: NO satellites, pressure sensor good.
Either of rear two (pressure sensor) wires (Blue or Brown) removed: Lots of satellites, NO pressure sensor.

Current speculation: If your pressure sensor is showing a green check mark on the "SENSORS" tab, you probably have a problem with either the white or yellow wires. Could be a short, such as from crushing, or could be nearly a complete separation, probably at the Module end. IF pressure sensor is NOT showing good, could be a bad GPS module, or it could be more wires are damaged.
If you could upload a screenshot of the sensor page, that would be helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: vmaxmasonrya
[QUOTE" That's good Im assuming?

Yes, that sounds very good. But what did you do that fixed the problem?[/QUOTE]
I pulled out the wire from the battery compartment and maybe I loosened up a pinched wire? Also I took the quad outside of my house since the reception in my particular house is real bad. I will post a picture just to make sure.

Here is what I found:
Either of front two (Module Power) wires (Red or black) removed: NO satellites, NO pressure sensor
Either of middle two (GPS) connector wires (white or yellow) removed: NO satellites, pressure sensor good.
Either of rear two (pressure sensor) wires (Blue or Brown) removed: Lots of satellites, NO pressure sensor.

Current speculation: If your pressure sensor is showing a green check mark on the "SENSORS" tab, you probably have a problem with either the white or yellow wires. Could be a short, such as from crushing, or could be nearly a complete separation, probably at the Module end. IF pressure sensor is NOT showing good, could be a bad GPS module, or it could be more wires are damaged.
1545626601796.png

Looks like you are currently "good to go fly".
My only concern at this point is that the problem seemed to be resolved by moving the wires around a little bit. Maybe it is only a temporary fix. I would still pull the shell, and check the wires closely before putting full faith in the GPS. Flying is probably OK, but be ready to take manual control at any time GPS drops out.

The post from inside you house just arrived. It looks a LOT better than before, does it not?

Reactions: vmaxmasonrya
Here is what I found:

WTFD, Thanks for going through the elimination process. I will definitely keep this info to reference to!
Vince

Looks like you are currently "good to go fly".
My only concern at this point is that the problem seemed to be resolved by moving the wires around a little bit. Maybe it is only a temporary fix. I would still pull the shell, and check the wires closely before putting full faith in the GPS. Flying is probably OK, but be ready to take manual control at any time GPS drops out.

The post from inside you house just arrived. It looks a LOT better than before, does it not?
YES! I am so relieved! But your wisdom sounds prudent considering that I will be trusting control of a potential missile hundreds of feet up in the air on a possible loose wire. Now that I know that it works and I don't have to worry about it, I can take my time over the holidays to pull the shell and scrutinize the wires.

Thanks for your help!
Vince

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33